• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

Ooblets released on Steam today, which I was really looking forward to, but it's just another example of a game that doesn't have acceptable accessibility features top of mind. I'm having the hardest time reading the menus and dialogue, rendering it unplayable for me. There is an increase UI setting, but the improvement after selecting it is slim and doesn't even account for all menus.

I find a lot of cute, cozy games have text that is difficult to read for those with vision impairments. It's a shame because it makes little sense (IMO) not to have more accessible games, especially in a genre like this one.

Last edited:
I turn 30 in less then a month and the friend group I've had for the last decade is changing and my family changed a bunch this year. Everyone is aging and moving forward and im scared lmao. *the song landslide slowly starts to play in the background*

Also my friend turned into a full blown terf and yet i still miss her

work drama, bleh. i'm also starting to get panicky about my work situation. i turn 26 next year & get booted out of my parents' health insurance coverage, so i really need a full-time opportunity w/ benefits to come my way soon...! :( i've been looking for months and haven't really seen anything. every time i think about it, i get really nervous.

I don’t want to go into the details, but I got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night and what’s happening right now is one of my worst nightmares come true. I’m supposed to be happy because it’s the last day before I’m off school for a week, but I can’t think about anything but the situation.

I want to make amends with people I’m not on good terms with but I feel like it’s useless. I should just let it be and build new friendships with people. I have to learn that not everyone is going to like me and that’s okay. But knowing that I deserved the hate at that given time makes it hurt more, because I know I was in the wrong. I feel like I’m a better person now but I’m still carrying the weight of what I used to be because I don’t feel like I’m fully forgiven.

I want to make amends with people I’m not on good terms with but I feel like it’s useless. I should just let it be and build new friendships with people. I have to learn that not everyone is going to like me and that’s okay. But knowing that I deserved the hate at that given time makes it hurt more, because I know I was in the wrong. I feel like I’m a better person now but I’m still carrying the weight of what I used to be because I don’t feel like I’m fully forgiven.
This is so relatable to me too. I want to make amends to people I wasn't on good terms with, but I know they wouldn't forgive me.

I used to feel this way too, but I've realized in years since that the problem isn't me, but those people in the first place. If people aren't willing to make amends with you, it's like talking to a brick wall. It's just not going to work. And honestly most of all the people I've moved on from seemed to dislike me more than I disliked them, so **** that. I don't need people like that in my life. Good riddance. The good thing is there's lots of people in the world and lots of chances for new encounters and friendships, so I don't let it get to me as much anymore. But I can understand how it hurts. 💚

Things have been so overwhelming the past few days... Nothing really happened to me specifically but I'm worried about my friends. There's always something wrong these days (even for me but this isn't about me) and things are just seemingly worse at the moment. I can think of at least 3 things going on at once that have nothing to do with me but I feel bad anyway.

i am straight DEAD tired and i have multiple days of driving coming up

My work schedule this week is all kinds of bad. For over two years now I've only had closing shifts, starting no earlier than 3pm and ending no later than 2am unless I specifically requested something earlier. I also always had both of my days off back to back. Unfortunately, the person who wrote the weekly schedules has moved to a different store, and the store manager that writes the schedules now is still relatively new to our store. As such, I've found myself having scheduled days starting 5 to 6 hours earlier than normal, and even one that starts 8 hours earlier than normal. Every single one of them starts before the time I'd normally be waking up, well outside of my body's natural rhythm. The starting times jump all over the place too which makes it difficult to get used to, and my days off are split which makes it difficult to fully recharge and recover. I'm going to have a conversation with them at some point in the next couple days to try and get my old times back, hopefully it works out.

Just realized that I’ve babysat 58 hrs this week. 60 if my oldest sibling comes back in two hours. I hope that they pay me for tonight, if not then I’ll have to talk to them.

Edit: I told my sister, and she says that she'll pay me on Wednesday. Knowing her I feel that this too will be a lie. While it hurts to think about not having a close bond with my nephew anymore, I will have to get used to the possibility of telling my sister that I can't baby sit anymore. I'm so tired.

Last edited:
feeling pretty emotional, since I just got home from my trip yesterday. I feel overwhelmingly happy and grateful, and I'm also so sad and I'll just randomly break out into sobbing fits in the middle of whatever I'm doing. there's so much that has happened in the last week and a half, I haven't even had time to write much at all in my journal, and I have so much to talk about but not enough time or energy. I feel really tired, I drove 1400 miles in the week and a half I was gone. and I was hoping I could go back to sleep after waking up this morning, but no. I'm thinking a lot about the future and it honestly kinda worries me, so much could change and I'm very excited about the potential it has, but it just scares me so much. I want to be patient because I know the future has a lot of wonderful things in store for me, but I'm also constantly in that "you never know what day will be your last day on this earth" mindset, and I hate it because it makes me feel really impatient and stressed. I'm also just very grateful and I feel blessed with the friends I have, and I don't want to lose them or see something bad happen to them. I know I'm my own person and I can definitely stand on my own, but making that 7-9 hour drive twice has made me realize how much being alone sucks. I feel lonely right now. Maybe I can go talk to my mom for a little while. definitely would love to be able to ramble to someone for a few hours just to get all these incessant thoughts and worries out of my head.

also the insurance company has my anxiety med all messed up, so I've been out of it for the last four days. that's definitely not helping my situation. idek if I could call them today since it's Sunday, may have to wait til tomorrow. 😞

I feel so removed from people.
I feel like I just think very differently from others to the point where people get upset.
I know that feeling isn't abnormal. People squabble about anything and everything, but honestly I guess I'm just kinda tired of that feeling being a thing.
Like I feel like I can't talk about something simple without someone getting all huffy about it. And it just reaches so far.. really far.

Religion is a great example of this. Two people can have a simple disagreement and the whole thing years later can lead to two groups of people at war with each other over that one disagreement. And if another individual comes along and presents something completely different that still fits or meets in the middle of the two groups, those two groups will turn on them.

It's something that appears in politics, race (mixed people), sibling squabbles, social gatherings.. and I'm just tired of it.

I am one who enjoys hearing others views even if I don't agree with them but sadly it's hard finding another person like that. Everything always has to be a big deal.

Back