• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Visitor Rules?

I like the idea of a user rating system or just having a thread of common courtesies. I have no problems with people running around my town as long as they aren't destroying/cutting down trees or taking flowers or fruit without asking. (buying in the shops is fine as I'll have already bought what I want before I invite people into town.) I've only been here for a short while but the Bell Tree seems like a nice enough community to where these rules are already commonly known and followed.

This is also my reasoning for being lax with my friend code here. However, I don't know if there will be a huge flow of traffic after the release. Once people start googling communities, I think this will become a quick favorite.

The take-away here is that if someone starts jacking up your town, click the wifi switch on the side of your 3DS to "un-save" their actions. As long as you haven't saved after they do stuff, you're good.

So, I'm going to save before opening my gate and then watch peoples and turn off the switch if they mess anything up.

Doesn't opening your gates automatically save your game before connecting to Internet? Also, each time a guest comes in your town, the game will save.

These are some of my rules that i WILL be enforcing:
>NO RUNNING - (without good reason, and i fail to think of any reason atm)
>NO AXES - i'm not going to make you drop any axe at the door, but if i do see an axe out, you better put it away quick.
>NO STEALING - MY town, MY stuff
>NO LITTERING - actually, you can litter, anything you leave lying around in my town, i will sell for myself ^.^
>NO PITFALL SEEDS - I have a severe problem with these things.
>NO PICKING OF DELISCIOUS FRUIT - all other fruit is fine.

P.S If you catch a rare bug or fish or fossil, its yours, you caught it.

These are some of my rules that i WILL be enforcing:
>NO RUNNING - (without good reason, and i fail to think of any reason atm)

No good reason? lol, how about wanting to get to places fast,and not at the speed of a snail? lol

Is moving the toggle that hard and slow paced for some of you that you just NEED to press the button to run? :rolleyes:

Now I'm wondering, for those complaining about rules against running, do you wake up and run and do everything in your life while running? ._.

In all honesty, as long as someone isn't destroying stuff in my town, I don't care what they do. running is fine with me :3

My town's future rules:
-Don't drop stuff for no reason. I don't really wanna pick it up because I'm lazy.
-Try to run on the path. It will be outlined with bushes and I'm gonna need it to be filled in with dirt.
-Don't chop down trees. They're there for a reason or something.
-Don't mess with my flowers, bro. My flowers will trample YOU.
-Be nice. I'm a sensitive thing. (not really just don't be a jerk... not that you guys would)
-Pitfalls are fine. Just don't put them everywhere.
That's pretty much it. Do the moral things and have fun. :lemon:

Last edited:
I run on my grass non stop and doesn't look to bad

Did you take any photos early on? Could you maybe compare spots to now?

Personally I'm confident that they fixed the horror show that was City Folk's grass degradation.
It seems what could happen in weeks in City Folk, now takes months, possibly years in New Leaf.
Although, some photographic evidence wouldn't hurt.

As for rules for visitors, I wouldn't be very strict, long as anyone visiting doesn't start chopping down all my trees.
I'd even be alright with running, long as I still have some flowers left afterwards, as flowers seem to grow like weeds in New Leaf.

Last edited:
My simple rules for my bulletin board.

Shops are open to all visitors.
Lost and Found items (if any left) can be given just ask.
Please be careful when walking or running due to flowers.
Donations to Public Works Projects is always welcome.
When in Doubt ask please.

I'm picky about things. I especially don't like running. Some people are the same as I am so I will wifi with people who have similar rules.

Is moving the toggle that hard and slow paced for some of you that you just NEED to press the button to run? :rolleyes:

Now I'm wondering, for those complaining about rules against running, do you wake up and run and do everything in your life while running? ._.

Do you wake up to a civilization of talking animals? it's a game.

I am going to be picky about how visitors act, but I'm not going to be over the top. Running in certain areas is fine.. but now I'll have to use some of the rules and ideas here to make my own short list.

Here are my rules:

No running and try and stay on the path
No stealing my stuff
No taking perfect fruit unless I give it to you
No littering unless your giving me a present

That is all I think

Exactly, a game. Everything is literally within a distance that would be equivalent from walking from a bedroom to the front lawn.
It must be so hard to abide by a simple, "walk - don't run" rule that someone decides to use :rolleyes:

my rules are prob going to be:
dont kill my flowers
dont nick my stuff off the floor
dont nick my perfect fruit

I'd like people that play it Roleplay-style and that take their time.
A no-running rule would be something I need to do because even I cannot run with the flowers so close to the paths that I set.
My paths will be natural grass wear and not straight lines. I hate straight line, it does not seem natural at all.

Btw if you're looking for friends for the release of New Leaf, take a look at the pictures (album) in my profile. If you're doing the same thing as me with your village, send me a pm and let's exhange friend codes. But not people under 16 years old please. Oh and no people that hacked before, please GTFO :D

Last edited:
Back