• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Popularity Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons

Based on the prices Im seeing on discord and this websites trading section both Raymond and Audie need to be ahead of Marshal.

Thank you so much for putting this together! I recently submitted a form and shared it with a few friends as well. While I don't let tier lists influence my personal taste, I really appreciated having them around for NL since I've bought, as well as sold many villagers in the past, and plan to do the same with NH. It's really nice to have a tier list to refer to to know what villagers tend to be priced at, and how high or little of a demand there is for them.

Unpopular opinion: these tier lists are somewhat toxic becuase they devalue people's favorites that are not in a higher tier. Yes I'm salty because I disagree with a lot of what this list says.

lowkey agree with this. it takes the fun out of finding which villagers you truly like because you're influenced by subjective tier lists. sometimes i wish i never found it. but at the same time, its kinda interesting seeing what tier your villagers fall into to.

Am I blind or isn’t Monty anywhere to be seen? Might have missed him.

Otherwise I’m glad that Rod is a little bit more popular. I remember when everyone hated the Mice just because of their Ears or Headshape. Got even more Votes than Bree or Chadder, interesting...

Always interesting to see how those lists always change.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion: these tier lists are somewhat toxic becuase they devalue people's favorites that are not in a higher tier. Yes I'm salty because I disagree with a lot of what this list says.

it can really be a 2-sided coin, can't it? Coming from someone who worked on the list, I don't actually use this myself, but made it for those who do find it useful! I like a lot of the "less popular" villagers too (see my sig for my residents).

Two of my favorite villages are the two lowest tiers, I'm fine with that hahaha! If anyone has Phil or Walt moving out, let me know!

The thing is, this list, as it says, is just a guide, people will pay higher for lower tiers if they are a dreamie to them, and just because the tier list isn't to your choosing doesn't mean it isn't helpful for others. For me, and the others who created it, it was a fun way to get the communities opinion on villagers, I personally disagree with it being remotely toxic, as it doesn't devalue anything.

“Bottom of the barrel” is pretty harsh lmao! thanks for making the list it’s definitely useful to me

Thank you so very much for putting this together! As someone who is new to Animal Crossing, I am quite curious to see where villagers are in popularity. I would love to use my second island to move villagers to other people, and having a guide as to who can be pretty desirable helps me decide who to recruit for that town. Of course people will have their own, different opinions on who they like more, that is natural in every situation ever - but something like this means a lot to me when I’m scrambling for ideas of where to start when I am still learning all the villagers (I love how there are so many to choose from!)

I look forward to seeing how this list develops as time goes on!

“Bottom of the barrel” is pretty harsh lmao! thanks for making the list it’s definitely useful to me

i thought so too.... like :x

Just to say, it's a term that was I believe used in the previous tier list so we just wanted to be consistent with that c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you so very much for putting this together! As someone who is new to Animal Crossing, I am quite curious to see where villagers are in popularity. I would love to use my second island to move villagers to other people, and having a guide as to who can be pretty desirable helps me decide who to recruit for that town. Of course people will have their own, different opinions on who they like more, that is natural in every situation ever - but something like this means a lot to me when I’m scrambling for ideas of where to start when I am still learning all the villagers (I love how there are so many to choose from!)

I look forward to seeing how this list develops as time goes on!

You're such a sweetie, thank you <3

@Pandoria: It would be great, if you could add Monty to the List pls. Just because of the Completion. Even if he ends up in Tier 6. :)

Last edited:
While I don't have any specific dreamies that I must have in my town, I do have a list of my top 10 favorites.

Seeing most of them in tier 1 and 2 (Stitches, Marshal, Pietro, Zucker is number 1 of tier 3 so count that, Ankha, Lucky, and Molly) can sometimes make me feel a little bit unoriginal, but then again it never truly influenced who I preferred.

It also lets me truly appreciate the lower tiered villagers I love just as much, such as Raddle, Buzz and Cheri!

Really well organized list, love the graphic, and can't wait to see more. I'll make sure to fill out the form

Back