• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When is AC: 3DS coming out!?

Game Freak decided when they were going to release Pokemon, not Nintendo.
AC doesn't have their own developer, Nintendo runs the whole show there, just like with Mario and Zelda etc etc.
and PapaNer is making the most sense out of anyone in this thread.

Languages have lots to do with it, but the fact still remains that the US version uses the same.. whatever it is, that Japan uses, which is NTSC. EU uses PAL. That said, all they have to do is send over the english translated version to the US not long after they release it in Japan, but they'll still have to be working on all the languages from EU.

Thing about video games is, they don't just release in countries. When they say EU, they mean ALL of EU. So until it's ready for ALL of EU, it won't be out for them, hence the huge time gap. But with the US and Japan, they have way less languages, and way less countries to distribute to, hence the sooner release dates.
it's just how it is.

not quoting since yours is a long post, but i could have sworn i played my german friends version of WW and it was in english (yes he bought the game in germany)

also, i still doubt they'll release it in europe so long after the NA release, they rarely do it with games, they're releasing BW2 in europe 5 days after america. Why would they release AC X months after NA's release just because it's AC?
to me it just doesn't seem logical

#RespectingYourOpinion

Actually WW released in JA November and then NA December, and wasn't released until March of the following year in EU. It's happened before. It is not so illogical to think it'll happen again. I'm honestly not trying to argue with you, but a lot of what you say would not happen has happened already, as is why I base my theory on what all I've said.

Not all those countries have different languages xD , I'd say they're will be 6-9 languages :)

I know this, I just decided to grab a whole list to emphasize my point lol.

Languages have lots to do with it, but the fact still remains that the US version uses the same.. whatever it is, that Japan uses, which is NTSC. EU uses PAL. That said, all they have to do is send over the english translated version to the US not long after they release it in Japan, but they'll still have to be working on all the languages from EU.

Thing about video games is, they don't just release in countries. When they say EU, they mean ALL of EU. So until it's ready for ALL of EU, it won't be out for them, hence the huge time gap. But with the US and Japan, they have way less languages, and way less countries to distribute to, hence the sooner release dates.
it's just how it is.

Well, yeah, but NA would have heard an announcement by now if it were to release this year. Before I completely say not this year, I am holding out until August 19th (the next Nintendo Direct). And that will be focusing mostly on the Wii U anyways. If it doesn't come out this year, then probably early next year for NA. EU will probably have to wait a little longer, though.

Well, yeah, but NA would have heard an announcement by now if it were to release this year. Before I completely say not this year, I am holding out until August 19th (the next Nintendo Direct). And that will be focusing mostly on the Wii U anyways. If it doesn't come out this year, then probably early next year for NA. EU will probably have to wait a little longer, though.

Actually I think we haven't received an announcement about it yet because of the kind of debate we're having here. Nintendo get's mail and e-mail every day, and as soon as they announce that NA has it before EU by so much, they're proabably going to get flamed and have to handle all the drama from that.

I will say that I am 50/50 expecting an announcement of NA release date in this upcomming Nintendo Direct, but even if we hear nothing, I still think we have a good standing of a release this year.

whoo yes! that means i might be one of the first to get my hands on it! *outside japan that is*

I don't think NA will get an announcement until they have a more specific date than a season. Also, do you have a source for the next Nintendo Direct being August 19. I googled it, and I did not find it, therefore I do not think that Nintendo Direct exists.

I don't think NA will get an announcement until they have a more specific date than a season. Also, do you have a source for the next Nintendo Direct being August 19. I googled it, and I did not find it, therefore I do not think that Nintendo Direct exists.

I have not found a source either, but it is assumed there will be a ND in August, the date I only heard from here being the 19th.

The next ND is all about that new brain age game. I think it's this month, or maybe it already happened..

We probably won't get a for sure release date until Japan does. It's still at the point where they can go and delay it again if they want since nothing is final.

We probably won't get a for sure release date until Japan does. It's still at the point where they can go and delay it again if they want since nothing is final.

Speak not such blasphemy!

