• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocolate chip cookie hot take: they're better with only a few chocolate chips instead of a lot of them. 🍪
I actually am not crazy about chocolate chips. They're more bitter than sweet. I'd rather have chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.

Super Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario game and the best 3D Platformer. And the FLUDD-less stages are part of the reason why.

Not sure if this is completely unpopular but I do know that it is an opinion that not many people seem to have. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Pepe Lepew or his character if you know what is actually going on in his cartoons with Penelope the Cat (and the female dog in the one cartoon). Pepe is affectionate but that isn’t why the females in his cartoons run from him nor is it because they don’t like him. They are perfectly fine with the hugs and kisses and sometimes enjoy it until the skunk odor hits them. That’s when they run. Take away the odor and Penelope actually wants to be with Pepe and she won’t try to resist his advances. The female dog also didn’t really mind Pepe kissing her and was more disturbed that she was being pursued by a skunk. Pepe isn’t some predator. He’s just a misunderstood character and people are only looking at his actions in his cartoons and not the entire picture which clearly shows that Penelope has no issues with Pepe other than his odor. In fact a lot of the cartoons she actually is trying to escape from the odor or finding a way to neutralize it enough that she can handle being next to him. She doesn’t even try to hurt Pepe physically for his affection.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion about Disney, but here it is.

Disney needs to give more attention to their Disney Channel shows in marketing and stop with the obnoxious promotion of Marvel and Star Wars. I’ll be fine if they turn Galaxy’s Edge in Disney Parks into the Boiling Ghost Swamp (a crossover land based on The Owl House, The Ghost and Molly McGee, and Amphibia, respectively). Heck, they didn’t even have attractions based on Bluey, Kim Possible, or Gravity Falls in their parks (three of their biggest hits). The only one they had was a Phineas and Ferb ride, which no longer exists.

They shortened Owl House’s last season to six episodes because “it didn’t fit the Disney brand”. Excuse me, I would’ve said the same thing towards half the Disney+ content (especially Star Wars and Marvel). That, and Disney ruined Star Wars. They turned it from a soap opera about the tragedy of Darth Vader into a cash cow about space battles.

Actually, all media in the past has their place. ROTS should’ve been the last Star Wars movie. Deathly Hallows should’ve been the last Harry Potter book. Frozen and Wreck-It-Ralph worked fine without sequels (Lion King and Aladdin worked fine both with or without them). Where’s the original content? You could’ve made a Nintendo Switch-exclusive Owl House game over a failed Star Wars hotel (and yes, I did say Owl House over Molly because Molly isn’t that popular enough despite needing more attention).

^ I still hate Christmas music except for Michael Buble. I’m definitely not a fan/follower of him, but I don’t hate his sound nearly as much as other people seem to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back