• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

Julia is trans for sure.

As for headcanons for villagers I have/had:

Ed is gay
Julian is gay
Tammy is bi
Kyle is gay
Eugene is bi

Really any of the rock/punk music inspired villagers are either gay or bi automatically to me.

he has the exact same dialogue as all jocks, none of them are coded any way it's 100% interpretation. you're reaching really far with that one. it's also not comparable considering this instance is just seeing a character as lgbt and the anime thing is being attracted to them.

anyway i'd imagine people aren't actually looking very far into it beyond just going "x is gay because why not"

sdfsd sry i didnt see vris' post before responding

The only part of this I will address is the opening sentence. All villager personalities are NOT coded to have the same dialogue, and haven't been since NL. Their 'style' plays a second factor, and will determine whether certain villagers will use certain dialogue.

Off the top of my head, this is why some Uchis will throw the 'Isn't this island big enough for the both of us' comment at you while some will never say it.

The only part of this I will address is the opening sentence. All villager personalities are NOT coded to have the same dialogue, and haven't been since NL. Their 'style' plays a second factor, and will determine whether certain villagers will use certain dialogue.

Off the top of my head, this is why some Uchis will throw the 'Isn't this island big enough for the both of us' comment at you while some will never say it.
oop, i have him and snake and they basically speak the same

either way though... it's not like theyre very unique lol

The slate is blank for all the villagers because their dialogue is downright bare unless you pester them enough to actually get unique dialogue that isn't 'Hey you collected fossils again, like you do every other day.'

You're free to create any kind of persona you want for the villagers, but that doesn't mean that it is canon. I am just saying this because on twitter (I really don't like the place) there are people that will defend their head-canon for villagers to the point of toxicity if you disagree with them.

oop, i have him and snake and they basically speak the same

either way though... it's not like theyre very unique lol
Agreed. I had hoped NH would've had a more integrated/expansive conversation system, but unfortunately it's more like NL 2.0...pretty much the same with a few extra slots of dialogue.

My islanders do what they want, but I'd like to think Ankha and Diva are lesbians (and were very in love in my New Leaf town but then had a dramatic falling out on my New Horizons island...will they ever make up?!?!?), Sylvana is pan and has a crush on everyone, Snake is ace, Judy and Flora are bi, and Chester is a baby gay. The rest (Huck, Tom, and Sly) are probably straight...but who knows!!

I think it's wonderful when people find representation in the media that makes them feel included and seen - whether it was the creator's original intention or not. To openly dismiss other people's opinions because you don't think talk about LGBTI representation and sexuality "belongs" in AC (despite there being numerous hetero couples) is homophobic. It shows you don't think LGBTI people deserve to feel included and represented in the media.
There are SO MANY LGBTI people in this community and on this forum (hello!!!)

Anywho! back to the actual topic. (I posted this pic on another thread but I'm bringing it back!) Chief and Wolfgang got married during wedding season and I couldn't have been more proud! 🌈 🌈 🌈 🌈 🌈

Ec8J-IbVAAA8D0H.jpeg

Also, CJ x Flick is real y'all.

Last edited:
Sasha - Genderfluid
Quinn - Gender non-confirming
Robin - Gender non-confirming
Chevre - Transgender

My original thoughts:

Sasha - Female
Quinn - Male
Robin - Male
Chevre - Male

Completely different 😐

Last edited:
Oooh and Reneigh is probably Bi. Aaah

Reneigh has a crush on my character who is a girl, so I agree. I would add that Velma seems lesbian or bi to me.

I think it's cute in the game that some villagers will have a crush on the player regardless of the player's gender.

On a side note--as a single person, I love that almost everyone in the game is single, lol.

Quinn gives me lesbian vibes from her purple color scheme, big sister personality, and house/dress style :)

Nan and Chevere are based off an old Japanese tale about a black and white goat that write letters to each other then eat the letters. They are best friend penpals SO THEY ARE NOT DATING. Its just a cute reference because alot of villagers are made like that.
I don't like to relate any sexuality to fiction animals made for a childrens game. I understand that representation is important but maybe... its something we should be teaching older people because it could detrimentally change a child's view on the world.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ

Last edited:
After spending the last hour sifting through Fandom, I can now say that every single one is LGBTQ, and no one can tell me different.

EDIT: More specifically, sisterly and peppy villagers are mostly lesbians, and jock and smug villagers are mostly gay, and the rest can be whatever. On my island, Flo, Audie, Pompom, Rodeo, and Marshal are all bisexual, and the sexualities/gender identities for the others are still pending.

Last edited:
TW: I have strong opinions on other peoples opinions:
Really hate when people say you can't discuss sexuality without it being sexualized ...
If I said I'm gay, if your first thought is how many dudes I'm sleeping with that's on you. All it means is I find men attractive. it's not inherently sexual, and you need to chill out rofl. Just like a 14 year old can know they're not fe/male, or know they're not into the opposite sex no matter how much their parents want to tease them about having a crush on their friends ( which is the ACTUAL creepy thing to be doing since most of the time it's like HEHE R U GONNA KISS HERRRR???? DO YOU GUYS WANNA GET MARRIED AND GIVE ME GRANDKIDS????? when they're like 12 ??? ). Stop being weird. :> It sounds incredibly phobic.

If you don't want to HC the animals having any sort of romantic endeavor, fine, but don't sit here acting like identity is immediately rated R. It isn't.

Anyway. My HCs regarding specifically my own neighbors !
Marshal and Raymond unendingly visit each other in my town. If they're not in my home, they're almost exclusively in each other's house ... the only other place I find Raymond is Dobie's house ( which I love, because I have headcanoned that Raymond teaches Dobie about newfangled technology and how to work a keyboard without henpecking ). So I'm pretty sure they're interested in each other.

I imagine Sasha is a cismale, bi curious leaning towards men but a bit reluctant to admit it because he feels like a stereotype feminine gay man.
Tiansheng, while comfortably het, will sometimes give Sasha a little nudge on their socmed accounts, trying to give him more confidence in his identity.
Audie is gay as H E L L. Lipstick lesbian, 200%. She has a little crush on Fuchsia, but loves to flirt with Judy.
Everyone else on this island [ Judy, Dobie, Lolly and Marshal ] I feel are probably cishet, though I'm totally open to them being otherwise, depending on how they end up presenting on my island with the other villagers.

On my second island ... I HC Petri as asexual, but a huge sapphic. Relatedly, I HC her as Cephalobot's creator ( and created them a vacation home together to indicate this ), and I also have assumed him ace, but he tries to replicate her romanticism for pretty ladies by flirting with them, though he does not actually understand that there is an attraction behind it. [ I also HC Sprocket as one of Petri's creations, and aro / ace. Coco is in a similar position, but more as an inanimate object brought to life. ]

Muffy is also totally gay. Idenfities as a lipstick ( goth ) lesbian. She's dating Cherry. She loves Homestuck and thinks of her relationship with Cherry as something kind of like Rose / Kanaya someday, haha.
Shino is non binary, going by she/they.

Stitches, he isn't too sure of anything around himself yet. Kind of like Pinocchio, he's a recently brought - to - life toy, and he's trying to grasp how life works, and the difference between the love he has for his [ deceased ] owner vs a romantic sort of love. He just loves everyone.

Lucky and Rasher are cishet. Pretty solid I think on Rasher, could be flexi on Lucky though.

Dom is definitely lgbt+, he's a jock rainbow wearing villager and if that doesn't scream gay rights, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Back