• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What method do you use to make villagers move?

Tiffany

🌜 from Lunasoleil 🌞
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
3772-7854-6594
Blue Christmas Stocking
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
I've been wanting Merry to move for ages and I've been actively trying to get her to for days with no luck. She's not my newest villager. I don't have amiibo cards and i really want to island hop. I have tried everything I can think of and all other villagers(besides the last move in) have had move out bubbles multiple times but her). I am best friends with multiple villagers and they got move out bubbles. The only time she gets a bubble is to ask to buy something from me/change catchphrase/catch her a fish. This is what I have tried:

tting one day at a time and checking for the bubble
tting 15 days ahead and checking who has the bubble,going back to current day and repeating the process
not talking to her
talking to her til she refuses to talk anymore
I even tried old stuff like fencing her yard and putting trash/weeds near it and smacking her with the net/pushing her9I'm desperate yall)

Is there anything yall do that I haven't tried? I've pretty much given up all hope. Thanks

For me I would say using Villager Amiibo cards. Yeah I know they are hard to get these days but trust me it really helps me save the pain and process of removing a unwanted villager who refuses to move. Basically how it works is that you invite them to your campsite using their amiibo, they ask you to craft a souvenir for them and you have to do 3 times in 3 days. On the 3rd and final day you can ask them to move in and instead of the game picking for you like when you have a random visit, you are in charge of who you want to pick to move out. You pick the villager and they will move out and the villager who you invited via amiibo will move in.

This is what I've tried:

1. Resetting to the previous Sunday, 4:59am, then turning on the game immediately.
  2. Save, and then tting 30 days, not 15 (30 for maximum chance of a villager moving out).
  3. If villager moving out isn't who I wanted, tting another 30 days. (I've tried the 1 day at a time method, and the bubble moving is always random; more often than not, it doesn't even appear at all. That's why I recommend 30 instead.)
The thing is, things are a lot easier if you just get your hands on two Amiibo card. Just two. Because you could easily use those two Amiibo cards to rotate villagers in and out. If you don't have Amiibos, yeah, definitely much harder as you'll have to try the above method and hope for the best.

If you want a guaranteed (but far more long-winded) method that's sure to generate a bubble in case the previous method above doesn't work, then you could try repeating from Step 1 if Merry doesn't move out by Step 3. Resetting to a previous Sunday again, save, jump 30 days. Bubble will always appear if you do that... but it's a pain going through so many steps.

This is what I've tried:

1. Resetting to the previous Sunday, 4:59am, then turning on the game immediately.
  2. Save, and then tting 30 days, not 15 (30 for maximum chance of a villager moving out).
  3. If villager moving out isn't who I wanted, tting another 30 days. (I've tried the 1 day at a time method, and the bubble moving is always random; more often than not, it doesn't even appear at all. That's why I recommend 30 instead.)
The thing is, things are a lot easier if you just get your hands on two Amiibo card. Just two. Because you could easily use those two Amiibo cards to rotate villagers in and out. If you don't have Amiibos, yeah, definitely much harder as you'll have to try the above method and hope for the best.

If you want a guaranteed (but far more long-winded) method that's sure to generate a bubble in case the previous method above doesn't work, then you could try repeating from Step 1 if Merry doesn't move out by Step 3. Resetting to a previous Sunday again, save, jump 30 days. Bubble will always appear if you do that... but it's a pain going through so many steps.
Yeah pretty much its just all RNG weather the thought bubble would land on Merry or not. I remember trying to do that with Dobie way back on the old island and after like 20 tries I finally got him to move out. This was back in 2020 before I even bought amiibo cards.

which one of your villagers was the last one to ask to move out? because if it was her, and you said no to her, she won’t be able to ask again until you say no to someone else.

it really does come down to RNG unfortunately, but here’s the method that i use that always works for me eventually;

this method definitely takes me longer than 8 minutes lol, but i’ve had nothing but success with it, and usually can get my desired villager out within 2-4 hours of doing this. good luck! 🖤

This is sort of the official one

yuettmethod.png

I forgot i do have the sanrio amiibo cards. I have 2 of them in my town. I want other villagers that I don't have cards for and honestly those things are crazy expensive. I have never told her not to move because she has never asked to move(if she had I would've let her). I dont remember who asked last cause of all the tting i've been doing but i never tell them not to move i just quit w/out saving. i will try everything yall have suggested thanks

Last edited:
For me I would say using Villager Amiibo cards. Yeah I know they are hard to get these days but trust me it really helps me save the pain and process of removing a unwanted villager who refuses to move. Basically how it works is that you invite them to your campsite using their amiibo, they ask you to craft a souvenir for them and you have to do 3 times in 3 days. On the 3rd and final day you can ask them to move in and instead of the game picking for you like when you have a random visit, you are in charge of who you want to pick to move out. You pick the villager and they will move out and the villager who you invited via amiibo will move in.
i do have the sanrio cards i forgot about them. i have 2 of them in my town. if it were just a matter of wanting her gone i'd use one of them and i have thought about it. but i also want to island hop for other villagers i want as well. thanks
Post automatically merged:

This is what I've tried:

its not just wanting her out but wanting to island hop for new villagers. i forgot i have the sanrio cards and 2 of them on my island already. i can get villagers to get the bubble just not her. thanks
Post automatically merged:

which one of your villagers was the last one to ask to move out? because if it was her, and you said no to her, she won’t be able to ask again until you say no to someone else.

it really does come down to RNG unfortunately, but here’s the method that i use that always works for me eventually;

this method definitely takes me longer than 8 minutes lol, but i’ve had nothing but success with it, and usually can get my desired villager out within 2-4 hours of doing this. good luck! 🖤
i watched the video. this is similiar to the 15 day thing i was doing but i will try it this way. thanks

Back