• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Tier List for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Updated: 5/19)

Bit of criticism, and its mostly just me nitpicking but I think the "trending" notes could go AFTER the villager's sprite to better help them stay aligned better.

This is fascinating to watch evolve! Awesome job!

I'm glad to see the overall downward trend in prices for all villagers has been noted. Any theories as to why?
I feel like the discovery and growing popularity of the campsite TT method may have something to do with it? I started using it 2 days ago and ended up with Raymond last night. No NMTs, bells, or anything but TTing and patience required. I personally plan to keep going until I find Judy, and forego adopting villagers altogether.
In general, the game just seems to provide much more rewarding ways of "earning" villagers than just buying them, if that makes sense?

I wonder if we'll continue to see prices decrease as time goes on?
I think it's due to the big uproar in the community regarding NMT prices on. . . everything. With Raymond, we saw him sell for over 1k tickets and it was shocking and funny at first but we are realizing just how stupid and unnecessary that is (sorry, couldn't think of a better word). A lot of people are turning to no fee trades now, subreddits like r/NoFeeAC have been gaining members and the biggest AC discord has sections where you can trade without fees. So basically people are realizing things shouldn't be as expensive as they should be.

Bit of criticism, and its mostly just me nitpicking but I think the "trending" notes could go AFTER the villager's sprite to better help them stay aligned better.
It's been bothering me for a few days as well it's not just you! I'll change it soon, haha.

I'm glad to see the overall downward trend in prices for all villagers has been noted. Any theories as to why?
Raymond. I would say the whole reason why the whole market is collapsing and everyone wants so many NMTs/almost every villager popularity is decreasing is thanks to Raymond

Raymond. I would say the whole reason why the whole market is collapsing and everyone wants so many NMTs/almost every villager popularity is decreasing is thanks to Raymond

Possibly. I think there's more than this, however, because even Raymond's price is decreasing. Contributing factors as I see them:

1. Joycon Emulator "Piracy." I've not personally done this, and won't explain here how this is done, but it's not hard to do and becoming increasingly well-known in the ACNH community. AFAIK, this method, or a variant of this method, also allows you to spawn amiibo-less villagers on mystery islands (yes, that means Raymond).

2. Market Saturation. The bubble is popping. Prices were unsustainable, especially as the people who are more willing to pay exorbitant prices are starting to fill-out their roster. Demand is finite - there are only so many players who want Marina, for example - but supply is technically infinite - you can always go to mystery islands or amiibo/pirate in villagers. Prices were bound to come down eventually, and it's happening fast because people saw an opportunity to make real money (USD) via NMT/Raymond/Judy/etc., and so flooded the market even more than would otherwise have occurred.

3. Changing Tastes. I think the pool of "villagers people want" is actually expanding. Two weeks ago all you heard about were the same 10-20 villagers (Raymond, Audie, Judy, Ankha, Marshal, etc.). But now I think people are starting to branch out, possibly because they don't want their island to look like a cookie-cutter clone of everyone else's. I've seen a lot of B and C tier villagers creeping up in popularity because of this - people want at least two or three "darkhorse" guys/gals to set themselves apart. But that uptick in demand is spread out over many villagers, and is honestly not commonly tracked since they aren't commonly offered (and instead obtained via "LF" posts), and thus fly under the radar.

Minor updates:

Added market values to villagers in tier B.

Added sprites to villagers in tier C.

Wow, I'm really surprised at the popular villagers tbh! So many of my favourites are in the lower tiers or untiered haha.

i'm surprised to see jeremiah hasn't moved up a tier! i feel like i've been seeing him go for a lot more than before

You know, I understand the criticisms of tier lists like these, but I like seeing the data and I have to commend the work you've put into this! Some of it is really surprising to me with how different it is from NL. And It kinda makes me sad that some of my favorite villagers aren't as popular as I think they deserve to be, mostly because I'd like to see more fanart and posts about them in general, but I try not to let it bother me too much lol.

Here's where my current villagers are ranked:
S: Marina
A: Punchy, Lily, Julian
B: Chief, Reneigh
C: Peanut, Teddy, Snake
D: Portia (and I'll never understand why, she's a dalmatian with a gorgeous house and her outfit in NH really does her justice, but oh well)

I've got someone in almost every tier on my island right now! I also have faves in pretty much every tier.

Tbh, I have seen literally almost no demand for Lily, Maple, or Molly. I do not think they deserve A tier. The biggest normals rn are Merengue and Lolly - Merengue bc she's An Icon, and Lolly bc she's a cat and the cat aesthetic is a huge factor in a lot of people's desire for her. They think she looks cute with Raymond lol. Lily and Molly were definitely popular in NL, but nowhere near as popular as Lolly is right now.

