• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Visitor Rules?

So far, I've only invited a few people from these forums (mostly from the adults thread over a certain age) - and one thing we could do as a forum is everyone put their town rules on their bulletin boards -- that way, people know to check each person's own rules.

One thing you can see in this posting is that everyone has different ideas for their own towns.

Personally, I don't care if someone buys something since I doubt I'll invite people over until I've checked the stores for myself. However, I'd prefer people not to dig in my town at all. Check your shovels at the door. That being said, I'll likely have already gotten my fossils and money/gem rock, but maybe I won't that day.

I think my rules would be something like:
No digging
No chopping
No stealing flowers
Avoid running through flowers

I also agree with asking people not to pick my fruit -- at least early on -- once I get my trees ready, the fruit will be for others to get bells back at their towns.

My rules are
No running
No talking
No stealing
No fishing
No fun
No bug catching
No island trips
No digging up fossils
No asking questions
No talking to villagers
No movement whatsoever
No buying from shops
No shaking trees
No picking my flowers
No diving
No sling shots
NO NOTHING >:C

Jk c: if anything it's just,
No Running
No taking without asking <~ this applies more to perfect fruit than anything else
No littering
No axes allowed, period.

Probably some other random etiquette things but that's about it

can you actually kick people from your town? or could you just save and they would have to leave? I have to admit, I'm not very good at building a town as it is, without the destructive help of some crazed axe wielding player.

My Rules]
(*^*) Axes are BANNED! If I see an axe out, I shall turn off.
(*^*) Littering will not be tolerated. If you drop something, I'll pick it up and sell it for myself.
(*^*) No picking flowers.
(*^*) No running
(*^*) If you shake a tree with fruit, you must pick all of the fruit up.
(*^*) Follow the path. It's there for a reason.

and this thread is the reason I only plan to add people I get to know a bit better on here first.

correct me if i'm wrong, but you choose when people can enter your town right? Also the whole reporting thing probably wouldn't work, unless you carry a camera with you all the time.
I think the best way to handle visitors, is to follow them, and if they turn out to be juvenile delinquents, just turn off your game, problem solved yes?

You technically carry a camera with you at all times when all you have to do is press "L and R" together to take a screenshot ;)

Well since people are posting rules, here are MY rules:

-If you shake any tree, pick everything up and if it was the last shake of a delicious tree, either replant one of the fallen fruit or leave one there for me to replant.

-No picking up patterns(Which apparently can't be done by visitors now?)

-And of course common courtesies such as no actions of intentionally destroying my town or stealing flowers

I allow axes just because I always carry the ax with me so I know how annoying it can be for some to be forced to drop it in town before heading out.

What if we had a sort of user rating system? not a scale of 1-5, but just a "would play with again.". My figuring, you cannot negatively vote on anyone, its good or none at all. this way, you can't go on a rampage ruining someone's stuff. You just see that this person claims to play online all the time, and has a low rating, I'll keep an eye on them, or this person has a high rating, I can relax.

Not many malicious things can happen there.

I believe it's because some people doesn't react fast enough to stop running, potentially accidentally destroying some flowers in the process.

What exactly is the point of running back and forth in someone's town though? Unless you're visiting me at late night and a scorpion/tarantula, bee, or banded dragonfly is to be caught or is chasing after you, I don't see any necessity to run. Not to mention flower beds get destroyed by runners who can't stop fast enough. And the grass STILL DOES wear down, and every step taken by running counts towards that. Also, it's not like the stores, trees or island sprout legs and run away, forcing you to run after them LOL
It's also just how some people prefer to be. If anyone is caught running in my town without a good cause, they will be forced out and not invited back. :p

Some of you guys seem so strict with your rules, but that's the beauty of it; it's your town so do what you want.

As for me, I'm relatively simple. As long as you aren't purposefully destroying my town (cutting trees, killing grass, etc) I don't care what you do. If I'm stupid enough to not pick up/dig up/buy up something before I let you in, that's my fault not yours.

can you actually kick people from your town? or could you just save and they would have to leave? I have to admit, I'm not very good at building a town as it is, without the destructive help of some crazed axe wielding player.
You can kick people out, but it will save everything that has been done to your town. If damage has been done, the best thing to do is switch the wifi switch off to disconnect, since this will reverse everything that has been done as long as you haven't saved.

Unless you're visiting me at late night and a scorpion/tarantula, bee, or banded dragonfly is to be caught or is chasing after you,

Well, tarantulas, scorpions, AND bees don't even appear during Wifi so yeah. Don't be running.

What if we had a sort of user rating system? not a scale of 1-5, but just a "would play with again.". My figuring, you cannot negatively vote on anyone, its good or none at all. this way, you can't go on a rampage ruining someone's stuff. You just see that this person claims to play online all the time, and has a low rating, I'll keep an eye on them, or this person has a high rating, I can relax.

Not many malicious things can happen there.

I'm in favor of this idea.

and i don't think that you can take screenshots using the 3ds camera in game, atleast not in the games i play, as far as i know

and i don't think that you can take screenshots using the 3ds camera in game, atleast not in the games i play, as far as i know

Umm.. Yes, you can. All you have to do is step into tumblr's animal crossing new leaf and you'll see hundreds upon hundreds of in game screenshots from Japanese players and the few who got the English version first >___>

Superpenguin
Even better then. Anyone running around pointlessly or bringing an axe into my town is promptly kicked and not allowed in my town again c:

Umm.. Yes, you can. All you have to do is step into tumblr's animal crossing new leaf and you'll see hundreds upon hundreds of in game screenshots from Japanese players and the few who got the English version first >___>

I think they meant actual 3D photos like photos showing what the game actually looks like with 3D turned on? I never understood the beauty of 3D though so I don't know why everyone requests to see photos in 3D.

I like the idea of a user rating system or just having a thread of common courtesies. I have no problems with people running around my town as long as they aren't destroying/cutting down trees or taking flowers or fruit without asking. (buying in the shops is fine as I'll have already bought what I want before I invite people into town.) I've only been here for a short while but the Bell Tree seems like a nice enough community to where these rules are already commonly known and followed.

Back