What Are You Happy About Today?

Ooh what did you get?!
Ba9tz8s.jpeg

It's been a while since I've posted here, so first and foremost, I'm happy to be back! I've missed catching up with all of your lives, but I hope you've had lots of things to be happy about! 💖

I've had many happy animal encounters since I last posted here. Deer, groundhogs, squirrels, birds, worms, and bugs. I even saw my beloved Mortimer again! 🦇

Working on the TBT Fair was so much fun! I loved seeing all of your entries. I really loved how much Canvas Crossing took off and became a beast of its own. 🖼️

I am beyond happy that the Minnesota Vikings are 4-0 right now! Please don't pinch me. If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up. 💜💛
I miss reading your posts in this thread! One thing that always stood out to me is when you mention sightings of various animals, most notably Mortimer the bat. May I ask, is Mrs. Potter still appearing from time to time? 🐰

---------------------------------------------

While I'm not 100% feeling better yet, it's definitely a huge improvement from yesterday!
  • I spent another day at home trying to recover. At the same time, I also got to catch up on some more sleep! 💤
  • I played Gran Turismo 7. After holding it off for almost a year, I got around to complete and gold the last four master licence tests in the game! It took me approximately an hour to complete thanks to multiple tries, especially on the last one where I had to drive a 1988 McLaren MP4/4 around Suzuka Circuit. But it does feel satisfying when I pulled it off! There's one screenshot I want @Roxxy to see. 🥺
I've had this helmet design for well over a year now, but it never fails to make me smile whenever I see Blue from Blue's Clues on the back of my helmet because 1. She personally made the drawing of Blue for me and I recreated it in Inkscape so I can use it in the game and 2. I rarely get to see it during gameplay if at all because it would always get obstructed by the huge majority of the cars in this game. The McLaren MP4/4 is one of the few where I can see it while driving, giving me a nice treat. 🥺
Suzuka Circuit_.jpeg
Gran Turismo® 7_20241002173419.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20241002180534.jpg

Out of all cars shown in these licence test, the first two are the ones I saw in real life! Don't mind the Lamborghini Urus at the top of the screen LOL.
Gran Turismo® 7_20241002180635.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20241002180644.jpg

I already have it, but I'll take the free prize anyways. 😅
Gran Turismo® 7_20241002180617.jpg
With the car and track combo for the final licence test, I was curious to know what the fastest qualifying time was for the 1988 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix. I checked the official Formula 1 website displaying the qualifying results. Ayrton Senna set the fastest time of 1:41.853 with the same car I used for the final licence test. The gold target time is 1:44.490. The time I set is 1:44.218. With that result, it would only be good enough for 10th place out of the 30 cars that qualified, so McLaren wouldn't be happy with my time for being over two seconds slower than Senna considering how OP the team's car is compared to the competition back then lol. I know it's a game and all not 100% simulating the real world, but it's interesting to see how close I can get to the real thing!
  • I cooked Tuscan Salmon for dinner with my mother! The sauce ended up being too salty (don't worry guys, I used a separate spoon to taste test lol), but thankfully we ended up solving it by removing some of the sauce and adding some water to reduce the saltiness. It was a success! 🐟
  • I really enjoyed talking to @/xSuperMario64x throughout the day, especially when we tried to teach each other words in another language (he taught me a few words in German while I taught him a few words in Tagalog hehehe). 🥰
  • I played yet another session of Among Us with @/Xara, @/BetsySundrop, @/Dinosaur, @/Halloqueen, and @/Saylor that was organized by @/Dunquixote! During one round, it took us quite a while to get a crewmate win while the imposter didn't even kill anyone... Until the very end when someone shapeshifted as me, saw me, then panic killed BetsySundrop. Turns out it was Saylor the whole time who was the imposter! Thank goodness Xara backed me up, even though she started freaking out (so did I) when she saw two Shellzillas. :ROFLMAO:

Today I'm happy the site is running smoother. I tried working some reports and things last night, but it was so slow I gave up. So glad Jeremy found the root of the problem!

I have an appointment set up with an insurance agent on Friday. My mom and brother both lost their Medicaid coverage in Sept so it's been rough going with their doctor bills piling up. I was trying to find something for them myself, but became too overwhelmed by it all. I really hope this person will be able to help me get them fully covered again.

Speaking of appointments, I have massage therapy tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. Last week, she tried cupping on me to see if it would help. Cupping is the ancient technique where cups are placed on your back and suction is applied. I was really surprised by the results. I have regained so much range of motion in my neck and shoulders. The difference was immediate and significant.

1727930368512.png

I miss reading your posts in this thread! One thing that always stood out to me is when you mention sightings of various animals, most notably Mortimer the bat. May I ask, is Mrs. Potter still appearing from time to time? 🐰
I've missed reading everyone else's posts too! Hopefully life will calm down for me soon. I've been way too busy lately. 😅

No, I haven't seen Ms. Potter or any of the rabbits in some time now. I'm certain they couldn't all have disappeared, so they must be keeping to themselves for now.

Today I had fun playing Among Us! :D I love the bat beanie; it looks like a cat 😸. Me and @Xara were twinning in the same overalls tonight and I think @/Saylor was also wearing them too! :D I love the Plague Doctor mask; it makes me think of my plague doctor squishable.

I’m really excited about the prices of the collectibles being announced tonight. I’m optimistic that I’ll be able to get most if not all of the collectibles that I want [the most]. Still going to keep my fingers crossed just in case though 🤞.

I got Mitzi to move out today and I found Hornsby. I don’t have his Amiibo card yet and I’ve been interested in him for a long time so I’m really excited to have him now :D. Now I hope I can get Julia to move soon so I can go island hopping again soon.

Last edited:
What happened yesterday:
- I ate some food at a Turkish restaurant with my mom that tasted good, especially the chicken wrap and falafels.
- Bought some art supplies.
- Watched The Super Mario Bros Movie on Netflix and it was good, even though the voice acting for Mario could've been better. Can't wait for the sequel with Yoshi and hopefully, Daisy will make an appearance in that film.
- Ate some key lime cheesecake with my mom for dessert.

What happened today:
- I had a good day at uni and read a book at the library on campus.
- Had a relaxing day playing video games.

- The new headphones I ordered arrived yesterday, and I'm happy they work (I get through headphones fast, probably bc I sleep in them a lot 😅 )

- The weather has been pretty nice these past 2 days, finally sunny, though still cold...

- The halloween event on one of my fav online games started yesterday, I always look forward to it 🎃

Back