What Are You Happy About Today?

- In the process of doing some last minute packing for my trip! ^_^ I'm STILL trying to figure out how to pack my crochet bag with all my yarn, and stuff that I carry in my purse. I'm only allowed 2 personal items, if I wanted more I'd get charged a fee... TT I need my bag for snacks/food, my purse, and my crochet bag.. >< I'm still really excited for my vacation though :3

- I made sausage gravy and biscuits for dinner today! ALL BY MYSELF?! My dad said mine turned out better than his when he makes it! I was so proud and happy ;w;

- My TBT Fair mail-pack came in today! Oblivia wrote the sweetest heartfelt letter ;w; Kinda made me cry! Well, I DID cry, lol. Tears of joy though, of course!

- Attempting to make chicken coasters for my besties parents. However, I wanted to make homage to their home country. They came from Portugal, so I wanted to make the coasters inspired off of Galo de Barcelos! (the black rooster with all the cutesy designs on its body).. I don't think I can embroider all the designs on it in time, so I'm just going to make it a black chicken with maybe a tiny heart applique on it! It makes me happy that they let me stay with them for free, so it's the least I could do for them T^T

- My boyfriend will be back soon! However, I'll be gone when he gets back >< It makes me happy though that he'll be home again.. I can't wait to see him though.

- Listening to my ult k-pop group (Red Velvet). They make me so happy.. T^T I love my girls!! Seulgi is my ult bias out of any group, I literally just can't get over how gorg she is!!

I think that's it for today!

Today I'm happy because it wasn't raining and the sun was out. It feels like forever since we've had a calm, beautiful day. I also know I'm lucky to have not been impacted by Hurricane Helene other than the massive amount of rain. I hope all of you are safe and sound.

Regarding the hurricane, I had some reward points built up at work so I used them to make a donation to the Red Cross to help those who were affected.

I had a really great session with my massage therapist today. I had one spot that was bothering me all week and she worked out the kinks. I feel so much better.

This is what I’m happy about today:

My girls being cute babies 🥰. Jewels was trying to steal Spanky’s spot (she made Spanky leave). I’m not pleased with the “bullying”, but watching them play made me a little happy 😸.

View attachment 587933
CHOMP! 😹

I’m happy about the sauteed mushrooms I got today! :D I’m hope Nefshroom will be safe this round! 🤞

That’s it for now 🙂.
Those were some perfectly timed pictures. Your girls are so cute and funny! 💖

i get to be a coach for our district math competition again! this year it actually feels like i’m in charge of it for my site and i’m pretty proud of myself!! i got a flyer done and made some forms and other things for it and i’m super excited to start in a couple weeks 🥹

also this morning my principal got me a nice, new big chair! so much more comfortable and a lot sturdier than my old one!

I survived 4 hours of uni lectures yesterday, did 2 hours of additional study and now Im up at 7:30 in the morning to browse TBT do more studying! I've recently looked into what it would take for me to go straight into a PhD program after my degree and I want to use this year at uni to try and demonstrate that Im capable of such a big challenge. I can do anything if I just try hard enough, even skipping a masters and going straight for a doctorate.

I've been working on a 2D animation for the past two weeks and I finished one scene. I've animated before but I wouldn't call myself a professional at all. These are all relatively simple animations too however I'm really happy with the look since I created everything from scratch minus the background music and font. I even learned how to code a bit, then broke my project twice (as code does) and fixed it on my own. I feel a bit big brained for working that out, lol.

I did not render it yet, so it might just crash and burn buut, it's okay because I'm just happy how everything looks right now. It feels nice to focus on something different and trying new techniques.

🧦👃🏼🎲 Oop! What tha-! You didn't see that. 😳 Aaaanyway... 😅 Yoo-hooooo! 👋🏼🎲 Are we feeling happy today? 😃 We better be: it's National Smile Day! Does anyone else feel that wiggly sensation or is that just me? 👱🏻‍♀️🫂🎲 Oops, I meant on the face! My face is wiggling... it's smiling! 😊 If you aren't smiling, then you're in the wrong thread, pal. 🚪 Why don't we pull up a seat and have some wiggles and smiles ourselves, huh? I think we'll stand for that part. 👱🏻‍♀️🫂🎲 Waaaaay over here, don't worry about it. 🤭 It's National Smile Day! Mind your own happy business and smile! :)

Smile, so the birds may sing and smile, so the birds may bring:
all the little flowers that should crown your head of gold,
the sight of my princess' smile is one that don't get old.

Smile, for the butterflies and smile, so that all the skies:
bathe upon you cherry blossoms and embrace you with the warm,
the little arc that is your smile on my princess' face adorn.

Smile, so my lips can cradle them and shall smother end to end:
all the kisses, should your smile have, the upper lip and the bottom half.
Smile, 'cause my princess knows, that in my heart, my princess glows.
Smile, so my princess shows, that on my face, her smile goes.
Miiiiiiinnnneeeee......... 🤵🏻❤️👱🏻‍♀️

After getting annoyed at work yesterday, I finally got snapped out of my haze and started applying for new jobs today 😅 Applied for 2 that I'm interested in, one that would be amazing to get as it's related to my degree. But it just feels better to be actively trying for something new again.

Kind of happy to not have a closing shift tomorrow, and my mum's car got fixed quickly after she broke down yesterday, which is nice.

I finally got to open some of my packages that have been waiting for a while. I got a load of pins and some merch from fangamer Japan and other auction sites (using a proxy), and a Croc PS1 pin from a UK site. Plus a Kickstarter board game I backed arrived, but I might post about that when I play it tomorrow.

Screenshot_20241004-190317.png
The undertale, Layton, katamari and banjo / timber pins are all new!
Screenshot_20241004-190303.png
Screenshot_20241004-190247.png
I also got an ice pikmin ice mold and a roost thermal cup! Among a few other things.

This is like a super niche interest here but.. an artist I like that does Godzilla fan animations opened up a shop today and I snagged up every bit of Anguirus stickers and keychain they had available. It's kind of rare for my favorite monster to get any kind of merch, official or otherwise, so it's nice that I can finally display something more than just the one figure I have of him. 👏^^

I managed three full days at work this week (two days on, one day off, one day on). That won't sound like a lot, but I'm in recovery from a serious illness and still awaiting hospital treatment so it is a lot for me. Next week I'm doing four consecutive days and it sounds terrifying but I'm sure I'll get through it. Work is being amazingly supportive. I had a meeting with senior management and HR on Wednesday and they are willing to work with me on this. I'm very lucky.

I'm improving in the gym - my PT told me I was up on my reps this week and he's seen improvements in my confidence. I'm not tracking how much I lift or how many reps I do. He does that for me. But it made me realise - damn, I've been dealing with this disability affecting my wrist for years and after a couple of months working with him it is hurting me a lot less. I don't see much difference in my body looking in a mirror but this is a sign of improvement. Working with him once a week has done more for me than my physiotherapy sessions have. 💪

We are bringing home our kittens next weekend! I received some videos tonight showing their progress and they're doing so well. 🐈‍⬛

Back