• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

how?? cj always refers to flick as his "partner". does that not say anything to you??

Partner is not always romantic.
CJ and Flick have an obvious work relationship, and that is what partner is in reference to.

I'm not saying this as a do not ship them sort of thing, but in that implying romantic partners is not in fact the canon meaning behind the word. They are work partners and roommates, and whether they are actually romantically involved is up for interpretation. But in my book, Nintendo doesn't get the pat on the back for progressiveness when they aren't really being very progressive, lol.

( In Japan, they don't even have the gender neutral options America went with btw, which is why you still pick a male or female body type in the menu even tho it literally changes NOTHING AT ALL. In the JPN version, it does. )

Lopez forgot his shirts at Phil's house SO many times in New Leaf. But the mayor kept it a secret as requested.

I headcanon Tucker as transmasc and gay, Tom Nook as in love with K.K. 🥺, Rocket as a trans butch lesbian, Butch as butch he/him lesbian and Hans as a trans bisexual man.

None of them? None of the villagers canonically have sexual orientations. I think the only characters in AC that Nintendo added relationships too is Reese and Cyrus and maybe Pelly and Pete. Pelly and Pete aren’t together but it’s heavily implied that they like each other.

None of them? None of the villagers canonically have sexual orientations. I think the only characters in AC that Nintendo added relationships too is Reese and Cyrus and maybe Pelly and Pete. Pelly and Pete aren’t together but it’s heavily implied that they like each other.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Pelly likes Pete, but Pete has a crush on Phyllis, and Phyllis is just nasty to everyone and doesn't like anyone.

Sable and Tom Nook also apparently had a relationship at one point in dialogue from older games. It could've been changed since there is not any mention anymore.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I saw your post and wanted to add to it.

Gayle has serious wlw vibes.

I have a lot of ships and stuff for various villagers but it's all based on personal gameplay and how the different villagers meshed in my towns and on my island. I have uh... 5 new leaf towns so I have a lot of opinions on ships.

It’s such a basic pick but Dom is totally bi or gay. And this is no offense because I’m bi. He’s just so fluffy and funny and has that pride shirt going. Slay king

Lopez is bi and frustrated about it which is why hes a drama king

Phoebe is bi. Party animal all the time. She goes hard. Really hard

Agnes is bi queen

Ankha is asexual and aromantic

Wasn’t there dialogue implying Nook and Redd were partners in WW? I can’t remember how it went but I heard people shipped them over that… I would totally join in haha

- Julia is trans because she has the appearance of a male peacock, female peacocks called "peahens" are dull brown to camouflage and they don't have trains(those fancy tail feathers)
- Depending on their species all the female sheep villagers are trans because only some species of sheep have horns in both sexes most species of sheep though only the males have horns
- Sasha gives me trans/nonbinary/genderfluid vibes but he can be whatever he wants

I saw a rumor floating around on Reddit that Shari is lesbian. Since she’s on my island, I began wondering if it was true….

—Bob (not sure where he falls under the LGBT spectrum, but definitely not straight)

-Sherb, possibly gay or non-binary

—Rio, bi

—Flora, bi

—Not a villager, but Pave might be gay.

—Not a villager, but Niko might be figuring out his gender identity— at first I couldn’t tell what gender he was.

—Tobi— possibly gay

—Sasha seems gender non-conforming, so maybe non-binary? (Is true of some other villagers, too.)

—Shino is figuring things out, I guess?

—Tiffany has a drag look, but so do other snooty villagers. (Like Monique, though her look is based on Marilyn Monroe….)

—Mira?

—Olaf?

—Marshal?

—Maelle?

—There’s probably several others I’ve missed….

Most of my guy villagers aren’t necessarily LGBT, but when I give them a dress or hair ribbon— some are more comfortable wearing feminine clothes than others. Drago really likes the dresses I give him. (This could also be bc he says he doesn’t have other clothes so Idk.)

I called my newest Island Rainbow and the flag is the pride flag. My Island Tune is Windmills of Your Mind which was sung by Dusty Springfield who was a lesbian in life but not very open about it.

I'll do my New Leaf villagers ig:

Chevre - She is probably straight.
Camofrog - I'm not sure exactly what he would be but he definitely is not straight
Dotty - Maybe ace? I just don't see her wanting to date
Pierce - Bisexual
Opal - Straight asexual
Renee - Lesbian
Punchy - He's gay.
Marshal - Straight guy everyone thought was gay
Amelia - Straight, queen of allies

I personally headcanon Merengue as transfem, as she's the only female rhino with two horns like the male rhino villagers instead of one.

To be fair though, Animal Crossing isn't exactly keen on 100% accuracy with their designs, e.g. all female sheep villagers have ram horns. Screw it, all the female sheep are trans too! /j

based on a story i wrote for a tbt contest back in 2021, i have a headcanon that whitney and sprinkle are sort of friends-to-lovers. i haven’t given either of them labels since i’m not really comfortable doing that lol, and my headcanon doesn’t involve them being actually romantically involved, they’re just... kind of balancing on the line between being friends and girlfriends, and it’s slightly implied that they might get there one day in the story i wrote.

but besides that, i don’t really consider any of the villagers to be LGBTQ+, tbh. i don’t typically think of any animal characters that way, and so many of them seem sort of childlike that i don’t think about stuff like whether or not they have sexualities or different gender identities. 😅

I personally headcanon Merengue as transfem, as she's the only female rhino with two horns like the male rhino villagers instead of one.

To be fair though, Animal Crossing isn't exactly keen on 100% accuracy with their designs, e.g. all female sheep villagers have ram horns. Screw it, all the female sheep are trans too! /j
Some real life ewes have horns just like rams, it just depends on their species and genetics, just because the animal crossing ewes all own horns doesn't really indicate they are trans because it is entirely possible for real life ewes to own horns. I mentioned this in a another post in this thread

I ship Raymond and Marshal hardcore. I love them together so much ❤️

Back