• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Monday 06/17

I caught a second shiny Vulpix in Pokémon: Let's Go! Eevee. This one I evolved into a Ninetails. ✨
Internet_20240617_141034_2.jpeg

@Doo helped me obtain Alakazam, Gengar, Golem, and Machamp for my Pokédex. :D

Booked a table for brunch at 11AM Sunday with my partner. It's one of our favourite breakfast spots but we haven't been since her birthday in September. Let's hope I can manage real food by then! 😂

Today, I'm happy because.. (including some things from yesterday too).

- I got to play lots of Splatoon with @Dunquixote and @Mr_Keroppi yesterday/last night! I had a lot of fun playing with them both! :3 I'm improving more with the Splat Rollers the more I play c:

- Played some Pokémon early this morning (or was it last night..? 🤔 ) with @Vhoop! He helped me do some Tera Raids with his Iron Hands. I am really bad with tera raids, so I was extremely happy that Vhoop was able to help me!! ^_^

- Starting a living dex for the Paldea region so I can transfer them all to Pokémon HOME when I'm done c: I hope I have enough boxes in my game for that.. if not, I'll just have to transfer them as I go. It makes me happy to organize and catch Pokémon specifically for the purpose of having a living dex; because I'd like to help my friends complete their dexes too! I love helping others in games. It makes me feel good and useful ^_^

- Randomly encountered a shiny Scatterbug in the wild in Pokémon Violet! I didn't have any perks/boosts going, so I was really happy to see the shiny! I also caught it. I also caught a couple of shinies through Tera Raids today also. I got a shiny Ralts, Litwick, Phantump, and Fletchinder. ^^

- Dun commissioned Yanrima to draw something (Wriothesley from Genshin specifically) for me as a surprise!!! I was so happy when Dun showed me <3 I love Wriothesley so much! ;w; >< Thank you both for making my day so much better yesterday! I needed it ❤️

- Went to my sisters today! I'm staying the night here since it's really hot at my house and I'm happy that I get to spend time with her 🥺 We're probably gonna play Pokémon and Animal Crossing together.. either that or maybe fangirl together over silly things or write together ^^

This is referring to another website, but I'm kinda happy with how many new faces have approached me there and have written on my profile lately. I'm a complete scatter brain and I suck at responding sometimes. But it does feel meaningful to me.

Granted, nearly a decade there has given me a different level of comfort. Almost apathy really. I'm mostly there at this point for certain long time friends. (I was on staff at one point before life got in the way and I hung it up).

um, but I guess for a fleeting moment today I felt quite loved.

Today was another good day! 😁

- Got up early and was productive at work. Finished something I was working on! 📊

- Came home and fed my kitties, and they loved it. They always gather around me now when I'm about to feed them. 🐱

- Went to martial arts and worked on my newest techniques and started to get better at them. 🥋

- Back home again and about to chill for the evening before heading to sleep. Might play some more Genius Invokation TCG in Genshin and some ACNH. 👀

I have enough golden carrots in Usagi Shima to afford the treehouse!! Now I just have to wait for it to actually appear in the shop for me ;w;

Maxed out all the bachelorettes’ affection and finished all of their requests in Rune Factory 3 Special!! Excited to finish the main story next time!! (after I grow the pink turnips I apparently need?? Hazel doesn’t have any for sale, RIP)

Watched SmallishBeans’ new Minecraft hide and seek video and a few other ones with my parents!

I had fun working on my surprise commission for jiny! might have to do more with the coloring method I was playing around with eeee

I know I'm late to this, but happy 18th anniversary to you and your husband! 🥳 Will you ever see Mortimer and Olive again?
Thank you! I appreciate it! And I'm still holding out hope that I will see them again. I'm always on the lookout.

Today I'm happy because I finished my highest priority work and logged off on time. I can't remember the last time that happened on a Monday. I almost always end up working late.

I'm off work tomorrow for jury duty, unless it gets cancelled or I'm dismissed. I honestly don't know if I'd rather spend the day at court or at the office, but at least during jury duty there are literally no distractions. They don't even allow you to bring your phone into the courthouse, so work and family just have to wait. I have to say that is kind of nice.

Wednesday is a holiday so I'm off work that day too!

- My niece is being born today, so that's exciting!
- In general just chilled out all day, even had a nap which I needed because I was soooo exhausted yesterday (I hate starting work at 7am :cautious:)
- Did a 15 min HIIT workout!
- Ate some good food! Ate entirely breakfast food today, the best kind of food (y)

I had an interview today. I’m not sure how it went, but I have experience and it sounded like it went pretty well. I’ll hear back by Friday, but I applied for three more jobs in the meantime. Additionally, I *might* have another interview coming up soon. It's for a gas station, which isn't my first choice but it's something!
After the interview this morning, I went to Taco Bell and got the $5 Cravings Box which comes with a drink. I had cinnamon twists as my side. It was delicious.
I'm feeling a little more (but not much) confident about finding a job. I don't think I'm the only one having issues right now. However, I think I made progress today.

EDIT: I ended up getting a job offer! I was told I wasn't going to hear anything until Friday, but the hiring manager ended up liking my energy, so now I have a job. It's only three days a week and part time for now, but it's a paycheck. I'm excited. I think this job pays weekly, as well, so I should have another paycheck soon! It's retail!! (I'm just happy it's not a restaurant!)

