• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Christmas music as well and will play the radio station that plays it 24/7 the day after Thanksgiving until the evening of Christmas Day constantly. But the thing I love most about that time of year are the decorations (not super into Christmas trees but I still like them), the fact that peppermint is literally everywhere, and the sales on toys which is great as I can buy all the toys I collect and no one will ever question me for buying them. This is especially great for me when it comes to buying Lol Surprise dolls.

high school should be 4 hours a day for 5 days a week (9 am -12 pm) opposed to being 7 hours. my school has the same classes every single day, this could be fixed if it’s a rotating class schedule of 30-45 minutes. for example on monday you have math at 10:00, history at 10:30 but on tuesday you don’t have math or history at all and it’s replaced with science and english (if that makes sense)

i would understand why it’s 7 hours if you’re in elementary/middle school because you kind of need someone to babysit you afterwards but the only problem in high schools that i would imagine are possible transportation issues. everyone says how it’s supposed to prepare you for a 9-5 job but 90% of school is daycare.

i think four hour school days would be more beneficial to students because it encourage more of them to get an after school job. im not sure how people do that now, 7 hours of school + possible extracurricular activities + homework?? that’s crazy to me.

Last edited:
i don't know who told you high school is supposed to prepare you for a job, or made you believe child labor is in any way a priority, but as once a teacher, that part is not so much as an opinion as way off from reality. you go to high school to learn the cognitive skills it will take to interact with adult life and pursue a specialization of study. and to force you to implement time management, because often after secondary school your schedule tends to be based on circumstance instead of a balanced breakfast of effort and reward.

i've taught high schoolers. actually, they need guidance or "babysitting" more than elementary school kids because their biggest need is to grasp fundamentals and that occupies their day. a teenager is developing and needs far more support and guidance as they begin to become aware of their place and influence on society around them. it actually concerns me that schools present themselves as career prep. that is what college is for. high school is to provide you with social and academic structure and your development. also to expose you to critical thinking that you would not to confront on your own. maybe you won't ever use it in your life, but someone will, and they are going to be fleecing you on services rendered or trusting you to be prepared to adapt one day. you don't have to remember how to write out formal algebra, but your budget and survival are still going to need you to solve for x

i'm not arguing with the opinion itself, i definitely agree the schedule should be more conducive to the mental health and reasonable expectations with less focus on ritual like homework and more playing to
student's learning language and classroom environment needs, but that is the real unpopular opinion. or i dunno, maybe the unpopular opinion is the idea of value of education for education sakes people instilled in me

also by the way, i very much prefer dlc and outlined season passes than back in the 90s when your only additional content was an 80 dollar gamble on an expansion that either improved or butchered a game, and ontop of that, broken games stayed broken unless you wanted to buy the fixed version again. how is a day one or launch week patch a step backwards? well , maybe that isn't really an unpopular opinion so much as pointing out a myopic misconception of glory days

- I may have mentioned this on the older thread, but I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift's music. Before you ask, no, I don't dislike her music just to try and be "cool." People who do that are seriously annoying. I just think it's genuinely bad. I only really like it when it's paired with other songs in remixes, cause on its own... it's kind of underwhelming imo.

- I didn't and still don't really understand the hype surrounding the Barbie movie. I mean, I knew what it was since I was a kid because of the merchandise, but I fail to see why it's so interesting now that it's a motion picture. I looked up what the meaning behind the movie is, which seems to have to do with identity and self-acceptance, but even then I'm just like... do I have to necessarily watch this movie to get that message? There's plenty of other media that have the same message, and do it just as well.

Okay, you can proceed to roast me on an open fire now.

I am old-fashioned.
I don't like Internet slang, it is way too overused, and it just exists to pander to the modern generation, I prefer to speak in normal sentences instead.

I am old-fashioned.
I don't like Internet slang, it is way too overused, and it just exists to pander to the modern generation, I prefer to speak in normal sentences instead.
Same here. I don’t like using abbreviations or internet slang (which also includes abusing the term “woke” when discussing political correctness). I talk like we’re still living in the 1990’s or 2000’s. And if I say something weird or fancy, I use the Southern accent.

^ I’m about to share a popular opinion but tbh internet memes peaked in 2016. Yeah I know it was an edgier time, and I hate people using “triggered” as a meme which was popularised that year, but the memes were truly unpredictable, fun, and mostly more transformative

Steamed Hams however, was the peak of all memes. It was popular for the perfect amount of time, was taken from classic media, didn’t water down what was already a funny scene, and had very transformative remixes. Like, maybe there’s some old meme I’ve taken for granted, but for as long as I’ve been around on the internet I still feel that one was peak.

You know which one bothers me, people saying “oh let the zoomers have fun stop complaining about skibidi toilet”. I have never seen someone complain about skibidi toilet itself, I’ve only seen people acting like there were complaints about the meme, and people like me complaining about the false outrage. I’m glad that meme is out. It was just another generic boring meme. Omg the memes this year suck and are the most generic formats and people argue over them too much honestly. Which I guess I’m complaining about that now but it’s never quite been as stinky as it has this year.

The Miss Vanjie meme is still funny and there is one scenario I think would have been perfect to become a meme that no one has made yet after all these years. The meme I was thinking about is that one scenario from The Warriors with the guy from the rival gang taunting the Warriors from his car while clanging the glass bottles. Replace “Warriors come to play!” with the Miss Vanjie dialogue and it would be hilarious as now the gang looks completely confused by the taunting.

You know which one bothers me, people saying “oh let the zoomers have fun stop complaining about skibidi toilet”. I have never seen someone complain about skibidi toilet itself, I’ve only seen people acting like there were complaints about the meme, and people like me complaining about the false outrage. I’m glad that meme is out. It was just another generic boring meme. Omg the memes this year suck and are the most generic formats and people argue over them too much honestly. Which I guess I’m complaining about that now but it’s never quite been as stinky as it has this year.
Pardon me for my ignorance, but what is skibidi toilet? I've heard it mentioned in passing before, but I've never really known anything about it other than it being extremely disliked by people. Then again, I haven't really been too into memes recently, so there's that.

Pardon me for my ignorance, but what is skibidi toilet? I've heard it mentioned in passing before, but I've never really known anything about it other than it being extremely disliked by people. Then again, I haven't really been too into memes recently, so there's that.
It’s just a really stupid meme that’s a whole story about toilets with heads sticking out of them singing this song. I don’t really get what the appeal is.

I actually really like the new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe meta, it brings a new breath of fresh air into the mix of all medium weight characters being a non-incorrect choice. My main is Male Villager, and I'm very pleased to know that I can fit right in while playing as my favorite character.

What I don't get is why Yoshi along with the rest of the characters in his weight class are picked more than the other medium weights do, but I don't care much on this.

Another thing to add on the MK8DX bandwagon is bagging. I know most hate it because it's considered a "Cheap way to win". No it does not, you try to frontrun with competitive players on Cheese Land and you wish you bagged.
But my unpopular opinion on bagging is that I absolutely LOVE it! Trying to make a comeback with the most powerful items while strategically knowing when to use them is one of the most satisfying things I can do on that game.

Also, while this has nothing to do with 8DX, I was looking through the old posts not too long ago and I too love Christmas Music. They give me the serenity of the Christmas vibes to it, they're all so relaxing except for one song. (And no, it's not that one Mariah song, I actually quite like it) It's the 12 days of Christmas spoof with what you hate about it, it drives me NUTS when I hear it, makes me wanna turn off the radio when it comes on.

I like to play Christmas music BEFORE Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back