Also, Julian has one of the most liked houses in NH and I believe he is still worthy of S tier due to that. Behind Raymond and Marshal, he's the most popular smug.

Lastly, there is no way Apollo is as popular as Fang, Chief, and Wolfgang. The cranky wolves go for a lot of IGB and NMT, and I haven't seen Apollo going for those kinds of amounts.

EDIT: despite my criticism to a few rankings, this list is the most valid list every made bc it has The Best Boy Filbert in an actual tier and not shoved in the lowest, non-popular garbage tier. Thank u uwu

Lastly, there is no way Apollo is as popular as Fang, Chief, and Wolfgang. The cranky wolves go for a lot of IGB and NMT, and I haven't seen Apollo going for those kinds of amounts.
Apollo is an anomaly outside of TBT. He's insanely popular on reddit and discord. He's currently on par in popularity to Diana, Fauna and Beau for example. He is - by far - the most popular cranky overall. He's skyrocketed in popularity in NH.

Only reason I don't include him in S tier is because he's not as popular on the forums.

Yeah, Apollo is crazy popular on other sites. Also, I would say Marina is the most popular normal. Being relatively more common on islands hasn’t hurt her (or Zucker’s) popularity.

I'm really happy to see a few new faces pop up in these tiers that I rarely saw in New Leaf

I’m so proud of my favorite villager, Aurora, making her way up the tier list finally!
Post automatically merged:

Nice to see someone take a jab at updating the list! You did a pretty good job putting the villagers into different tiers! Below is my opinion on some villagers. There are a lot that I think can be changed around but these are just a few. This isn't just my opinion, I tried to think about what I have seen around on various online platforms. Feel free to let me know if you agree or disagree!

Apollo - S 🠮 A . . . He's the most popular Cranky but compared to the others in the same rank, he doesn't have the same demand. He fits along better in the A tier.
Vivian - Yeah she's missing here, if she was added I would see her at the B tier.
Sherb - A 🠮 S . . . He definitely has a bigger following now than several weeks ago. Many people have been willing to trade the other new villagers for him.
Ketchup - A 🠮 B . . . I haven't seen her around much in other people's islands. When it comes to dreamies list, I haven't seen her name mentioned as often as the others in A rank. Selling/trade-wise, I don't see much of her either.
June - B 🠮 C . . . June isn't that popular and I hardly see her being traded/sold. She isn't in many dreamies list either.
Beardo - C 🠮 D . . . This guy is not liked. I have not seen people include him at all in dreamies list. He is hardly offered too, people bash on him too much online.
Al - ? . . . I have seen a lot of talk over this guy, especially on here. However, I haven't seen him sold often or highly. Maybe he is better off in the last tier?
Wade - D 🠮 C . . . This guy has gotten a lot of love lately. People are realizing he's cute and endearing. Selling-wise, he's not as offered and doesn't sell as much. But his popularity makes me think he belongs in a higher tier.
Bluebear - B 🠮 C . . . She used to be super popularity in the earlier titles but now she is becoming "forgotten." Older players still love her but new players aren't interested in her. Also, I rarely see her being sold/traded for.
O'Hare - D 🠮 C . . . I have seen him being offered more. People think he's cool and have been interested in getting him, mostly for selling. Dreamies-wise he doesn't seem to be that popular but he is being sold and traded for.
Cube - B 🠮 C . . . I haven't seen this guy around online. Maybe he has a silent following? Many islands I've seen don't have him, dreamies list I don't see his name, selling-wise I haven't seen him either.
Limberg - D 🠮 Untiered . . . This guy is worse than Beardo.
Olive - C 🠮 Untiered . . . I know who this is but man. . . . I haven't heard a peep about her. . .
Genji - A 🠮 B . . . My boy has his following but he is not sold for much. He's a starting villager so he has that basic wood furniture which throws people off.
Muffy - A 🠮 B . . . I don't feel the demand for her is enough to be in A tier. She is either loved or makes people feel creeped out. She isn't offered for trade/sold much compared to the other A tier villagers.
Cookie - A 🠮 B . . . I have seen her on dreamies list, especially on our forum but she is not very popular outside here. Also she is hardly put for sale/traded for.
I actually saw a tier list based on polling of how many people like the villager and Olive was in the bottom 20-25 of all villagers. I think it is because she is bland and easily forgotten. When you have the better designed Maple, you don’t need Olive.

I actually saw a tier list based on polling of how many people like the villager and Olive was in the bottom 20-25 of all villagers. I think it is because she is bland and easily forgotten. When you have the better designed Maple, you don’t need Olive.
Olive will most likely move to D tier in the next week or so tbh. Everything you said was pretty spot on.

Back