• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

what's your skin care routine?

I used to use just a bunch of lush products but it didn't click with me until maybe a few month after using them that I was exfoliating everyday :| mostly because you're only really suppose to use a bit at a time and it goes bad pretty fast due to the ingredients.

Right now I use Boscia face wash morning and night, Aveeno lotion w/ 15 SPF, twice a week I'll use this repair cream from Sephora - I can't remember what the brand is off the top of my head. Also, I'll do face masks mostly aimed at pores, blemishes, and brightening 2-3 times a week c: I also use this dermatology online-prescribed gel, but I'm still on the fence about how well it works.. I'd really like to buy a clear-a-sonic brush as well ^-^

All the products from stores dries out my skin. I read a couple of tips from a home remedy site, one was using Aloe and one was putting baking soda in a bath. It's only good to do the baking soda thing once a week. However, the aloe trick helps with swelling and redness. It won't get rid of the the clog in your skin, but it helps make your pimples a little less noticeable. All you have to do is put it on before bed, let your skin absorb the aloe, and it helps.

I don't really follow a routine since I've never suffered from spots. Nivea cream is the way to go for me, I've been using that stuff for years. It makes my skin feel nice and soft and there's no harmful chemicals that will cause irritation; not that my skin is sensitive, if anything it's dry as a bone.

I don't really follow a routine since I've never suffered from spots. Nivea cream is the way to go for me, I've been using that stuff for years. It makes my skin feel nice and soft and there's no harmful chemicals that will cause irritation; not that my skin is sensitive, if anything it's dry as a bone.

*squints eyes*
you lucky ducky. I always get random mountains on my face that look like I'm trying to grow an extra eyeball.

That is a joke, please laugh.

i rarely get any blemishes or spots on my face but i just used a basic facewash when i shower to get the dirt and sweat out of my skin. Natural oils that your pores produces is actually very good for you, its when you sweat that they clog up and create acne

i use a homemade face wash that i make out of essential oils, jojoba oil & organic honey once a day, & moisturize afterwards with another combo of oils. i've tried everything in the book for my skin in the past ten years or so, and this is by far the best routine i've done.

My skincare routine begins with washing my face with foam or cleansing milk, then I use a toner to remove the remained cleanser, after it, I apply a serum and then a moisturizing day cream with SPF because my skin is very sensitive to the sun. In the evening I use the cleanser and night cream. Also, twice a week I use masks and I go to the cosmetologist regularly. I take care of my skin because I'm afraid of having wrinkles and I want to look perfect. Now, I'm thinking about botox injection and I'm wondering which is the Botox Montreal price. I think it's very important to have a correct skincare routine if you want to look younger.

Last edited:
Washing my face and using different cremes in the morning and evening. I also try to drink more water, but I don't think drinking more makes a difference for me. :confused:

I only apply lipbalm if my lips start to get dry, the one I use get rid of problems before they happen.

I wash my face with charcoal soap at night. Since I started using it, I've hardly had any acne whatsoever. It's excellent- especially since I'm at that age where I experience it a ton.

Otherwise, the only other thing I put on my skin is chapstick.

i just splash water on my face

(to be fair im on a birth control pill with an amazing side effect causing my face to be clear & smooth)

I wash my face with water in the morning

I wash my face with water before bed

I use a cleanser and moisturizer or face mask if I feel fancy..
I also use a cleanser after I remove makeup

Oh boy, this is a topic I could talk about all day.

I've been taking my skincare more seriously since my mid-20's (in my 30's now), so I have a lot of products and routines that I swear by. A lot of my friends do Botox injections now but I still don't have any lines or wrinkles, thankfully!

I wash and moisturize first thing in the morning, and again just before bed. My normal face wash is by Dermalogica, though I also have one from CeraVe that I'll use if my skin feels like it needs more moisture. I follow that with an eye cream by either DermaDoctor or Dr. Brandt, a serum from an awesome Australian company called Edible Beauty, a moisturizer by Algenist, and Vintner's Daughter facial oil. At night my routine is pretty much the same, but I use a night cream by Omorovicza and a heavier facial oil by Biossance. I also use a microdermabrasion tool once a week. I'd say the most important aspects of any skincare routine is sunscreen anytime you go outside, and LOTS of water.

