• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Visitor Rules?

Exactly, a game. Everything is literally within a distance that would be equivalent from walking from a bedroom to the front lawn.
It must be so hard to abide by a simple, "walk - don't run" rule that someone decides to use :rolleyes:

yeahhhhh no. running saves time, and people, not all apparently, don't treat the game like life, thus they like to get from point A to point B as quick as possible. i'm not saying that i and others wouldn't follow it, i'm just saying that it's pretty ridiculous.

I don't see how the rule of "no running" is ridiculous, since it causes grass wear....

If you have a lot of people over all the time and everyone is running around, you will have a desert in a few months. O.O

It's actually not ridiculous. Unless you're timed, chased by tarantulas, bees or scorpions (which apparently aren't even on wifi so no running from that) then there's no need to run. The shops aren't going anywhere. The town isn't going to die out just because you walked.

One of my own rules is no running. I have maybe 4 rules I enforce, and that's one of them. It's simple really, if you (in general terms, not at "you") want to run, do it in your own town and have the respect and common courtesy to not run in others. Once again, I'm speaking in generalized terms to everyone reading, not just you. I plan on having multiple people at once, so I want things to be in an orderly fashion. And I sure as heck don't want people running around my town to find Joan to buy cheap turnips or even running from like my beach all the way to the store to sell turnips just because its apparently so agonizing to walk in a game.

Can't you turn off the game if someone is seriously destroying your town from running, tree cutting, etc. ?

I don't make rules for visitors in my town; however, If I catch someone destroying my flowers from running through them, swinging at my trees with an axe, etc. I will disconnect and delete them from my friends list.

I shouldn't have to make up rules and run around my town to constantly check to see if the rules are being followed. If you come to my town and don't have the decency to behave properly, then there is no place for you in my town and I never want you in it again. No second chances, you do something stupid, you're banned.

Can you turn off the game if someone is seriously destroying your town from running, tree cutting, etc. ?

Yes, you can. You can turn your 3DS off or flick the wifi switch off to disconnect and none of the damage will be saved.

There is also an option to kick people out of your town (start - first option), but by doing so, it will save the game and all of the damage caused to your town will be saved too.

If there's a no running rule, then I am pretty sure the owner of that town won't run either so it's not like you'd ever need to run to keep up with them if you're hanging out together. If running is seriously a major part of your gameplay though, just do it at the island and during the minigames where it won't affect the town.

I don't see how the rule of "no running" is ridiculous, since it causes grass wear....

If you have a lot of people over all the time and everyone is running around, you will have a desert in a few months. O.O

Unless someone whose had a copy since November can show a town with severe grass gradation, I can almost say grass wear problems are a thing of the past.

I know how bad it was with City Folk, the grass around My House, Nook's, near the beach, & along my ramps is gone, and that's with almost no running.

I think people are just afraid, it'll be nice to not to have to worry about it so much anymore.

I guess you get to know your friends better before you add them.
Because my brother in destroy my trees and I was really so that why I play alone I'm checking at my email Shakiralover@gmail.com
To see who I can trust I need to know people better and what they do in there town before I invite them over to my town.
I know we fall in traps all the time. But remember trust is key in there's games.

Last edited:
I don't make rules for visitors in my town; however, If I catch someone destroying my flowers from running through them, swinging at my trees with an axe, etc. I will disconnect and delete them from my friends list.

I shouldn't have to make up rules and run around my town to constantly check to see if the rules are being followed. If you come to my town and don't have the decency to behave properly, then there is no place for you in my town and I never want you in it again. No second chances, you do something stupid, you're banned.

Yes, you can. You can turn your 3DS off or flick the wifi switch off to disconnect and none of the damage will be saved.

There is also an option to kick people out of your town (start - first option), but by doing so, it will save the game and all of the damage caused to your town will be saved too.

Pretty much this^

new info:
"Grass does not grow back on its own, apparently so once you make a dirt paths it's there for good unless you use fertilizer (Can't be purchased until the gardening shop is FULLY upgraded. but grass wear has apparently been taking double the time to appear than in the CF version"

So yeah maybe I will be lame about running as well.

Edit: Nevermind, the fertilizer thing is a myth, most people are saying you have to plant flowers on the patches of non-grass and keep them alive for a while.

Last edited:
Skarro
Fertilizer isn't a myth, it's already been proven and told that it only helps delicious fruit tree grows and hybrids sprout.

And yes, planting flowers helps. But you have to water those flowers for it to take affect or something. And snow, thunderstorms and rain helps grow grass back apparently

new info:
"Grass does not grow back on its own, apparently so once you make a dirt paths it's there for good unless you use fertilizer (Can't be purchased until the gardening shop is FULLY upgraded. but grass wear has apparently been taking double the time to appear than in the CF version"

So yeah maybe I will be lame about running as well.

Edit: Nevermind, the fertilizer thing is a myth, most people are saying you have to plant flowers on the patches of non-grass and keep them alive for a while.

This is not new info, this is OLD UNTRUE info.

I dont know exactly how it works, as I dont have the game. But there have been many reports that the "animal tracks" has been nerffed a LOT. Grass still does wear down into dirt paths but it takes a lot longer, and grass starts to repair its self faster. What I am unsure about is if the grass will just repair its self, or if you must plant flowers on top.

Wait, if I added someone in my friend list he will be able to visit my town with letting me know?

Lotus
If you're online, and your "gate" is open, anyone who is online and who can see you're online can pop into your town without you saying yes, if what I read was correct

Lotus
If you're online, and your "gate" is open, anyone who is online and who can see you're online can pop into your town without you saying yes, if what I read was correct

So, Anyone from my friend list can pop in my town if I left the gates open?

No good reason? lol, how about wanting to get to places fast,and not at the speed of a snail? lol

If your really that lazy, i dread to think wht yourr town will be like. (I didnt mean you in particulay, just a general "you")

Lotus
Yes. Anyone can come in. I think there's a way to set it so only your best friends can come though. So that's a way to kind of pick out who you want to visit you at that time. Of course, you have to have each other registered as best friends :)

Lotus
Yes. Anyone can come in. I think there's a way to set it so only your best friends can come though. So that's a way to kind of pick out who you want to visit you at that time. Of course, you have to have each other registered as best friends :)

I thought it was open for my friends list, I only want my best friends to come anytime

Then, if I read was correct, and you can set it to best friends only, those are the only people who will be able to come to your town. I could be wrong though, someone with the Japanese copy can come and clarify or correct me if I'm wrong c:

Back