• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Who else thinks that the Nintendo switch is a boring console?

Kit/Kitsune

Why is the sky blue?
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
it seems like the other consoles before that had more personality with the bios music and everything, makes me sad that the switch don't have that :(

It has absolutely 0 personality other than the joycon click noise. That was really nice at first but the rest of it is so barebones. I've loved the lifeline of the switch for the most part but it's becoming a bit stale now...

I think so too.
It had much potential. the entire concept was very unique, but that is where it ended. the console itself, other than design wise, lacks personality. in my opinion, i do not think that is debatable. the UI is very bland and unappealing. the 3DS had multiple unique themes with unique music and sound effects to accompany it, as well as the badge arcade. the switch really only has two default themes, both of which are nothing but visuals.

I am a little surprised Nintendo didn't put up wallpapers for pennies or more of the interesting switch editions. I felt like a bit more graphics could have been put on most of the editions tbh.
Though I can't say I'm a fan of the 2 screens of the DS family, they did put in more effort for nice editions. Maybe them having a lid helps, but joycons could have character faces and game logos more often.
I do think the Zelda editions of the switch and even the switchlite were the best ones released.
Maybe Nintendo could have done something with their game music and NOS.

Back