• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

what's your skin care routine?

I use some ordinary face cleanser, witch hazel, and and jojoba oil! Twice every day. I've seen a big difference since I started using witch hazel more recently.

Have v combination skin. some days it can be dry in the morning and greasy an hour later so i just find its about staying on top of what my skins like in the moment. atm its leaning towards dry because its winter and really windy here so i just adjust my skin care routine to fit whatever i need.

Currently:
Kiehl's oil free cleanser whenever I need it, try not to use it every day as it can make my face over-dry and sensitive if i do too much to it. I also have their ultra facial cream for moisturising in the daytime
The Ordinary caffeine solution for around my eyes every morning and night (amazing i s2g), i have their niacinamide and hyaluronic acid too for whenever i need a little boost.
Rose hip seed oil for when i go to sleep

and i always have a carmex lip balm because those things are 10/10 and very much needed in cold weather

Every morning and night, wash my face with some simple soap. Every morning, a camphor based ointment. Every night wash my face with micellar water. Twice a week, exfoliate my nose. If I have zits or pimples forming, an ointment that dries and diminishes them.

But I think this is way too much effort, since my skin hasn't gotten any better in comparison to a year ago, when I barely washed my face everyday. I think this skin care craze relies on placebo effect, to be honest. You waste all this money and time on things that don't really do much, but you want and hope and trust they will, so you think they work and you feel good about yourself lol

I don't really have a skincare routine.. moisturizer before applying foundation.. that's about it, haha.

I put chapstick on all throughout the day, my SO tells me I have a chapsticke problem because I always have at least two on me at all times and I keep buying more.

On the days I wear a lot of makeup I use coconut oil to wash it off my face (you only need a little and it works way better than any makeup remover I've used!), on days I don't have on a lot of makeup I just use a bar of senisitive skin dove soap. Whenever I'm done washing my face I use a agan oil and vitiman e oil blend of facial oil and that's pretty much it. I'll do a face mask when I feel fancy, but that doesn't happen that often. :cool: I don't do a lot of self care for my face and hair, I go for a much more natural look now and I don't want to add to my moring routine.

face wash, toner pad in the morning, light moisturizer, and sunscreen lotion if I'm gonna be out in the sun a lot.
at night, no toner and swap moisturizer for a heavier one.

my face has still been producing a decent amount of oil though... and my pores are huge lol I need to figure out what to change

I'm not doing much, most of the time I'm just washing it with water or Vichy Normaderm, then put some moisturizing cream like Cerave. Argile mask once in a while. I don't have acne or oily skin, just a bit dry.

Once I got some weird skin disease and I was told to use Vichy Normaderm Corrective for a month and it worked.

I also tried some Korean products once I got as freebie and there were really nice and smelled good.

i regularly use witch hazel toner pads and first aid beauty hydrating serum, along with assorted moisturizers/creams/lip balms! i'm trying to get better at taking my makeup off every night with micellar water. there's also this really good avocado and honey facial scrub that i use a few times a month!

i regularly use witch hazel toner pads and first aid beauty hydrating serum, along with assorted moisturizers/creams/lip balms! i'm trying to get better at taking my makeup off every night with micellar water. there's also this really good avocado and honey facial scrub that i use a few times a month!

I use mostly skin moisturizers and lip balms (mostly in winter). I rarely use anything else maybe because but I visit spa twice per month, I don't remember all the products they use there. I also use avocado shampoo and homemade coconut oil masks both for skin and my hair because of my skin, it's too dry because of a current climate where I live.

I use an exfoliant every other day, with gentle moisturizer soap washings daily, and Olay facial cream twice a week.
I'm still working on it bc I still get a lot of acne in my late 20s due to hormonal imbalances, but this keeps the majority of it at bay with the exception of during shark week.

face wash, retinol, moisturizer, and sun screen. lip balm too but i make my own bc store bought just dries my lips

I wash it when I wake up and before I go to sleep, and apply an ointment on particularly nasty blemishes to help them heal (it reduces the redness and swelling surprisingly fast, and helps them heal quicker). At night, I've also been using lotion on my neck and chin, with good results to my surprise.
Other than that, I don't actually do all that much to it, but i guess it makes sense since i rarely wear makeup.