Last edited:
I’ve not written here for a few days, so this is a roundup of the last week!
  • Last week was quiet and found time to get some things done around the house. Still making the most of my feeling of energy, and being nearly pain free until my temporary medications finish in a few weeks.
  • I’ve bought myself some things: a new handbag. My other one was so small. I needed more room to keep treats for Blossom! My Dad gave me the money for it! I bought a Husky puppet with hand triggers. Whenever you press a trigger it looks like the Husky is boxing! Blossom loves to try and catch his arm! I also bought a light up bubble gun. I don’t know what Blossom thinks of that. She looks a bit confused, to be honest! I tried it outside, but she still doesn't look impressed even with bacon scented doggy bubbles! Also, bought her a ‘Pizza Mutt’ toy. It’s a hide and seek toy, with 3 cute toy pizza slices for her to play with aswell.
  • I bought myself an electric under desk stepper. When I’m at my desk, I want to try and keep my lower half of my body moving regularly. Really handy and came with a remote control, so I don’t have to keep moving to change direction and settings.
  • It was Father’s Day! I spent the day with my lovely Dad. He’s extremely difficult to try and buy for, so luckily his phone was having problems charging and basically the repair cost wasn’t worth it. I bought him a new phone and a few other little things. Blossom bought him a case for it! I got a little bandana for Blossom for her to wear to celebrate Father’s Day. He bought me the cutest knitted Basset Hound and a piece of Sapphire crystal as a thank you. Sapphire is my favourite crystal and his birthstone.
  • Blossom has started to properly bark! She doesn’t bark a lot, but when she does it gives me a fright!

Last edited:
Tuesday 18/06

I had my first day back at work after going home sick last Wednesday. I was thrown right in the deep end. Multiple requisitions came in late morning/early afternoon with a less than 24hr turnaround. All orders for this week should have been formally submitted by Friday lunchtime, and it wasn't quick or simple stuff, but I pulled it off and had it all finished before the end of the work day! 💪

Had a daft exchange with a senior pupil who caught me baffled when I lost the keys to the chemical store while carrying a padlocked container of alkali metals with many visible hazard signs on it. I like when our students aren't afraid to (respectfully) banter with staff. 😂

I also learned today that I have the power to scare misbehaving teenagers absolutely ****less by greeting them in the language spoken in the school (I don't work in an English-speaking environment) when out in public. This is a power I'm not sure I'm prepared to wield. 🫢

I was offered a promotion at one of my volunteer jobs today. I've been consistently rejecting the invitation to take on a leadership role with them for the past year and a half, but the way they framed it today aligns with my interests so I agreed to a more formal talk more about it. 🎉

Mailed @Mick's birthday gift on my lunch break. It's stupid but I'm super excited for him to receive it! 🎁

Had a glass of wine and ordered myself far too much sushi for dinner as a treat for living off of plain food while ill. It was absolutely delicious. 🍷 🍣

I had an interview today. I’m not sure how it went, but I have experience and it sounded like it went pretty well. I’ll hear back by Friday, but I applied for three more jobs in the meantime. Additionally, I *might* have another interview coming up soon. It's for a gas station, which isn't my first choice but it's something!
After the interview this morning, I went to Taco Bell and got the $5 Cravings Box which comes with a drink. I had cinnamon twists as my side. It was delicious.
I'm feeling a little more (but not much) confident about finding a job. I don't think I'm the only one having issues right now. However, I think I made progress today.

EDIT: I ended up getting a job offer! I was told I wasn't going to hear anything until Friday, but the hiring manager ended up liking my energy, so now I have a job. It's only three days a week and part time for now, but it's a paycheck. I'm excited. I think this job pays weekly, as well, so I should have another paycheck soon! It's retail!! (I'm just happy it's not a restaurant!)
Congrats!! :)
Post automatically merged:

• Some of the stress I was dealing with was relieved bit, some weight off my shoulders
  • Tomorrow I have an appointment with a grief counselor to help process my therapist of 8 years passing away suddenly over the weekend. Part of me was like no I don't need it cause I always try to deal with things on my own but I'm really devastated and I was crying all of yesterday and a lot of today. She was my favorite therapist I ever had and we worked together for so long. The clinic I go to where she worked offered it so I went ahead and set up an appointment with the grief counselor for tomorrow. I'm just really sad and feel horrible about it so I'm hoping talking to someone tomorrow, someone that also knew her helps.
  • I'm going to a carnival! On the 29th. I'm excited about that :) It's been so long since I've been to anything like that
  • My kitties are as happy as can be :) Mocha is just chilling and mustachio is in her little basket. I always think Mocha looks like a little mouse :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Mocha2.jpg
    Mocha2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Mustachio2.jpg
    Mustachio2.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
CRYING SCREAMING THROWING UP RIGHT NOW?!? I seriously feel like I just won the lottery after watching the Nintendo Direct I cannot believe we are actually getting METROID PRIME 4 AND MARIO & LUIGI SERIES REBOOT???? NO FREAKING WAY Seriously this is a HUGE dream come true and I couldn't possibly ask for any more, I am absolutely over the moon right now, I can't believe the two games I've been waiting so so long for are finally getting released I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY

Back