• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I just remembered a fee more unpopular opinions, they might trigger some people but they shouldn’t (and it’s not a big deal):

- Gushers! I’ve only tried them once and it was enough..the experience wasn’t exactly pleasant 🤢
- I prefer peanut butter extra crunchy! Try that in a sandwich with Nutella! Yum! 🤤
- I like warm cereal in Winter, the sogginess only makes it better ❤️
- I almost never order anything cold from a cafe like Starbucks, hot drinks all the way!
- I prefer Pepsi over Coke any day, diet coke however is superior to the abomination that is diet Pepsi! (Is that an unpopular opinion? Maybe it’s not)
- I never understood why people like Domino’s Pizza, I have tried pizza from so many places and Domino’s is by FAR the worst.

Ok I just remembered a fee more unpopular opinions, they might trigger some people but they shouldn’t (and it’s not a big deal):

- Gushers! I’ve only tried them once and it was enough..the experience wasn’t exactly pleasant 🤢
- I prefer peanut butter extra crunchy! Try that in a sandwich with Nutella! Yum! 🤤
- I almost never order anything cold from a cafe like Starbucks, hot drinks all the way!
- I prefer Pepsi over Coke any day, diet coke however is superior to the abomination that is diet Pepsi! (Is that an unpopular opinion? Maybe it’s not)
- I never understood why people like Domino’s Pizza, I have tried pizza from so many places and Domino’s is by FAR the worst.

Oh my GOD I forgot that gushers existed! I feel like I haven't seen those in years.

Pepsi is amazing. I want that sweetness.

I hear you on the cold drinks. I love my hot coffee.

I never really liked Tina Turner’s music. Her voice was bad but it just didn’t fit my personal taste in music. I’m not really drawn to female singers with raspy voices that much other than Bonnie Tyler. But the singer I hate more than anyone else is Phil Collins. I mean 95% of his work sounds exactly the same and the only song I like of his is Easy Lover but that’s only because it was a duet and In the Air is just tolerable. His work on Tarzan sort of ruined the movie for me as I had wanted the characters to sing the songs, not listen to a Phil Collins music video movie.

New Horizons music is KINDA overhated. While I think the game is overrated, I don’t really understand why the game’s soundtrack catches so much flack. Like, sure, maybe there’s a lot of guitar and synth, and sure, maybe all of the hourly themes in the game force the main theme in your face, and SURE, maybe the soundtrack is worse than other AC games, but it’s really not that horrible. There’s a lot of good songs in the game, even excluding hourly music. The new remix of the Roost is an example, or Resident Services. And I know they’re not new, they’re technically just secret New Leaf songs getting airchecks, but Drivin’, Farewell, and especially Animal City (even if it’s a remix of the city theme) are all good. Also I can’t wait to see how the secret Wild World song sounds as an aircheck in the next AC game.

Burgers are technically sandwiches, but I wouldn’t go around saying “I’m going to Wendy’s for some sandwiches.” etc. (My great-grandma used to call burgers “sandwiches” lol.)

Same with Domino's...Idk why but as far as pizza chains go, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, and Papa John's taste better.
Also, with fruit gushers (if that's what you mean) I LOVED them and wanted everyone to try them, they were God's gift as far as I was concerned. I remember offering one to my great-grandma but she said, "I can't have that, honey." I was really confused (I was a little kid), but then I learned she had diabetes. :oops:

As much as I hate the quacking 3 AM music in ACNH, it’s still better than that nightmare-inducing 1 AM music in ACNL.

To be honest, the 1 AM music in ACNL is one of the worst hourly musics in Animal Crossing. It’s why I used to be afraid of being awake that late at night. The worst one is still the 2 AM music in Wild World.

As much as I hate the quacking 3 AM music in ACNH, it’s still better than that nightmare-inducing 1 AM music in ACNL.

To be honest, the 1 AM music in ACNL is one of the worst hourly musics in Animal Crossing. It’s why I used to be afraid of being awake that late at night. The worst one is still the 2 AM music in Wild World.
This is one of the hottest takes I’ve seen in a while.

Damn Alolan_Apples, I don’t comment often on how vehemently I agree with takes, but… damn
Personally I never understood how some people find ACNL 1am or 12AM scary. I guess I understand 12AM being emptier, but to me it’s like a “up late past bedtime sneaking” kind of empty.

Super concrete (detail) writing is boring. It's like someone's holding my hand throughout the book.

I rather imagine it, not have it fed to me.

Last edited:
New Horizons music is KINDA overhated. While I think the game is overrated, I don’t really understand why the game’s soundtrack catches so much flack. Like, sure, maybe there’s a lot of guitar and synth, and sure, maybe all of the hourly themes in the game force the main theme in your face, and SURE, maybe the soundtrack is worse than other AC games, but it’s really not that horrible. There’s a lot of good songs in the game, even excluding hourly music. The new remix of the Roost is an example, or Resident Services. And I know they’re not new, they’re technically just secret New Leaf songs getting airchecks, but Drivin’, Farewell, and especially Animal City (even if it’s a remix of the city theme) are all good. Also I can’t wait to see how the secret Wild World song sounds as an aircheck in the next AC game.
God I'm so glad they put Animal City as music in the game. It plays in my "commercial district" as it were
Post automatically merged:

Damn Alolan_Apples, I don’t comment often on how vehemently I agree with takes, but… damn
Personally I never understood how some people find ACNL 1am or 12AM scary. I guess I understand 12AM being emptier, but to me it’s like a “up late past bedtime sneaking” kind of empty.
And I can absolutely understand how ACNL 7PM is scary because that music induces dread.

Another thing I think is overhated is Burger King. Granted, there’s a decent amount of people who like it, but a lot of people say it tastes like weasel knuckles and rat crap. Well, maybe not exactly that, but things like that. It’s probably bias but I think it’s pretty good. I don’t think I can really say I like it more than McDonald’s since I just haven’t had McDonald’s enough to really compare them, but I think they’re both good.

I don’t know if this is unpopular, but I think that religion has a place where it belongs. It’s okay to believe your own practices and all, but you shouldn’t just force people to believe your religion. I mean, if you think about it, there’s probably a reason people have different religions. They prefer theirs and that’s why they believe in theirs (and why they don’t believe in religion). Also people shouldn’t hate people just for doing things that they think is against their religion. People doing things you don’t think is right is really not an excuse for being discriminatory 😒.

Social media influencers who have to take the perfect photo no matter where they are rather than just enjoy what's in front of them.

(For context I went to Hampton Court Palace on Tuesday and whilst walking up a grand staircase taking in the history this woman suddenly took off her her hoodie to reveal a glamorous outfit and then proceeded to pose on the staircase whilst her boyfriend began taking photos of her. It was VERY obvious it was all for social media but she took up so much room and had it been busy she would've caused a queue on the stairs.)

I don’t know if this is unpopular, but I think that religion has a place where it belongs. It’s okay to believe your own practices and all, but you shouldn’t just force people to believe your religion. I mean, if you think about it, there’s probably a reason people have different religions. They prefer theirs and that’s why they believe in theirs (and why they don’t believe in religion). Also people shouldn’t hate people just for doing things that they think is against their religion. People doing things you don’t think is right is really not an excuse for being discriminatory 😒.
It may not be unpopular, but it’s controversial, so you’re good. God doesn’t like theocracies or religious bigotry either.

Let me think of another opinion. Businesses should be allowed to remain neutral or silent to a political issue. They may lose customers who are passionate about the issue for not siding with them, but they have a lot more to lose if they pick sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back