• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I realize that most of my stress was coming from my old job and anytime I'd become upset, it would have to do with work. I was trapped in the cycle because I didn't want to leave out of fear that my favorite person and I wouldn't be as close. The funny thing is we don't see each other as much as now, but it's allowed me to detach from her. We still talk, but I'm also getting happiness from places other than her it seems. It was a hard decision but I know it was the right one.
I watched an insightful video last week about the struggles of BPD in the workplace, and it described me to a tee. It felt like I was being called out in a million different languages. It was nice to hear the problems explained to me in detail from a licensed professional rather than just experiencing them within myself.
I was having a rough night yesterday, but my favorite person sent me a funny video. She didn't know I was upset last night, but it was nice to hear from her.
I came across this banana flavored chocolate bar while I was out and about at the mall. Banana is my favorite flavor, so I just had to try it. I also found a Jujutsu Kaisen orange-cream flavored soda, which was very intriguing, but I decided to pass on that and get the chocolate bar instead. I can't believe how good this is.
IMG_3329.jpeg

Thursday, November 2, 2023
  • Didn't take Blossom for a walk today as I can hardly move due to my arthritis flare up, but we had fun in the garden playing. Also, discover that she loves playing in the leaves. I'm sure it's the crunchy sound that she likes. :)
  • Got several things from Amazon delivered today: a new bag after a certain Basset Hound unnamed dog decided to eat part of my other one! A heating pad to see if that will help any of my pain, arthritis gloves and a new toy for Blossom a spaceship with 4 aliens with slots to put treats in. She is so funny watching her trying to pull the aliens out! Also, got Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 for Switch. I remember playing it on Playstation 1, if I remember correctly?
  • Finally, I managed to leave a message for my Rhumatology Nurse, and within a few hours she got back to me. Got to wait on another phone call, but if I get the medication I need, it will be well worth it, as there is only one medication that I know will help at least until I get some new pain injections. Fingers crossed!
20231102_080232-min.jpg

- Downtime to play Animal Crossing
- Eating ice cream and popsicles
- Was able to get an appointment rescheduled

The reason I'm eating nothing but ice cream is because I'm currently suffering with Covid, but it is one silver lining! 😅
Oof I feel that. I have that to. Hopefully you feel better soon!

It's been 3 or 4 weeks since my birthday passed. I never really celebrated it this year because stuff was just really hectic and my mind wasn't really there at the time and still isn't. It felt kind of stupid to do anything after so much time had passed, but I just went ahead and did something anyway. I made myself a homemade pumpkin spice cake with creamcheese icing and I grilled a steak and covered it in onions and mushrooms. It was actually pretty good.

I got to watch some more Youtube with my parents! We saw a few more of GeminiTay's Phase 5 Decked Out runs too, which are always super fun.
Also got a lot of stuff done today! There's still a lot more that needs to be done (a few more of which should hopefully be taken care of tomorrow/over the weekend), but I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed/stressed lately so I'm just really glad to get things off of my to-do list. ;v;
I also played some on my newest Stardew Valley farm, and watched some of Markiplier's old Stardew videos!! It's been helping to keep me sane lately and for that I am grateful ;w;
Halloween wishes came true!! So happy to have my beautiful Mermaid eggie 💜💙💚 Purple/blue/green combos remind me of nice things and bring much serotonin

-These past two days, I’ve confirmed that one leftover prescription-strength ibuprofen pill is strong enough to calm my cramps. Goodbye, Midol! I’m never buying that ****ty product again.

-I lazed around this evening without taking a nap.

For the past couple days:

- Yesterday I did my last exam, so now I get a long summer break!! I don’t think I did great, all my exams were crammed right at the start of the exam period so I barely got any time to study, combined with it being a generally difficult exam, but I’m glad it’s over ☺️
- I always struggle to feel excited or anything once the exams end despite wishing for it for months, but I am glad that this hectic semester has come to an end, and maybe now I can work on different projects and games I’ve been wanting to do!
- Been really lovely reading through everyone’s happies from the past 5 days I’m sorry for spamming everyone’s notifications lmao-
- Went out for celebratory Japanese last night for dinner which was nice!
- Happy I managed to complete all my Halloween entries in spite of everything else going on 😊
- Going out to see my partner later which will be nice!

- I worked out today and did some calf exercises.
- Played AC: New Horizons and received some mushroom DIY recipes from popping balloons with a slingshot. I'm mainly looking for the mush lamp since it's a must-have for my Fairycore island.
- Read some books.
- Completed an animal sketch. I'd love to start an art thread soon in The Museum and I plan on doing realistic portrait art of animals and people. Once I've got some more experience drawing, you guys can send me pictures of your pets and I can draw them.
- Watched some anime on Netflix.

