• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What new personalities would you like in the new game?

Here are some ideas for very specific personalities:

1. As someone said, any personality can be done if the developers can tone it down a bit. So instead of flirty, maybe a villager that is the opposite gender as you can seem to have a crush on you, get embarrassed easily when you say certain things (like thanks) and always complimenting you. If in the new game they continue with the best friend photos, maybe it can be a bit easier to get their photo. More often than others they ask you to come over and give you presents. (One time I went up to someone and they gave me a present, then I went inside a building, went back outside and they gave me a present again about 4 more times!). Anyway, this person always seem to 'admire you as a hero or a mentor'. They may seem like a suck up or shy to some people. Most likely to be the one who sends the chocolate on valentines day.

2. The 'so called creative' snoot/show off. This villager treats others as immature kids, but not in a wise advice giving way.They always brag about the latest 'masterpiece' they created or their latest fashion piece. They seem stuck up and snooty and always assuming that they are better than everyone else. They are the most gossipy type of villager, who may seem girly as they are very vain. They think they are the best, the prettiest and assume everyone likes her or has a crush on her. It is very rare for them to praise you on your designs you created and if they do, they do it in a way that is sort of offensive or suttle (I saw your fashion design the other day. It was quite good, but how about you let the professionals do it, ok?)

3. The manly, dumb jock. Always found to be outside, walking faster than most villagers (have you ever noticed that some villagers walk quite fast-like a speed walk?) where they always talk about their muscles. They may come out to seem dumb, but you can tell he only cares about sport and his manly ways. He always seems to forget things (don't you hate it how some villagers say: Hey I got something important to say to you... Wait, I forgot...) and seems to take things too literally. Always giving you advice about your health and very conscious about their body and putting on weight. Always thinking and talking about food too, but tells himself to 'think strong, you are a new man now'.

I got more ideas, but I will type them later. Anyway, I would just like to say, I wish in the game you have an option to actually talk/start a conversation in different ways or ask for them to come over to your place, not wait for eternity to ask you.

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

I like the 2nd snooty one the most especially the patterns/design bit , it ties in nicely to the game :)

3. The manly, dumb jock. Always found to be outside, walking faster than most villagers (have you ever noticed that some villagers walk quite fast-like a speed walk?) where they always talk about their muscles. They may come out to seem dumb, but you can tell he only cares about sport and his manly ways. He always seems to forget things (don't you hate it how some villagers say: Hey I got something important to say to you... Wait, I forgot...) and seems to take things too literally. Always giving you advice about your health and very conscious about their body and putting on weight. Always thinking and talking about food too, but tells himself to 'think strong, you are a new man now'.

I love this. :) I really like jock villagers, and this just goes deeper into their personality.

2. The 'so called creative' snoot/show off. This villager treats others as immature kids, but not in a wise advice giving way.They always brag about the latest 'masterpiece' they created or their latest fashion piece. They seem stuck up and snooty and always assuming that they are better than everyone else. They are the most gossipy type of villager, who may seem girly as they are very vain. They think they are the best, the prettiest and assume everyone likes her or has a crush on her. It is very rare for them to praise you on your designs you created and if they do, they do it in a way that is sort of offensive or suttle (I saw your fashion design the other day. It was quite good, but how about you let the professionals do it, ok?)
I love this fashionista/conceited idea! I can just see this personality paired with like a chihuahua villager or something.

is it just me, or was is confirmed in the new trailer we'd have new personalities?

Conceited is good, but sometimes the current personaalites act conceited and like a fashionista.
Yeah, I guess it's just a case of expanding the current personalities with a wide array of dialogue.

Well, I thought of it as, if there's richer personality, there's sure to be more.

I think they just expanded off of the ones they have, because when it comes down to it, I don't want dozens of personalities, I would prefer an animal to be Peppy, and still be sorta laid back, and gets grumpy at times.

I think they just expanded off of the ones they have, because when it comes down to it, I don't want dozens of personalities, I would prefer an animal to be Peppy, and still be sorta laid back, and gets grumpy at times.

yeah. like I would like new ones, but not too much

I think so too. In the latest trailer, I think they mentioned the animals will have richer personalities.
alright thanks

Yeah they did, that doesn't necassarily mean more though.
not necessarily, but somewhere (i think it was round table 2011) they confirmed we'd be having much more detailed conversations with them, so i guess this just ads to that

Well, I thought of it as, if there's richer personality, there's sure to be more.
same

I would like to see some deeper and darker emotions since everyone is practically cheerful 24/7

Same here :D It wouldn't go that dark, cuz, well it's Animal Crossing, but I'd like to see animals like that.
Yea. I want some personalities that would be a little edgy for animal crossing. I just don't want a lot of bubbly animals all in my face. Lol

I like that people are still wanting darker characters. Like I'd posted already, dark could even mean mischievous. Always playing pranks and having that prankster attitude. Or it could be gloomy. I just want more than what there currently is.
Heck, even nerdy would be a great personality.

I like that people are still wanting darker characters. Like I'd posted already, dark could even mean mischievous. Always playing pranks and having that prankster attitude. Or it could be gloomy. I just want more than what there currently is.
Heck, even nerdy would be a great personality.

Yeah :) great idea

As long as the characters aren't constantly telling me about how much cake they ate or how I need to workout, or asking aboutmy house, I am fine. I would rather have more conversations than more personalities.

Back