• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which Switch games could you not put down? (That aren't AC:NH lol)

OOstin

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
For me, I would say Dragon Quest 11 and Breath of the Wild really sucked up a whole month of my life when I started them. I felt like I was taking those 2 games with me wherever I went to the point where I had to force myself to put the Switch down haha! :oops: How about you?

DQ11 and Smash Ultimate have the most hours, but ive taken a break from my switch and been playing a lot of 2DS games recently.

DQ11 and Smash Ultimate have the most hours, but ive taken a break from my switch and been playing a lot of 2DS games recently.
Ah, I have around 300 hours in Ultimate but mostly play at home because I play with the gamecube controller haha.

Monster Hunter GU because l love hunting and even it's not the most hours but it's the game that is the most fun. All the other switch games l own gets very boring or annoying when online. Like l have a hard time to get motivated to play other switch games.

Monster Hunter GU because l love hunting and even it's not the most hours but it's the game that is the most fun. All the other switch games l own gets very boring or annoying when online. Like l have a hard time to get motivated to play other switch games.
Monster Hunter GU is great. So is World if you ever get the chance to check it out! I feel that with most online games. I put some time into Splatoon 2, but without friends to play with it gets rather stale.

Monster Hunter GU is great. So is World if you ever get the chance to check it out! I feel that with most online games. I put some time into Splatoon 2, but without friends to play with it gets rather stale.
Oh l played World/Iceborne, Generations, 4U, 3U, Freedom Unite, XX, and MH Stories which l don't count. So l would know how good the games are!👍 (I know you wouldn't know about that...l was just saying) But world is least favorite because the monsters and the fandom ruined it. That's my opinion for it..sorry

But l agreed with Splatoon with having no friends to play with. I can't stand online with that game. I always would get bad teammates and l was always the one who was doing work. And of course the bad guy team gets better players. It's very rare for me to get good players on my team. And in rank battle it's like my team hardly try to fight. I been stuck at level 47 because of that reason. I haven't played the game in a while.

Last edited:
it would have to be pokemon sword and pokemon let's go trying to shiny hunt in both games

Breath of the Wild (played three times)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (twice)
Fire Emblem Three Houses (all four routes)

I've been playing Nintendo since the Gameboy/N64 but the Switch is easily my favourite.

BOTW.. the amount of time I spent on it in one sitting is probably more than ACNH and that's kind of crazy. Splatoon2 as well. Started it kind of late (2019) but still play it now, probably more than ACNH too.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses. It released on a Friday, so I spent all weekend playing, and continued to spend every waking hour outside of work playing it for two weeks. Most of it came from wanting to max a few of my units and becoming invested in the Blue Lions. Moved immediately into Black Eagles after, but have yet to play the DLC!

No regrets.

Even though I didn't play it on the Switch, I'll still count Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as it is on the Switch. I got it on release day, meant to only play it for an hour since I was in university at the time and wanted to focus on my homework and, oops, there went the rest of the day. It was definitely a struggle to avoid playing it every day for around a month and a half so I could actually get some university work + studying done, lol, though once I was done with my finals I just went all in on playing it until I 100%d it.

Super Mario Odyssey is another game I couldn't stop playing. It was the first game I played on my Switch, and since I got it during Christmas, I was able to just dive into it right away. It was so much fun and I just wanted to keep playing it until I 100%ed it, which I did a week or so after getting it.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is the only game in this post that I didn't actually play right away after getting it, lol, but while taking a break from sports/the internet, I wanted to just focus on something and it was the game on my backlog I was most drawn to. Once I started it, I didn't stop playing it until I beat it 100%, and man, it was worth it. Loved every second of it, regret having not played it sooner.

Lastly, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I got it last Christmas, it was one of my more anticipated games so I decided to play it first and, oh boy, I just got sucked in right away. I basically played it every moment I was awake for an entire week until I beat it. I've only done the one house/route (Black Eagles - Crimson Flower), since I needed to keep making progress on my backlog, though I definitely want to return to it and play through the other routes one day.

Like other have said, Breath of the Wild. I started playing after being burnt out on NH. Easily started tanking hours into it, loved the open world exploring, doing things when I wanted to, not when the game forced me to and having the freedom to do almost anything. If I wanted to find more horses I could, if I wanted to go feed the cows I could. I'm not restricted to any one certain area as other games, not just Zelda, force a player to be in.

Even after I got back into NH I still play BotW when I want a change.

[ Dinic ]

I recognize this is probably only due to having Pokemon as a special interest, but Pokemon Shield

like I know the new games are disliked due to how lacking them are, but we actually enjoy it and so that's why we play it

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Also Kirby Star Allies I was another until I... completely finished it lol

for a while DQ11 had me playing for over 2 hours a day lol. i haven't played it much recently which i regret because i love that game....
and back when my brother lived at the house I would constantly play BOTW on his switch. i LOVED that game with every ounce of my gamer being. I'm excited to get my own copy of it on my switch lite soon :) even if it might suck on the light ;-; good thing we have extra joy-con controllers since we also have a regular switch

definitely overwatch. I tried out the game trial a few days ago and I absolutely loved it so I bought it and now I can’t stop playing it.
(also I’m breaking the stereotype that “mei mains are heartless and evil” or whatever because I’m a pReTtY nice person and I main mei, and I also only freeze people when I have to as a last resort. also, I main mei not only because I find her fun to play as but I think she is an interesting and cute character too! she has mannerisms like a panda and I love it🥺 anyway, nice mei mains exist, get that through your thick skull. ok rant over baha)

Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
I'm pretty burned out from them though. Spent too long trying to reach a certain level on Splatoon back in May and i'm still burned out which sucks because my favorite Splatfest is coming up for a rerun. And with deluxe I spent too much time staring at the "can't connect to other consoles" screen lol

I have really putting a lot of time into rune factory 5 special and story of seasons friends of mineral town.

Back