• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zucchini is great just overall. Slice them up, throw some bread crumbs on them, and fry them for some fried zucchini. Shred them up all the way and make zucchini cakes (pancake version) And that is really good to. You obviously don't put syrup on them.

Cut them in quarters, add some seasonings, put them on a grill, and melt a little bit of cheese on them to make a zucchini boat. I grow all sorts of vegetables so I'm always experimenting.
I have these two tools that can thinly slice zucchini for rolling and to make spirals but I’m still learning how to use them. I really want to figure out the thin slicing tool to make stuffed zucchini rolls.

I'm going to drop my biggest spicy take in here:

I don't even like the fanbase for Waluigi. The time when the last straw was broken for my tolerance towards the Waluigi fanbase is when the community decided to send threats to Sakurai on Twitter just because Waluigi isn't a playable fighter in Smash Bros. Ultimate. This has solidify the fact that Waluigi had the worst fanbase compared to other Mario characters' loyal fanbases.

(To the Waluigi fans who are respectful and just like the character, you rock! But I'm only talking about the extreme fans who took it too far)

I get that Waluigi is cool, but the community needs to chill with the hype.

Also Wario is better than Waluigi, in my opinion.

I mean, who gets to have his own spin-off game and a spin-off series on top of that?
The answer is clear, Wario has it all.

Last edited:
I never understood the hype for Waluigi either. I mean absolutely nothing is appealing about that guy which is incredibly hard to do in the Mario franchise as every other character has something to them that people can like about them. Peach is kind and helpful and willing to take action and save the day head on if she isn’t captured and held prisoner. The Piranha Plant is like an Audrey II without the need to wipe out humanity in order to get larger. The Goombas are sentient walking mushrooms that have very expressive faces and can occasionally be used as comic relief. And Wario is basically the opposite of Mario who is shorter and looks thinner when next to Wario. Waluigi is just some colorblind ugly dude doing some pretty awful cosplay of Luigi. Wario’s mustache is very different than Mario’s while Waluigi’s is almost exactly identical to Luigi’s except it’s thinner.

I don’t know what the general consensus is, but zucchini bread is delicious— especially with chocolate chips.
Exactly! My mom would always make it a ton in the late summer when we grew zucchinis in our garden, and even though we haven't been gardening for a few years, I still crave it all the time.

I like zucchini bread. If I had an oven and a good recipe, I’d make a batch. Never had it with chocolate chips before but I’ve had it with raisins and I think walnuts. It’s really good warm with a little bit of butter spread on top.

I have these two tools that can thinly slice zucchini for rolling and to make spirals but I’m still learning how to use them. I really want to figure out the thin slicing tool to make stuffed zucchini rolls.
Oh yeah! I forgot…zucchini noodles are delicious too. Well, not as good as regular pasta, but I especially like them with Parmesan cheese on top.
Post automatically merged:

I'm going to drop my biggest spicy take in here:

I don't even like the fanbase for Waluigi. The time when the last straw was broken for my tolerance towards the Waluigi fanbase is when the community decided to send threats to Sakurai on Twitter just because Waluigi isn't a playable fighter in Smash Bros. Ultimate. This has solidify the fact that Waluigi had the worst fanbase compared to other Mario characters' loyal fanbases.

(To the Waluigi fans who are respectful and just like the character, you rock! But I'm only talking about the extreme fans who took it too far)

I get that Waluigi is cool, but the community needs to chill with the hype.

Also Wario is better than Waluigi, in my opinion.

I mean, who gets to have his own spin-off game and a spin-off series on top of that?
The answer is clear, Wario has it all.
Death threats? Really? I get that Waluigi is funny and all, but…wow.
Wario is better, I agree. He’s a more interesting character overall; I understand why he has his own games.

Spirals as in it peels/turns it into a curly strand? That's pretty good! I usually end up using a cheese grater to get them finely grated. It takes some time and force though.

I did buy this really strong automatic press for dicing onions. I grew so many last year that I spent hours cleaning, dicing, and freezing them. So this year will be super easy and I'll be done in like 5 minutes lol.

Death threats? Really? I get that Waluigi is funny and all, but…wow.
Wario is better, I agree. He’s a more interesting character overall; I understand why he has his own games.
It gets even more wild. The death threats were because of some really off of the wall speculation they did. Sakurai (the creator of Smash) was having a video session to talk about the newest member who was included in the game. People saw that there were blue/purple chairs to the side of him and went 'omg he's hinting at Waluigi!?!!!' and then when it didn't happen they felt betrayed and boom death threats incoming.

While I like and practice minimalism for its function (tidiness and finding a home for every item), I do not like the minimalist aesthetic. Too often I see rooms in just different shades of white, brown, and occasionally green. Like where are the bright or bold colors? I find it hard to believe that everyone's favorite color is beige. Even with Google's help, it's difficult to find inspiration for my bedroom because of this.