In the mornings I wash my face with water only then put on a salacylic acid toner or use an exfoliating pad which also contains salacylic acid and witch hazel. Then I put on sunscreen, my eczema medication & a heavy moisturizer because my skin is more on the dry side in general. Then I put on aloe vera gel by Nature Republic on my problem areas (I have a lot of texture in my T zone and it helps to smoothen it out a bit). For lips I put on a lip balm with argan oil and top it with vaseline to lock in the moisture.

Before bed I wash my face with a tea tree foam cleanser, eczema medication then load up on tons of moisturizer for the night. Sometimes I put on salacylic acid/aloe vera gel if my skin is being extra problematic but I tend to try and keep it to once a day to give my skin a break.

Edit: everyone remember to put on sunscreen! its so important

Mon-Sat:
Wash my face in the morning with a facial cleanser.
Apply toner/hydrating serum/sculpting creme/spf moisturizer/spf eye cream
Wash face in the evening with cleanser, toner/hydrate serum/reg moisturizer/reg eye cream
Chapstick throughout day.

I use a silicone exfoliate brush in the shower 2-3 times a week. It's pretty gentle so I probably don't have to worry about over-doing it like with the electric/battery brush devices...but I still just keep it to a minimum to watch over-doing it on my skin.

Sun:
All of above
Face mask (aloe and green tea masks are my favorite)

Oof how have I not found this thread before? I love seeing others skincare routines haha!
I’m currently on roaccutane for my skin so I’ve had to adjust my routine a lot for my changing skin type.

At the minute, I rinse my face in the morning and then apply a baby-lotion moisturiser and Eucerin’s SPF (it’s a colour correction one and honestly might be my holy grail!).

On a night time I wash with the simple daily face wash and apply a deep aloe Vera moisturiser (from the body shop), although I don’t do this every night and sometimes will just apply the baby lotion again.

On days where I’m feeling extra dry I’ll apply the e45 moisturising cream but I tend to do this on a night time since it’s quite thick.

like I said I’m on roaccutane at the minute so I’m unsure how much of this helps my skin because the meds do such a good job on their own. I’m due to finish my course in a couple of days because of the pandemic so my skin should be back to normal within a month or two. I’m really not looking forward to getting oily again and I hope that the meds have somewhat semi-regulated my sebum production!

I have combination skin with a super oily t-zone and dry cheeks. I'm still fine-tuning my routine but this is what I'm doing currently and it's working pretty good for me! I do this every night and in the mornings when I remember to, which isn't often tbh. I splurged on some expensive stuff back around Christmas and I've found that it's not really worth it so I'll probably switch them out for more affordable options when they're empty.
  1. The Face Shop rice water bright light cleansing oil (on the rare occasions when I wear makeup)
  2. The Face Shop rice water bright cleansing foam
  3. Mamonde pore clean clay mask (a few nights a week)
  4. Kitao matcha+chia essence lotion
  5. Glow Recipe pink juice moisturizer
  6. Mizon snail repair eye cream
  7. MISSHA pore blur starter (I use this in the morning as my SPF and also to minimize my massive pores)

Cleanser and moisturiser. Morning and evening.

Using the label CeraVe. it's really amazing, I recommend it! Doesn't smell anything and feels very clean

Has anyone here ever used the ordinary's red serum cleanser thingie? I seen good positive reviews on tiktok but I'm not exactly sure if it's credible or not!

Has anyone here ever used the ordinary's red serum cleanser thingie? I seen good positive reviews on tiktok but I'm not exactly sure if it's credible or not!
I have, I can post a picture of my skin if you'd like! It honestly really evened out my skin tone and gets rid of acne scars quick. I suffer from large pores but they're the cleanest they've been in years!

My skin care routine:
The Ordinary Peeling solution (2 times a week)
St Yves Apricot Scrub
CVS Exfoliating Tingling Scrub
A Lavender Cleanser
Urban Skin Even tone cleansing bar
The Ordinary Hylarounic Acid Serum
Mario Badescu Cucumber spray
FAB cucumber moisturizer

Back