• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

i've mentioned my headcanons before, but i'm always down to be gay on main, so i'll do it again.

i've always headcanoned punchy and kid cat as dating (or crushing on each other) since they both moved into my second NL town. i'll never forget the day kid cat made me deliver the gift he bought for punchy, and it turned out to be a rainbow shirt that he was also wearing. now they're neighbors in my NH town, and they're constantly talking to each other and hanging around inside their homes.

i headcanon biskit and lucky similarly as lazy boyfriends. (also neighbors in my NH town.) i have cute screenshots of them discussing going on a trip together to try yummy tropical food. bless. i like to imagine them looking wide-eyed at butterflies and then chasing them when they fly off.

vivian is a lesbian, and i headcanon that she's long-distance dating (or crushing on) whitney since i don't plan to have her in my town. diana? also a big lesbian.

i currently have julia in my town, and she's basically canonically trans.

i haven't moved them in yet, but i've been imagining coco having a cute little crush on lolly. (since they'll be neighbors.) she's a lesbian, lolly's bi but completely oblivious.

henry is my gay king. love seeing that funky little frog waltzing around town with his handbag and green sunglasses. i've got multiple screenshots of him saying "i'm gay" because i put that as my favorite hobby and, for some reason, it's always him who brings it up lmaooo. an icon.

ketchup highkey gives me cishet vibes, but i can imagine her coming across the newest female pop sensation and being like 👀👀👀 sO-

a lot of the sisterly villagers give me big wlw vibes. someone once told me, a lesbian, that this was very not good because it's stereotyping, but the joke's on you because my mind hasn't changed. quinn, tabby, deirdre, cherry, fuschia, katt? all fellow women lovers. can't get enough of the women. absolutely in love with women. good for them, i say!

this is such a silly question. all of my villagers wear whatever they want too, whenever they want too. for instance, right now Lucky is wearing a pink towel wrap. YUP! my beautiful mummy dog is now metrosexual *sigh*.
politics of this kind do NOT belong in a childrens game. just my humble opinion.

this is such a silly question. all of my villagers wear whatever they want too, whenever they want too. for instance, right now Lucky is wearing a pink towel wrap. YUP! my beautiful mummy dog is now metrosexual *sigh*.
politics of this kind do NOT belong in a childrens game. just my humble opinion.

Please.
No one's forcing anything down anyone's throat, no one's saying it's canon, and you're coming off extremely phobic and rude saying people can't relate their own experiences to their game. It hurts absolutely NO ONE. Lol.

And please tell me how sexuality or identity is political. I would love to know why not falling under the "" societal norm "" is suddenly political. :)
I don't mean to start a whole a-- fight, but my dude, this kind of take is why people are still terrified to be themselves. This right here.

At 31, I STILL won't correct my mom on my name/pronouns because she starts a FIGHT with me about trans bathrooms and other such crap. It's absolutely ridiculous, and this is just an awful take, and I hope you'll get your head out of the ground and realize people can be trans/gay/cis/het/ace and it does not affect you, in any way, whatsoever.

Big yikes.

Also, it's not a children's game. Kid friendly does not mean marketed for and to children.

Please.
No one's forcing anything down anyone's throat, no one's saying it's canon, and you're coming off extremely phobic and rude saying people can't relate their own experiences to their game. It hurts absolutely NO ONE. Lol.

And please tell me how sexuality or identity is political. I would love to know why not falling under the "" societal norm "" is suddenly political. :)
I don't mean to start a whole a-- fight, but my dude, this kind of take is why people are still terrified to be themselves. This right here.

At 31, I STILL won't correct my mom on my name/pronouns because she starts a FIGHT with me about trans bathrooms and other such crap. It's absolutely ridiculous, and this is just an awful take, and I hope you'll get your head out of the ground and realize people can be trans/gay/cis/het/ace and it does not affect you, in any way, whatsoever.

Big yikes.

Also, it's not a children's game. Kid friendly does not mean marketed for and to children.

first off, im not phobic At All. i have gay friends, two of my brothers children *who are nearly 18 years old* are dating transexuals. i have dated my own gender as well. i have absolutely No Problem with gays what-so-ever.
what my issue is is that this is a childrens game, and sexuality should not be introduced to children because they are not mature enough to understand it in real life scenarios...thats what makes it a political issue.
it doesnt affect me personally *the trans bathrooms do though*, but i do have concerns when adult issues are put into childrens games. if a game like FarCry dressed their NPC's up like they were in the film rocky horror picture show it wouldnt be a problem because of the adult content in the game...but were not talking farcry here. were talking about a game thats built specifically for children regardless of whether or not adults play it as well.

first off, im not phobic At All. i have gay friends, two of my brothers children *who are nearly 18 years old* are dating transexuals. i have dated my own gender as well. i have absolutely No Problem with gays what-so-ever.
what my issue is is that this is a childrens game, and sexuality should not be introduced to children because they are not mature enough to understand it in real life scenarios...thats what makes it a political issue.
it doesnt affect me personally *the trans bathrooms do though*, but i do have concerns when adult issues are put into childrens games. if a game like FarCry dressed their NPC's up like they were in the film rocky horror picture show it wouldnt be a problem because of the adult content in the game...but were not talking farcry here. were talking about a game thats built specifically for children regardless of whether or not adults play it as well.

The fact you immediately pulled the I CAN'T BE X BECAUSE I HAVE Y FRIENDS as your first argument tells me all I need to know about this. I will not waste any further time or bring this thread into inflammatory territory.

