• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Popularity Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons

Zucker in tier 3 is pretty shocking, seem like I see people wanting him all over the place.

Wow, Ankha really dropped off.

I noticed Paula is on the list (Tier 6) But the Animal Crossing Wiki says she's not in New Horizons?

She is. She was my starter.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does anyone have a link to the source for the sprites? I'm trying to make a new signature and need the new villager sprites.. (dom)

I have a loser village, apparently. I'm only at 5 villagers so far and not a single one of mine are on the list xD

I didn't hunt for any specific villagers, just accepted what was first offered.

Last edited:
I feel like this is all over the place and most are wrong. Many tier 2 and 3 fall under tier 1. I actually go with the new leaf tier which is very or not so different. Were this calculations just taken here because if you were to go on discord its just chaos trying to get popular villagers

I do want to say: This tier list isn't that accurate.

Once the trading becomes more stable and people are able to trade, we'll be able to get a good price and tier range for all the villagers. Tiers aren't based on people's top 10 villagers, they're based on trading popularity. The more popular ones are sold more often and for a higher amount than the less popular ones. Due to the glitchiness of trading villagers and how early it's been since the game released, we aren't able to get that accurate trading amount. In a few months when the glitch is fixed and more people are able to trade, we'll be able to get a set tier list.

There's still some very popular villagers that go for very high amounts but are only listed as T3. This list really isn't accurate as of right now.

Last edited:
yay, thank you! unpopular opinion but i genuinely don’t understand the hype over the glasses cat. he looks annoying ;A;

To the people critiquing this thread: I'd like to say thank you for sharing your input. As someone who worked on putting this list together, I certainly place value in people's different opinions and we tried to reflect those in this list. We really did our best to base this on different factors. The top 10 villagers was just one of many sources we based this data on. I can say that we certainly also based this on information from the trading thread and do plan on updating the list each month as changes come to light. This tier list was never meant to be seen as a "carved in stone" source that every member here has to follow exactly. It's simply a compilation of data from useful sources (most importantly, our own trading thread!) organized in a manner that people can use as a guide or a starting point. In the end, when trading villagers, the price is going to be something both the seller and buyer agree upon between themselves. Whether they choose to use this or not is entirely up to them.

I personally used the New Leaf Tier list back when I played New Leaf and understand the value in making as accurate of a list as possible. I can assure you we'll do what we can to continue to provide that accuracy to anyone who wants to use this. Thank you for taking the time to look through this!

Cool list. I found TBT back in the day from googling Villager Tier Lists for New Leaf, haha! :blush:

Anyway, do want to kindly remind anyone posting a bump post that those in discussion boards are against the rules now. Don't want to give out any formal warnings, so please make sure the post is on-topic. Thank you!

So is this a definitive list of all villagers in the game? I noticed one I just found wasn’t on any list Jakey unless I missed him.

So is this a definitive list of all villagers in the game? I noticed one I just found wasn’t on any list Jakey unless I missed him.

Jakey's name is Jacob, and he's in tier 6

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like this is all over the place and most are wrong. Many tier 2 and 3 fall under tier 1. I actually go with the new leaf tier which is very or not so different. Were this calculations just taken here because if you were to go on discord its just chaos trying to get popular villagers

Some tier 2 were very close to being tier 1, literally a 1 point difference. It's just that we didn't want to group like 25 villagers into tier 1 which is why you see very close ones in other tiers

Is Raddle really so low? :c He's got a mask and everything -he'd survive the pandemic out of all these villagers lmao

So proud that my all current villagers are very popular ~ (which are all my dreamies btw) with over half are in TIER 1:

Tier 1:
BEAU STITCHES FAUNA DIANA FANG

Tier 2:
RUBY BAM

Tier 3:
Apollo

Tier 4:
Lobo Lopez

Back in New Leaf I was the black market villager dealer, I loved lobo so much but he was ranked lower so I gave him away for a higher tier villager (i honestly forgot whom) which I regretted till this day. So even if Lobo is ranked lower, I vowed myself to NEVER let him off this island this time because i love the wolf so much~~~

Last edited:
Just wanted to ask the veterans here, how valuable is coco, and would i be able to trade her for, say, whitney?
Also thanks for compiling this, the list hasnt changed much from new leaf days.

it's funny that marshal is #1 and he was a random move in for me, I didn't even know he was that popular.

I've given Biff away only to find out the person gave me bells for him and I'm currently about to obtain Rasher for 10 nook miles tickets.

I remember when Teddy was bottom of the barrel so I am happy to see him climb this high.

I'd also say between here and Reddit that Raymond is quite a bit more frequent than Marshal even though I'm seeing them similarly priced. I'd say Raymond is #1.

Sherb is probably tier 1 imo judging from frequency and price.

This is so interesting, thank you for making this! I've had many Tier 1's in the past from City Folk to New Leaf, hoping I can get some more in New Horizons!

Back