villagers asking to move if they are friendly with you/opposed to unfriendly?

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Island
Tansan
Purple Balloon
Green Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Red Balloon
Glam Feather
Cool Feather
Rad Feather
Fresh Feather
Green Feather
So I have Soleil in my town and I want her furry butt out. After looking at some guides I tried hitting her with a net/planting pit falls around her house / ignoring her and generally being an a-hole to her. But she wont budge. She ignores me because we're not friendly (never pings) but never wants to leave either. Now I'm wondering, is it more effective to actually become friendly with them for them to move out? All my favourite villagers whom I'm very friendly with can't wait to leave lol. I remember when I was trying to get Apollo out (big mistake... I miss him and need him for PWPs lol), he told me he was leaving after I started doing errands with him and got friendly with him.

So, which method works for you guys?? Being an a-hole or being nice?
Also, do villagers want to move out at a higher rate if you have an imperfect town status?

I believe it is random. Coco/Anabelle have been saying they are leaving since Wolfgang moved in. I get the occasional Prince/Stinky but that's it and all 4 I have been treating them nicely for their picture.

Becoming friends works, but when I got Velma I talked to her once and then ignored her, and after a little she left, so I guess either.

Last edited:
I think once you ignore a villager to an extend that the the next time you talk to him/her they'll have a conversation about how they haven't seen you around lately, the villager could not ping you because you triggered that conversation. I usually talk to them once in a while, but not as often as the other villagers who I want to keep. May just be my luck though, but I find that it works for me.

I feel so bad when people say "I'm being a jerk, but she/he wont leave!" that does the opposite effect, and they'll be more likely to stay if you do all that. It's better to befriend them first. :p

I've read in several guides the whole "being an a-hole" thing absolutely doesn't work, and supposedly ignoring does.

I've only moved out 3 or 4 villagers and I'm content with my current town, but what I noticed is befriending a villager first, then ignoring them seems to be the best way to target certain move outs. I had previously befriended every single one of my villagers, and the ones I wanted to move out, I just ignored them for a few days and they pinged me to leave soon after.

However, villagers whom I haven't befriended never ping me at all, to move out or otherwise.

Ignoring never worked for me, and my favorite villagers ask to move all the time. I believe it's completely random.

Last edited:
Ignoring doesn't seem to work for me. I have a second character who does errands for villagers, but the ones he've ignored doesn't seem to be more disposed to move out.

Ignoring never worked for me either. There are 3 neighbors I pretty much always ignored (never talked to them, never did errands for them), and they never asked to move, whereas my dreamies (who I did errands for and such) would try to move all the time, one by one. Then I started treating the ignored ones a bit better (talking to them and doing errands), and one of them finally asked to move now.

But this could also all just be a coincidence, and the moving-out neighbor might be completelyl random! I'm skeptical about any guides about this subject because it would seem hard to test this for certain, and for long enough to say that you've definitely seen a pattern beyond coincidence and doubt.

Back