• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate doordash but I do support people's side hustling lifestyle.
Doordash is ridiculously expensive and one order for somebody is usually above $25 and then you have the service fee, the delivery fee, and your tip making it closer to $40 or even more. What is ridiculous about this is that two of my managers at work literally Doordash every single day. Every day they work it is a big order and sometimes for two people at once. They practically spend about $400 a month on just food. But I can't judge them, it is their money and they know what to do with it.....but don't complain to me you don't have any money when that week you doordashed and got starbucks before work like 5 times.

I don’t know if this is the best thread to post this in or if this is common but I get really scared when I hear fly buzzing or them landing on a surface. Not the fly itself, specifically the sounds they make. Like if there’s a fly and the AC is on, I’ll be fine, but as soon as it turns off I just try to make as much noise as possible so I don’t hear it. It’s really bizarre.

Red and pink are classic nail polish colors, but I prefer blues, greens, purples, oranges, and some shades of brown. I never got into black or white nails, though. I also like a dark vampy reddish-purple for the autumn.

Going to go ahead and say that all farming and life simulation games are boring for me now, including Animal Crossing. I much prefer other genres of games these days.

Please no pitchforks or mobs!

Okay so please don't jump me, but I think the last two new Zelda games (Breath of the Wild, Tears of Kingdom) are no longer Zelda games. I am a huge TLoZ fan, I tried the games but I don't have a single feeling of "Yes, that's a The Legend of Zelda game right there!!"

BRING BACK THE ACTUAL ZELDA SERIES, THANKS

Most people would expect be to like rap music because I’m black, but I actually think it’s kind of annoying and overrated, and if I listen to it in school I just feel really cringe. Then again I kind of always feel like that in school but still. There are a select few that I like but only usually because I heard them somewhere and I usually don’t actually listen to them. On the topic of music I don’t really listen to music in general or have a favorite artist. The only music I kind of listen to is video game music. And not even epic ones like Assassin’s Creed soundtracks, mostly just Nintendo soundtracks. I also don’t like basketball. Soccer is way better.

Last edited:
Never understood the appeal of games like Escape from Tarkov with a “wipe”— resetting the whole game and making you start over. If anything, that would make me not want to play the game lol.

Most people would expect be to like rap music because I’m black, but I actually think it’s kind of annoying and overrated, and if I listen to it in school I just feel really cringe. Then again I kind of always feel like that in school but still. There are a select few that I like but only usually because I heard them somewhere and I usually don’t actually listen to them. On the topic of music I don’t really listen to music in general or have a favorite artist. The only music I kind of listen to is video game music. And not even epic ones like Assassin’s Creed soundtracks, mostly just Nintendo soundtracks. I also don’t like basketball. Soccer is way better.
I never understood the appeal of rap music either. I mean some of the early stuff from the 80s and early 90s are okay and tolerable and hip hop isn’t too bad if the song isn’t just rapping and no singing. Eminem is okay mostly because he has some talent and the background music to his tracks are auditory pleasing with actual instruments and not just electronic screeching. I like TLC because Left Eye would often do a short rap in their songs but the songs themselves are excellent pieces of music and deserve the praise that they got. Janet Jackson songs with rap in them I’ll listen to because I like Janet and admire how she made herself a superstar using her own talents and not relying on her brothers to make a big impact in the industry. Neneh Cherry’s Buffalo Stance is a really funky song that is good. Run DMC is okay but I mostly like their collaboration with Aerosmith on their cover of Walk This Way. Will Smith I’m neutral on to be honest. A weird thing I found was this old LP of “rap” music and literally the first track on it was Rumors by Timex Social Club which isn’t even a rap song to begin with. It’s a post disco/ early freestyle song. Every other rapper or rap group can have their albums rot in a landfill for all I care.

Black Swan is a terrible movie and doesn’t even deserve the praise that it gets. The only reason it’s popular is because of that stupid make out scene which just further cements my theory that people will never complain if two women make out on camera or anything similar on camera and don’t do anything to speak out against it or even protest the movie gets banned and even applaud it but if you show two men kissing for literally two seconds and holding hands on screen, it’s immediately targeted as being “too in your face” about being gay and forcing you to “accept it” and should be something kids should be protected from and all sorts of homophobia soon follows and people demanding said movie get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back