• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What new personalities would you like in the new game?

I want to see villagers have more emotional changes.
I don't think certain personalities fit in AC though because of it being for all ages.

Yeah. If moods lasted a little longer it would make it feel more personal. You would be more careful about what you do to neighbors.
but as for personalities, pretty much any personality can fit into an E rated game if you don't exaggerate things.

Look at Redd. He's been in every AC game. Forges paintings and sells them. He's a con artist, charges you to get into his "club" and then tries his best to get you to buy items at ridiculous prices. But when you look at it like that it sounds bad.
The fact it's acceptable is the way they made Redd, making it obvious that he's out to rip you off.

So long as it's not outrageously offensive, pretty much any personality would fit into the game. I'd honestly like to see a few more darker personalities in the game.

Yeah. If moods lasted a little longer it would make it feel more personal. You would be more careful about what you do to neighbors.

I'd just push nieghbours i hates from one side of town to the other, made them angry like 50 times, then shoves then in this "hidey-hole" i had - dig holes around them and leave them in there for a while, come back, bury a pitfall for them to walk over, they get angry for 2 minutes and they've been through ****..

XD
I never went to those extremities, but if I had a neighbor I didn't like I would just go to the town hall and complain about them. Instantly triggers them to move.

XD
I never went to those extremities, but if I had a neighbor I didn't like I would just go to the town hall and complain about them. Instantly triggers them to move.

i never actually got someone to move through complaints... idk why haha

but i would like more personalities, variations and the like - and as i said, have their moods last for longer.

i never actually got someone to move through complaints... idk why haha

but i would like more personalities, variations and the like - and as i said, have their moods last for longer.

It's allway the ones that move is the ones you treet the best and talk with the most... At lest its been like that for me. Meny o times I have begged my fav to not leave.

I agree with the idea that was previously proposed of already present personalities being expanded upon (holy crap... alliteration much). I like the idea of shy and mischievous personalities. The slutty one definitely won't happen in an E-rated game. However, there could be a toned-down version. Maybe characters that have a new crush every week or something. Darker personalties would be nice. Everyone being cheery all the time gets old. No one is cheery all the time. Heck, I know I almost never smile but my avatar has a permanent smile. Anyway, other personality ideas I have are nerdy/scholarly, aggressive, gentle, and others I can't think of because it's almost 2:00am.

Something I really want to see is more complex personalities. Everyone only has one characteristic, but can't there be more than one per villager? Even two per villager would make things much more interesting. Obviously we couldn't have conflicting traits (such as lazy and jock), but an example would be snooty and lazy. And I just came up with the most unlikable combination possible :rolleyes:

I'm just going off of The Sims 3 where you assigned multiple different traits to different people... I liked that feature. Not trying to say that Animal Crossing 3DS should be like The Sims 3 though :p

Good idea, but i don't think that would work very well. I think they just need to have a few more, atleast 5 - atleast. I think the shy and mischievous are good ones

I'll spitball some of my ideas :

Ungrateful- Perhaps complaining about your decisions as mayor, classic bratty kid behavior

Vindictive- Well sort of, maybe taking a small comment of someone and get Hung up on it and be mean/bad mouth said person

Atention seeker - self explaintory

Power Hungry- Someone desperate to get your position as mayor

Gossipy- Touched on in AC but maybe could be developed so you can perhaps ask them if they have gossip on specific villager

Kiss up- Want you to give them a special job, benefit or item so they suck up to you

Simpleton- Stupid but in the cute adorable way where they arh.e nice and sweet

Intelligent- self explaintory

Village Elder- A wise older character who is an advice giver and treats everyone like children (Perhaps a role for Tortimer)

That's it for now :)

^ Those are really good ideas, I'd like to see some of them in the game, but i doubt it

I want a character that is trying to be mayor and plots against you and is always telling the other NPC's how bad you're at being mayor.

