• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Villager Popularity List - Updated

The popularity list is based on how popular the villagers are on these forums, so the villagers can be arranged and organized for the sake of sale. so while you may think a villager is great, unfortunately a lot of other people never look for them. There is nothing wrong with "low tiered" villagers, its just they aren't as sought after as the ones at the top! imagine not having the tier list? people would be selling all villagers for all kinds oaf prices! this gives us an organized way to sell and buy villagers!

Oh yeah that makes perfect sense! It's really interesting actually, a lot of the villagers I think look really interesting are quite high up. I don't think Frogs are very popular though, and I really like Frogs xD

The popularity list is based on how popular the villagers are on these forums, so the villagers can be arranged and organized for the sake of sale. so while you may think a villager is great, unfortunately a lot of other people never look for them. There is nothing wrong with "low tiered" villagers, its just they aren't as sought after as the ones at the top! imagine not having the tier list? people would be selling all villagers for all kinds oaf prices! this gives us an organized way to sell and buy villagers!

There used to be, but the OP took it down.
She often asked people to stop quoting her on the prices, but they kept quoting her.
Because of the that, the price list was taken down.

You can search around other threads what people have and pick off that, or just Search Rosie and see what people sold her far.

thank you both!! exactly what I wouldve said =]

This tier list is really beginning to take shape, congrats in another update too btw. It must be so difficult to keep up with ;)

I'm just curious as to why Apollo and Olivia are quite high up, they never struck me as overly popular villagers. I mean they're okay but I never really see people looking for either of them, especially Olivia.

This tier list is really beginning to take shape, congrats in another update too btw. It must be so difficult to keep up with ;)

I'm just curious as to why Apollo and Olivia are quite high up, they never struck me as overly popular villagers. I mean they're okay but I never really see people looking for either of them, especially Olivia.

thank you!! & thank you to everyone else who i've forgotten to quote. seriously, means a lot <3
keeping up with it isn't too hard throughout the week, but during the weekend it's like I have to contionously browse the forums or I fall behind. like when I wake up on sunday morning I have to take a couple hours to browse through 4 pages of cycling/selling threads and 4 pages in the looking for thread lol. but I really dont mind doing it, I love it.

Apollo, I've never known why he's been popular tbh. I think it might have to do something with he's been in the game series since gamecube? so many players who started playing then still favor him. Not sure, I can never really explain the popularity of villagers xD
Olivia might go down next week, will have to see. for her she's either reallly easy to sell or some/most days theres just no interest.

I really like the removal of the prices. I feel like having them posted commodifies the villagers too much, and perpetuates the bad idea that some villagers are "better" than others.

Finally got to come back and check the replies on my question lol, Thx for the replies guys, and I wish you the best of luck in getting this thread stickied! You guys did a wonderful job, and we'll never forget what Houndoomed did for us, but the forums had to move on I suppose. Either way we remain grateful to everyone and anyone who has given their time to create these popularity lists. :)

What about the prices for each tier?

removed them.
(Really need to add in that FAQ I've been thinking of doing)
Since a lot of people were quoting me on the prices even after I had stated a few times to not quote me, I removed them. I don't want people to feel they have to pay a CERTAIN price just because I put it on a tier list. So for references you can check out other cycling threads for what their prices are, or auction/selling threads. or as Venice pointed out a few pages back, you can search the forums for that villager and look at threads for prices that way.

removed them.
(Really need to add in that FAQ I've been thinking of doing)
Since a lot of people were quoting me on the prices even after I had stated a few times to not quote me, I removed them. I don't want people to feel they have to pay a CERTAIN price just because I put it on a tier list. So for references you can check out other cycling threads for what their prices are, or auction/selling threads. or as Venice pointed out a few pages back, you can search the forums for that villager and look at threads for prices that way.

Ah, okay.
I wasn't aware that you knowingly took them off.
I just know that I saw them there like a week ago, and then noticed they aren't there anymore. So I wasn't sure if it was taken off by accident or not

interesting list there is 2 of them though? this one looks better maybe a big picture like the other one? thank you for this im happy wolfgang is a high tier he is my fav route

This thread seriously should be sticked lol~
would be amazing since I feel bad bumping it :c
interesting list there is 2 of them though? this one looks better maybe a big picture like the other one? thank you for this im happy wolfgang is a high tier he is my fav route
the other one is outdated, the OP went M.I.A about 4 months ago. Also, there is a picture =] Right above all the lists it says "Cant see the list? Click for picture version".

Back