While I like and practice minimalism for its function (tidiness and finding a home for every item), I do not like the minimalist aesthetic. Too often I see rooms in just different shades of white, brown, and occasionally green. Like where are the bright or bold colors? I find it hard to believe that everyone's favorite color is beige. Even with Google's help, it's difficult to find inspiration for my bedroom because of this.
The house my dad bought for me, I want to paint the kitchen a light green (something similar to mint), the living room and bathroom a medium blue (something like Celadon), and keep the bedrooms the slate blue. The kitchen is currently this tacky shade of yellow and I absolutely hate the green paint the previous occupants made the bathroom. It’s this god awful puke green color and I screamed in pure disgust the first time I turned on the light in there. From the shadows it looks blue or grey but yeah it’s really hideous. Even my dad’s friend thinks it’s a truly awful color and agrees that we need to change it immediately. If it were a lighter green closer to greenish yellow or spring green then it would not be so bad.

The house my dad bought for me, I want to paint the kitchen a light green (something similar to mint), the living room and bathroom a medium blue (something like Celadon), and keep the bedrooms the slate blue. The kitchen is currently this tacky shade of yellow and I absolutely hate the green paint the previous occupants made the bathroom. It’s this god awful puke green color and I screamed in pure disgust the first time I turned on the light in there. From the shadows it looks blue or grey but yeah it’s really hideous. Even my dad’s friend thinks it’s a truly awful color and agrees that we need to change it immediately. If it were a lighter green closer to greenish yellow or spring green then it would not be so bad.
Yeah, puke green is an ugly color for a restroom. I guess that it would be a good motivator when you have the stomach flu. Haha.

Light mint, Celadon blue, and slate blue are such pretty colors. My room is painted a light blue color, but with shadows it looks like light Celadon blue. I like it, it feels very cozy. It must be the reason why I nap so much.

my controversial opinion is that the Nintendo 3DS is one of the best consoles of all time.

i wouldnt say this is a burning hot take, but it is definitely an uncommon one. i dont think anyone would legitimately get offended over this take, but alot of people definitely disagree.

although comparing the 3DS with something like the PS5 is completely unfair and unreasonable. however, compared to the switch, and consoles similair, i will say without a doubt the 3DS has the best design, best video game library and, well, better everything. the switches ui feels so... dead. dont get me started on the drift either.

Are you talking about the paint on the walls? This is usually because colors like white usually go with everything. So if you end up changing the layout of a room or furniture or whatever it's not going to clash as much if you like paint the room in dark blue.

Are you talking about the paint on the walls? This is usually because colors like white usually go with everything. So if you end up changing the layout of a room or furniture or whatever it's not going to clash as much if you like paint the room in dark blue.
Mainly the walls, yes. You’re probably right that this is the reason why many people stick to a shade of white. Sometimes it could be because they are renting a place.

However, I still don’t like the repetitiveness of white rooms. I’ll just leave it at that.

Mainly the walls, yes. You’re probably right that this is the reason why many people stick to a shade of white. Sometimes it could be because they are renting a place.

However, I still don’t like the repetitiveness of white rooms. I’ll just leave it at that.
Oh yeah I get that. I wasn't telling you not to paint your house the way you want to. Like those modern white cube rooms look so tasteless. It's like they're all too perfectly square and off-putting. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to painting cause to me it's a pain in the butt lol so I tend to gravitate to colors that will hold up well for a few years. My bedroom is a very light powder blue.

Good luck finding the perfect colors for you!

my controversial opinion is that the Nintendo 3DS is one of the best consoles of all time.

i wouldnt say this is a burning hot take, but it is definitely an uncommon one. i dont think anyone would legitimately get offended over this take, but alot of people definitely disagree.

although comparing the 3DS with something like the PS5 is completely unfair and unreasonable. however, compared to the switch, and consoles similair, i will say without a doubt the 3DS has the best design, best video game library and, well, better everything. the switches ui feels so... dead. dont get me started on the drift either.
I think it is the best handheld console if you don’t count the Switch as one. The 3DS allowed you to listen to music and had a web browser which is something the Switch is sorely missing. It was so easy to look up game tips while playing a game at the same time.

Building off of this, there's something that comes off as weirdly sterile about most new houses and apartments. I don't know what exactly it is but they all seem too clean, too professional, too unlived in.

And I say this as someone who is currently renting a furnished house. Like, I know people have lived here. The dining table that came with the place is a little damaged because kids like, carved into it a bit. And still the house is just...sterile.

Older houses have character.

The Lackadaisy pilot was kinda meh, Rocky was annoying and the pacing was off. I‘ve known about the comic since the DeviantArt days but it’s never clicked with me.

No ifs or buts, no disclaimers about comparisons, it IS the best console. 💯

The Lackadaisy pilot was kinda meh, Rocky was annoying and the pacing was off. I‘ve known about the comic since the DeviantArt days but it’s never clicked with me.

No ifs or buts, no disclaimers about comparisons, it IS the best console. 💯

Was it meant to be a pilot or a short film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back