Have a good evening.

all i'm going to say on this is:

-you can have gay friends or even be LGBT+ and still be -phobic. it's your attitude, not your own identity, that 'decides' that.
-sexuality and identity are not sexual and are perfectly fine to be introduced to children.
-sexuality and identity are not inherently political.
-sexuality and identity are not an "adult issue" or an issue at all.
-animal crossing is rated PEGI 3. that means everyone 3 and up, not everyone 3 and below. it's not built 'specifically' for children. in fact, every advertisement i've ever seen for new horizons has featured teens and up.

this topic is for people to discuss their LGBT+ headcanons for villagers, not effectively denounce others for doing so because "politics" and "gays are inherently sexual".

sexuality IS an adult issue. im not talking about genders here, im talking sex/sexuality.
that being said i appreciate your willingness to talk to me about this issue because its been on my mind for awhile with this game. they Do have some items in the game that i also do not deem appropriate for children...and when i say children im talking about the actual children that are not teens here, im talking about 1-12 year olds. i just dont believe its appropriate to discuss sexuality with those that are That young.
i have always considered this game as a 'for children' game and not an adult game. i totally get that when children reach a certain age that sexuality should be discussed openly.
identity is not an adult issue so i understand where youre coming from with that.

sexuality IS an adult issue. im not talking about genders here, im talking sex/sexuality.
that being said i appreciate your willingness to talk to me about this issue because its been on my mind for awhile with this game. they Do have some items in the game that i also do not deem appropriate for children...and when i say children im talking about the actual children that are not teens here, im talking about 1-12 year olds. i just dont believe its appropriate to discuss sexuality with those that are That young.
i have always considered this game as a 'for children' game and not an adult game. i totally get that when children reach a certain age that sexuality should be discussed openly.
identity is not an adult issue so i understand where youre coming from with that.

sex is an adult issue. sexuality is not. the two are related, but they are not the same thing, and sexuality can exist without sex or the mention of it. there's nothing sexual about saying, "that woman wants to marry other women, not men" or "that man likes holding hands with other men, not women". children aren't stupid. they experience their first crushes from as young as five or six, and i know that because i had crushes on other girls around the same age lmao. children know full well what relationships are because of their parents and couples they see in public. it's only adults who have decided, for god knows what reason, that as soon as those relationships involve two people of the same-sex, sex itself is suddenly relevant and children's little ears shouldn't be corrupted with the knowledge that girls can like girls and boys can like boys. sexuality should be discussed openly regardless of age. believe me, it saves a lot of confusion and self-loathing later in life.

Please take a minute to read the following staff posts that were made in the other thread like this one.

Let's try to lighten the tone in this thread. It would be a shame to see it locked.

This isn't the sort of topic that requires debate. Everything expressed is an opinion where there is no way to tell who is right or who is wrong, so little is achieved by openly disagreeing with another person's interpretation of a villager.
As another member of the staff has already addressed some of the issues taking place in this thread, any and all posts that deviate too far from the thread's purpose going forward will be removed and the poster(s) may receive a formal warning. There is no harm in people sharing their LGBTQ+ headcanons, and coming into a thread specifically dedicated to this purpose solely to tell people they're wrong only creates a hostile environment, which we'd obviously like to avoid.

Please keep to the thread topic from here and simply skip the thread if it doesn't interest you.

As quoted above, feel free to not post in the thread if you are not interested in being a part of this discussion. Please also keep in mind that this is a discussion taking place on a forum and doesn't exist in the game itself. While this forum does have teenage members, young children are not allowed to register and most members are adults.

Back on topic, I refuse to give Nintendo the credit of having done it with this intention, considering they changed several NPCs genders because that's somehow better than men reading as feminine, cough .........
But Flick and CJ are so painfully and unapologetically gay, I love it, thank you.

I scrolled through a little bit but not all the way. If it hasn't been mentioned before, Papi. Okapi females lack horns. So he may be a good fit for your theme if you like him.

i havent thought of any specific villagers being lgbt (except julian) but i really love CJ and Flick being referred to as "roommates" on many occasions

I feel like people who seem to dislike this topic seem to forget one of the most important things about Animal Crossing:
This game is basically just head canon simulator.
The fact that villagers are set up in such a blank and simple slate with relatively blatant characterization with little subtle details on the side is basically fodder for that, and that’s the point. Animal Crossing is about making our own stories, building our own experiences, and constructing our own worlds, and over time we build identities of that world ourself. There’s nothing wrong with making up some context in a game full of people who are basically just living their ordinary lives. When it comes to identity it’s natural for people to want to both have a world they connect with by having similar people in it, and to want a more rich and diverse world in order to have characters who stand out more. When it comes to romantic shipping, romance is an ordinary thing in day to day life, irregardless of sexuality or identity, and the two don’t necessarily need to be the same.
Live and let live, and don’t judge people for making headcanons, that’s legitimately the entire point of the game, and if you don’t have any than you’re not playing the game right.

Also I fully believe that Julia and Papi being trans isn’t just a fun little headcanon that people agreed with: Nintendo gave both of their villagers that are designed in reverse to their gender’s species dimorphism default clothes that are stripped in pink, light blue, and white; they totally knew what they were doing and I fully believe they wanted to give a little nod without being on the nose enough to get certain people up in arms over it.

Wolfgang on my island is at the very least metro, but definitely queer. He reminds my of my favorite greatuncle, old and sassy but very sweet.
He also always dresses to a T, but thats unrelated 😅
Ankha is gay fo sho, and Coco seems asexual to me. Love them all so much

Wow, this went a bit off topic. Anyway, since we have eight newly added villagers to the game, I feel like Sasha fits the bill. Although, I think any villager can be in tbt community. It doesn’t matter what they look like or how they present themselves. Anyone with any appearance can get straight, gay, trans, etc. It’s not good to make judgements based on what someone, or in this case, a villager, looks like.

Back