I watched an insightful video last week about the struggles of BPD in the workplace, and it described me to a tee. It felt like I was being called out in a million different languages. It was nice to hear the problems explained to me in detail from a licensed professional rather than just experiencing them within myself.
I have BPD as well and starting to work recently (2 months ago) has been a huge adjustment for me, it's definitely not easy to deal with work stress on top of mental health struggles, you're doing a great job :)
Post automatically merged:

• I got paid today, bought a Pokeball Plus + and a case for it, super excited for it to get here tomorrow. I'm hoping using it helps me commit to prioritizing sleep since I have trouble with that (it connects to the Pokemon Sleep app and syncs your sleep data). I also subscribed to the premium version of Pokemon Sleep
  • It's early morning and I'm enjoying some coffee, sitting with a blanket on my shoulders and the heat on since it's cold outside. It feels good
  • Making homemade chilli in the crockpot later today. Never made homemade chilli before, excited to try :D

Today I'm happy because,

- It's Friday and the week is over! Time to have some fun this weekend. The weather has been nice too. ⛅

- Watching the Texas Rangers parade on TV is so surreal... it still hasn't sunk in that they won it all yet. I can't wait for the merch I ordered to get here. ⚾ 🔥

- I received my year-end performance review at work and I had a successful year! I'm really glad, as I've been doing as much as I can to support people there. 📊

- My kitty, Pippi, is currently napping on my bed. She looks so cute. 🐱

- There's new episodes of some of my favorite anime to watch! 📺

- I'm about to practice some self-care and groom myself. 💅

- Really grateful for everyone in my life, and everyone on TBT as well! 💚

- On Monday, we have student teachers coming in, and I found out that our student teacher for humanities is non-binary! A lot of people in my school, especially in my class are either queerphobic or poorly educated about the LGBTQ community, so this year is going to be... interesting. But I'm just happy that my boyfriend and I, as well as any other people who are members of the Alphabet Mafia, will have someone to talk to who is one of us.

- Today we filmed the dance video for our Remembrance Day assembly. It went awesome, I can't wait to see the final product!

- I have chocolate in my possession.

Last edited:
My mom and I got our covid boosters and flu shots today!! My arm is sore and I've been feeling super fatigued all day which I'm not really enjoying lol, but I feel much better having gotten it done. ;v; I hate being sick so any preventative measures I can take are a huge relief.
I didn't feel up to doing much, but I did get to play a lot of Stardew Valley while watching GeminiTay play Stardew on her second channel!
Our tuxedo kitty also snuggled with me on the couch a ton. 🖤

I was cuddling with my favorite person and she was keeping me warm, lol. She told me not to burn myself working so hard and to be careful outside because it was raining. I'm not sure what was sweeter; her concern for me or her trying to keep me warm outside at night. 🥲
I'm going to come out at work to more than just my one friend. My friend assured me that everyone at work is accepting, especially the manager so I'm looking forward to it. This couldn't be worse timing, though, since the GM is on vacation and won't be back until Monday. Wish me luck in this endeavor.
I was paid last night so I treated myself to a late meal at Taco Bell. It was delicious!

ʚ I got to see my bf today! ;w; Really happy because my separation anxiety has been real bad knowing he's going on vacation soon and I won't see him for a while..

ʚ I treated myself to Dunkin this afternoon before I went into work! I got paid earlier this week so I was happy to have Dunkin again, lol. Their Christmas stuff launched, I guess! I got a toasted white chocolate iced latte, and honestly.. It was sooo good..

ʚ Got to chat with my bestie @nyx~ for a while today :3 I love her lots! We may watch more anime sometime soon and I'm really looking forward to it :3

ʚ Catching up with an old friend from Canada. I missed talking to him but I feel bad 'cause I can be SUPER bad with replying... sigh. However, we're planning on talking more! Which makes me happy.

ʚ I got to have McDonalds for dinner and saw my mom for a while. I love my mom so much, she's so insightful and kind to me.. ;w;

ʚ I got to go home an hour early from work today. Was really thrilled because my hips were starting to hurt AND my feet, lol.

I missed posting yesterday, so here are the things that have made me happy over the past two days:

- Still happy that I've been off work all week. It's been a really nice week.
- I've seen several cute dogs, cats, and squirrels on our afternoon walks.
- My brother finally went for his first visit with a cardiologist after putting it off for nearly a month. They even set him up with a new psychiatrist that should take his insurance so my mom can stop paying for all of his appointments.
- I had a good visit with my chiropractor.
- I took two large bags of clothing that we never wear to Goodwill.
- I bought a cute keychain of GIR from Invader Zim to put on my purse. The tab to grab the zipper came off, but this works nicely as a replacement.
- The final episode of the final chapters of the final season of Attack on Titan airs tomorrow! But will this really be the end? Please, yes. Love this anime but I'm tired of being left hanging.
- I'm going out to a belated birthday dinner with my mom and aunt tomorrow.

The reason I'm eating nothing but ice cream is because I'm currently suffering with Covid, but it is one silver lining! 😅
I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

- Started the Pokémon DLC today! I didn’t get very far, I’ve had fun 😊
- Played a game of Mario party superstars with family!
- Had some nice chicken salad for dinner, and bought snacks for hanging out with a friend on Monday
- Went for a longer walk today. It was nice to get out of the house and move, as I’ve pretty much been stuck inside studying for the past month.

- Essentially had the week off this week, for the first time since 2020. I seriously needed it. I've been using my free time to do more art and I managed to get quite a lot done.

- Found out that my favourite book is gonna get another adaptation!!!! This was a very pleasant surprise since it came out years ago and it already has loads of adaptations, so I honestly wasn't expecting anything else. I feel very spoilt.

- It's a quiet, rainy day today, and I have the house to myself for a few hours. I'm just having a lazy day and listening to music.

Back