What Do You Look Like?

IMG_2566.jpeg

I've not shared a photo of myself on TBT for almost a year because all my best photos are of me doing political stuff and I wanted to dodge any hidden bigots, but today I break my silence ! So allow me to drop this photo and run away without any explanation !!!!!!!!

IMG_1166 (1).jpeg

I might not keep this one up, but this is my grandmother and I. Side by side taking a selfie at a restaurant.

It was taken 3 months before she passed away. (In other words, she only had a short 90 days left to live). She was my last living grandparent.

I would eventually like to have this photo framed. She knew she didn't have long, but there were moments like this spending time with her grandchildren in which she was at total peace.

FB_IMG_1725200853609.jpg

Is it normal for people to post pictures of themselves and then delete them shortly after? When I share a picture of myself, I assume it is now out there. I don't understand deleting the post a couple of days later.

But then again, I am not the brightest bulb...
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and just so I don't get deleted for my question or moved to another section, here is me a while back.

1000007645.jpg

Yes, I look ridiculous. But I won't delete it. You all can make fun of me forever if you want 😁

Last edited:
Is it normal for people to post pictures of themselves and then delete them shortly after? When I share a picture of myself, I assume it is now out there. I don't understand deleting the post a couple of days later.
It's for privacy reasons. But I understand your point; once it's in the internet, it's in there forever...and people have the right to save that photo to their devices and spread it around. Not like it happens all the time... it's just possible!

Yeah, it's for privacy reasons.... and also because people who didn't view it in the allotted time won't be able to view it anytime after it was deleted. Some people just aren't comfortable leaving their photos viewable online forever.

There was a user who joined not too long ago and said it was because of a lack of self-confidence. Personally I find that laughable though. I don't need the validation of strangers online to know whether I look good or not, especially since I've already had plenty of people compliment me in real life.

But hey, if you do want to leave it up for good, you do you.

There was a user who joined not too long ago and said it was because of a lack of self-confidence. Personally I find that laughable though. I don't need the validation of strangers online to know whether I look good or not, especially since I've already had plenty of people compliment me in real life.

But hey, if you do want to leave it up for good, you do you.
I get the privacy reasons, but the internet is everything but private. But stilll...

I agree with you about validation. Obviously I don't care after my last photo. I look ridiculous with the stupid face I was making. If people think that is how I always look, then I actually have to laugh 😃

Maybe someday aliens will take over Earth, and find my goofball photo and use it to explain human existence. 😆

""See? Earth monkeys turned into this..."

The last photo I posted wasn't so happy. So I wanted to leave a nicer one.

My mother took this photo. Whenever I'd get tired and crash after class (long commute home) our dog would curl up next to me.

Dogs can be so sweet. Adopting a rescue brought us a lot of joy into our lives.

Screenshot_20240913-101428.png

Back