Here are some ideas for very specific personalities:

1. As someone said, any personality can be done if the developers can tone it down a bit. So instead of flirty, maybe a villager that is the opposite gender as you can seem to have a crush on you, get embarrassed easily when you say certain things (like thanks) and always complimenting you. If in the new game they continue with the best friend photos, maybe it can be a bit easier to get their photo. More often than others they ask you to come over and give you presents. (One time I went up to someone and they gave me a present, then I went inside a building, went back outside and they gave me a present again about 4 more times!). Anyway, this person always seem to 'admire you as a hero or a mentor'. They may seem like a suck up or shy to some people. Most likely to be the one who sends the chocolate on valentines day.

2. The 'so called creative' snoot/show off. This villager treats others as immature kids, but not in a wise advice giving way.They always brag about the latest 'masterpiece' they created or their latest fashion piece. They seem stuck up and snooty and always assuming that they are better than everyone else. They are the most gossipy type of villager, who may seem girly as they are very vain. They think they are the best, the prettiest and assume everyone likes her or has a crush on her. It is very rare for them to praise you on your designs you created and if they do, they do it in a way that is sort of offensive or suttle (I saw your fashion design the other day. It was quite good, but how about you let the professionals do it, ok?)

3. The manly, dumb jock. Always found to be outside, walking faster than most villagers (have you ever noticed that some villagers walk quite fast-like a speed walk?) where they always talk about their muscles. They may come out to seem dumb, but you can tell he only cares about sport and his manly ways. He always seems to forget things (don't you hate it how some villagers say: Hey I got something important to say to you... Wait, I forgot...) and seems to take things too literally. Always giving you advice about your health and very conscious about their body and putting on weight. Always thinking and talking about food too, but tells himself to 'think strong, you are a new man now'.

I got more ideas, but I will type them later. Anyway, I would just like to say, I wish in the game you have an option to actually talk/start a conversation in different ways or ask for them to come over to your place, not wait for eternity to ask you.

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

Here are some ideas for very specific personalities:

1. As someone said, any personality can be done if the developers can tone it down a bit. So instead of flirty, maybe a villager that is the opposite gender as you can seem to have a crush on you, get embarrassed easily when you say certain things (like thanks) and always complimenting you. If in the new game they continue with the best friend photos, maybe it can be a bit easier to get their photo. More often than others they ask you to come over and give you presents. (One time I went up to someone and they gave me a present, then I went inside a building, went back outside and they gave me a present again about 4 more times!). Anyway, this person always seem to 'admire you as a hero or a mentor'. They may seem like a suck up or shy to some people. Most likely to be the one who sends the chocolate on valentines day.

2. The 'so called creative' snoot/show off. This villager treats others as immature kids, but not in a wise advice giving way.They always brag about the latest 'masterpiece' they created or their latest fashion piece. They seem stuck up and snooty and always assuming that they are better than everyone else. They are the most gossipy type of villager, who may seem girly as they are very vain. They think they are the best, the prettiest and assume everyone likes her or has a crush on her. It is very rare for them to praise you on your designs you created and if they do, they do it in a way that is sort of offensive or suttle (I saw your fashion design the other day. It was quite good, but how about you let the professionals do it, ok?)

3. The manly, dumb jock. Always found to be outside, walking faster than most villagers (have you ever noticed that some villagers walk quite fast-like a speed walk?) where they always talk about their muscles. They may come out to seem dumb, but you can tell he only cares about sport and his manly ways. He always seems to forget things (don't you hate it how some villagers say: Hey I got something important to say to you... Wait, I forgot...) and seems to take things too literally. Always giving you advice about your health and very conscious about their body and putting on weight. Always thinking and talking about food too, but tells himself to 'think strong, you are a new man now'.

I got more ideas, but I will type them later. Anyway, I would just like to say, I wish in the game you have an option to actually talk/start a conversation in different ways or ask for them to come over to your place, not wait for eternity to ask you.

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

I really like these ideas.
I like the dumb one the best. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen

Back