If there are any other product junkies out there, feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about skincare! Maybe it's ridiculous but I always get excited to do my routines and glean an absurd amount of joy from using my products, haha.

i use st ives green tea facial cleanser, neutrogena hydro-boost gel cream and occasionally polysporin on my more severe blemishes

Lush Ultrabland cleanser
Simple moisturiser or NO7 day/night cream
Lush tea tree toner

Shave most mornings and that's it.

my skin is tedious because i have a combination of oily (my cheeks, forehead, and nose) and dry (my lips and lower face). i’ve used and sworn by the pure skin face cleanser from first aid beauty for years now. i follow with a moisturizer from drunk elephant and thats really about it. i also make sure to use gentle foundations (if i even wear foundation) and just overall light, natural makeup. i also used to have really bad acne, but i started taking birth control for it and it’s helped big time !!!

Last edited:
I use that neutrogena hydro boost cleanser that my wife gets.

I like it.

I'm probably doing it wrong...

Currently it's like this:
When I wake up I apply a tea tree oil & charcoal facial soap (link) to my face. I leave the soap on for a few minutes, after that I wash it off. My face feels amazing after that! Sometimes I also use a kind of scrub wash (cheap brand) instead of it.

If I eat something oily I pretty much have to do that again because it affects my skin... :/

Before going to sleep I wash my face again like that and put on a zinc(+other stuff) cream for the night and I sleep with that on.

I have tried using face moisturizers after washing in the morning but I don't feel the need for them. My face feels just right after the wash and I feel like the moisturizer actually makes it feel worse? Am I crazy?

Sometimes I'm scared that I wash my face too often or treat it too roughly but I feel like it's necessary. :/ And the moisturizer only feels necessary in very cold winter weather. Maybe I should try using it more though?

I used to use a tea tree oil + hazel witch mix (link) which was good but I can't find it anymore except online, maybe I should order. (I almost never buy stuff online idk. :s)

Idk I appreciate tips. haha

Maybe someone can explain serums and the fancier "extra stuff".

Edit: added links

Last edited:
Almost nothing :)

I used to use Proactiv (benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid doesn't help) cause I have TERRIBLE and I'm not joking TERRIBLE acne caused by stress, hormones and my genetics. Because of the last part, it is never going away. Ever. I will never 'out-grow' acne. I'm 21. I've had acne since I was 10.

I've used so many types of products, even a dermatologist cream which didn't do jack. Proactiv did help but it never fully got rid of it, even when hormones and stress wasn't causing my acne. I know I am going to get scars (I already have some) and it makes me ugly but fighting my acne is worthless at this point.

On a more positive note, my friend got me hooked on handmade oatmeal bar soap. It makes my skin soft and smells wonderful. I used it on my face and it did help with my acne irritation a little bit, my skin was slightly less red even thou I was still breaking out. I switched to lavender but I think I should switch back to oatmeal. Idk if it's stress but it doesn't have the same soft feel like the oatmeal did.

I got my soaps at a craft show and once I run out I plan on ordering more from their online store. Plus I'm helping the 'locals'.

If anyone has any recommendations for natrual (like borderline handmade) moisturizers (my face peels randomly) or other skin care stuff I'd love to hear! Also natrual hair care products.

morning: the body shop tea tree clearing face wash and then nature republic aloe vera soothing gel plus lip balm if i'm feeling too dry but like i think it's just because the weather has been weird lately

night: neutrogena deep clean facial cleanser and the nature republic aloe vera again

i only use facial masks when i'm feeling super fancy but they're nice and they make me feel fresh! looking into sunscreens to invest in because that's important but i keep forgetting oops :))) but i'm pretty happy with how my skin looks rn? i'm not trying to get glass skin man i just like feeling like i'm taking care of myself y'know?

Back