• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

I tend to think of Katt and Tabby as romantic ace partners. IDK why. They just vibe with me that way.

I really want to put them as roomates on a vacation house so they have like their own little spaces in the house with the divider walls, but a little cuddle space in the middle to just enjoy one another's company. :3

sounds like Japan can't make up their mind

Actually, America seemingly just didn't want rep/the "confusion" of feminine men. [ At the time, at least. Can't speak for now. ]
Sahara, Gracie Grace and Blanca are men in Japan, and America said nah. Lol.

i hc shino and sasha as trans! i even thought they were gonna be the opposite genders when they were announced XD

FB-IMG-1640647617399.jpg

Raymond has been being LGBT as usual.

i am willing to bet that quinn is a lesbian. i mean, come on!!! she acts like your lesbian cousin, she wears eyeliner, shes just so fruity to me. shes on my island right now and as far as im concerned, she isnt leaving.

Actually, America seemingly just didn't want rep/the "confusion" of feminine men. [ At the time, at least. Can't speak for now. ]
Sahara, Gracie Grace and Blanca are men in Japan, and America said nah. Lol.

Right, I live in Japan and making fun of stereotypically feminine gay men is very common here, sadly. It's pretty bad... I feel like with Gracie in the Japanese version it comes off more in this way, so it's possible that's what they wanted to avoid overseas since it could be considered discriminatory.

For Sahara a lot of Japanese fans thought/still think that he is female. There are a lot of threads like, "what, Saharah isn't a girl!?"

I don't get why they'd change Blanca though. I would've understood making her non-binary.

Gonna just chime in that I watched Pecan and Tasha have the cutest conversation about admiring lipstick on one another and there was lots of blushing and mutual admiration and I think they'd be such cute girlfriends.

i am willing to bet that quinn is a lesbian. i mean, come on!!! she acts like your lesbian cousin, she wears eyeliner, shes just so fruity to me. shes on my island right now and as far as im concerned, she isnt leaving.

I have her on my island as well, and I agree. Gay big sis FTW! <3 I adore Quinn!

Right, I live in Japan and making fun of stereotypically feminine gay men is very common here, sadly. It's pretty bad... I feel like with Gracie in the Japanese version it comes off more in this way, so it's possible that's what they wanted to avoid overseas since it could be considered discriminatory.

For Sahara a lot of Japanese fans thought/still think that he is female. There are a lot of threads like, "what, Saharah isn't a girl!?"

I don't get why they'd change Blanca though. I would've understood making her non-binary.

At the time these characters were introduced at all, and honestly sadly even now, it's the same here. I don't think they were changed to avoid that, so much as they just didn't really support the rep. :'> We had a term that was VERY popular, ' meterosexual. ' If a ( cis, typically ) man cared at all about how he looked, was well groomed, etc. people immediately thought he couldn't POSSIBLY be straight, had to be into dudes, etc. ...

It's a little better now, but in non LGBT+ friendly circles, and a lot of people around 50y/o+ that I've met still hold this mindset.
[ In fact, an amusing but simultaneously exhausting example - my dad just had a baby a few years ago, and wouldn't even keep the yellow baby clothes gifted to him bc it was too feminine for his son. I asked what he'd say if the new baby turned out to not want to be a son in the future, and while he was supportive in saying that he'd be fine with that, as of the moment he didn't care and didn't want people to misgender him ... bc he was wearing yellow lol. Ah, closed mindsets all around ... ]

At the time these characters were introduced at all, and honestly sadly even now, it's the same here. I don't think they were changed to avoid that, so much as they just didn't really support the rep. :'> We had a term that was VERY popular, ' meterosexual. ' If a ( cis, typically ) man cared at all about how he looked, was well groomed, etc. people immediately thought he couldn't POSSIBLY be straight, had to be into dudes, etc. ...

It's a little better now, but in non LGBT+ friendly circles, and a lot of people around 50y/o+ that I've met still hold this mindset.

I grew up in the US so I know about both cultures and remember the term being used. I know it's not good over there too, but having experience in both cultures I can confidently say that it's a lot worse here. (I don't feel comfortable going into details here though) It also contributes to why there are so few openly gay people here comparatively.

The separation of men and women is more rigid here so the example didn't faze me, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'm back to state that Lily and Molly are a feminine cottage core lesbian couple and no one can change my mind. Thank you that is all~

I mean, an opinion doesn’t make someone a pos.
dude, a pos is not the same as /pos. /pos is a tone indicator which means whatever came before it is intended to be positive. tone indicators/tone tags are little letters that you can put after a message to show what its supposed to imply so messages arent misinterpreted. just trying to be respectful! and ofc obviously you know what a pos is. but yeah, there is a difference, and i wasnt trying to call someone a pos because of their opinion.
Post automatically merged:

No, not really.
ah, well, thats alright. i guess not everyone feels the same way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course, go ahead! Just stating that my opinion is that I have no opinion on this and would prefer not to take this topic into consideration for this particular game :)
I agree I feel like this is mostly just adding stereotypes onto gay people, like you can be gay and feminine but also gay and masculine, You can't tell by personality. But I guess it's not so bad to ship two characters, and they just happen to be gay.

Back