I understand that it's possible, but I think I might have to start jumping off cliffs if this happens.

Speak not such blasphemy!

I understand that it's possible, but I think I might have to start jumping off cliffs if this happens.

Japan will probably get a release date before the autumn season even begins, if not during autumn, so don't worry.

I don't want to think about it either, but that's the whole point to them and all gaming industries.
If you don't give an exact date, just an estimate, that gives you more time to work and plan, and if needed, you can push it further back.

But I seriously, very seriously, doubt they'll need another delay. The amount of positive feedback from the information they gave out recently shows that they are going in the right direction, and helps them decide the tough decisions on what should or shouldn't be in the game.

Really though, anyone living in Japan or the US/CA should expect to see this game on shelves before December at the latest.

I don't want to think about it either, but that's the whole point to them and all gaming industries.
If you don't give an exact date, just an estimate, that gives you more time to work and plan, and if needed, you can push it further back.

But I seriously, very seriously, doubt they'll need another delay. The amount of positive feedback from the information they gave out recently shows that they are going in the right direction, and helps them decide the tough decisions on what should or shouldn't be in the game.

Really though, anyone living in Japan or the US/CA should expect to see this game on shelves before December at the latest.

Agreed, though I very HIGHLY doubt that they will have another delay Japan since they announced it wold be in the fall, I think NA is only waiting, cause it could go maybe either way, fall or winter, and they want to make sure they don't have to make a delay.

Agreed, though I very HIGHLY doubt that they will have another delay Japan since they announced it wold be in the fall, I think NA is only waiting, cause it could go maybe either way, fall or winter, and they want to make sure they don't have to make a delay.

Well they announced way back it would be released in the Summer. That was.. what, a year or two ago? The advantage of throwing out an estimate is that it doesn't give consumers an exact date to wait on.
But with the releases, it would be weird for them not to release it in the US soon after they do in Japan, the games are just as popular here as they are over there.

Well they announced way back it would be released in the Summer. That was.. what, a year or two ago? The advantage of throwing out an estimate is that it doesn't give consumers an exact date to wait on.
But with the releases, it would be weird for them not to release it in the US soon after they do in Japan, the games are just as popular here as they are over there.

When did they ever announce a summer release back in 2010/2011? I really wasn't paying much attention to AC3DS then cause I didn't want to get myself hyped up for a game on a system I don't even have, but in December 2011, I got my 3DS and now I really want this game, I've been seeing info since it was first announced, but I guess I just missed when they said a release in the summer.

Well here is a big thing to me. Nintendo is releasing the 3DSXL next month, and a lot of people have said "I'll buy a 3ds when AC comes out!" because lets face it, 3D is really lame, at least in movies. I was SUPER sceptical until I played with my brother's gf's 3ds, and then I went out and bought my gf one, and then mine a few days later.

I don't really see the big need for the 3dsxl, but I know the inital 3ds lost lots of money and a price drop happened super quick. BUT if you have the choice between the two and it's only a $30 difference, then it makes sense to go with the newer, bigger version, hence more money for Nintendo.

SO, I think we are held still for so long because they want the release not only perfect, but after 3dsXL makes it to market. I also think they are holding the ac3ds date until after that because NA (more US than CA) has a lot of impulse buyers, and people who would justify $200 for an "upgrade."

So in this coming Nintendo Direct I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about how awesome the XL will be and then say, "Oh yeah, AC3DS is out in 2 months!"

That seems pretty likely.

Still kinda pissed that they made a 3DSXL after saying they weren't going to. They should have just made the XL version the first size and left it at that. But yeah.. I expect the same, talk about how nice the XL is and how it's so much better, then give a release date for AC like it's not even important.

Animal Crossing doesn't have an official release date. It's released to come out they just don't have a date. How do I know this? I got so sick of waiting I Emailed Nintendo asking them for the release date. Though I bet the date they do set is 2/30/13. I could imagine

Japan has an official release of Fall 2012 right now and Europe has a TBA 2013. So the only thing we're positive of is that Japan gets it this year, and Europe gets it next year. Everyone else, still speculation.

Back