• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

vB Announcement Discussion

crazyredd45 said:
Bacon Boy said:
Jas0n said:
Bacon Boy said:
I vote for a literary contest. Maybe even booting up the newspaper again for good. trying to get a steady podcast going again. However, this would all have to do with members being proactive. If Conor's up for it again, we can run the newspaper.
This could be a great way to actually get the community of TBT involved in stuff, aswell as liven up the forum. If there's some kind of reward for writing in a newspaper/being on a podcast then people might actually do it.
Maybe a special rank for them, like TBt Newspaper Editor/Writer/Graphics Artist/etc.
thats be a good idea
Like the Zetaboards Theme Zone rank things?

Example:

t619721.png

And could TBT get a scroll down menu like theirs?
14oa9fm.png

Rorato said:
crazyredd45 said:
Bacon Boy said:
Jas0n said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Maybe a special rank for them, like TBt Newspaper Editor/Writer/Graphics Artist/etc.
thats be a good idea

Example:

t619721.png

14oa9fm.png
We already have scroll down menus. And yea, like we already have, except more branched out. Conor knows those that have helped out in the past TBT newspaper, so he might appoint some of them and those he know can handle it. We'd also have rankings like "Editor" "Staff Writer" "Graphics Artist", like NSider 2.

Bacon Boy said:
Rorato said:
crazyredd45 said:
Bacon Boy said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
thats be a good idea

Example:

t619721.png

14oa9fm.png
We already have scroll down menus. And yea, like we already have, except more branched out. Conor knows those that have helped out in the past TBT newspaper, so he might appoint some of them and those he know can handle it. We'd also have rankings like "Editor" "Staff Writer" "Graphics Artist", like NSider 2.
They don't seem to be working for me, but okay, I'll take your word for it.

Don't make the new tree too different. :/

Only make it different if it will be 110% better.

For those of you who say the noobs will think I'M A NOOB! when we move, post your join date in your sig or something, problem solved along with post count.

I rather like the idea of achievements but only like memember for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc with a little crown next to your name.

SSgt. Garrett said:
I rather like the idea of achievements but only like memember for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc with a little crown next to your name.
heeeyyy, that's not a bad idea o:

Bacon Boy said:
There's also just way too much blue surrounding the new forum skin.
Personally, I think the blue makes it look sleek, stylish and other MacBook-popularized adjectives.

Muffun said:
Bacon Boy said:
Personally, I think the blue makes it look sleek, stylish and other MacBook-popularized adjectives.
It looks too blank and boring, though.

If you look closely in the screenshot of the website, you can see all of the mods are signed up already.

Rorato said:
If you look closely in the screenshot of the website, you can see all of the mods are signed up already.
Getting their posting in early. Cheaters. I only saw Gohan and Miranda. Jeremy's a given.

Muffun said:
Bacon Boy said:
Great, now I'm going to have to hate the new forum.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Then you'll get elitist scrubs who think they're better because they have a little crown in their name. TBT isn't a game, so there's no point in making achievements.

Muffun said:
Bacon Boy said:
it looks to dark and horrible

i like the lightness of our forums at the moment

by the way i'm in ???

-Aaron said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Then you'll get elitist scrubs who think they're better because they have a little crown in their name. TBT isn't a game, so there's no point in making achievements.
Well said "elitist scrubs" can be reprimanded by the rest of the community for being jerks then, no?

Bacon Boy said:
Muffun said:
Bacon Boy said:
It looks too blank and boring, though.
I agree 100% it doesn't look right,

Back