• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will Luck Be on Your Side This Friday the 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1605297561555.png

1605297475259.png

Let me in there. 👀

Jee i feel the hunt egg hunt thrill once again 😂 . That was fun 🖤

I feel so ready fore egg hunt now that i participated in now, i need a new egg hunt hahaha, please let there be one more for xmas, like a toy hunt 😂

I think we def need more emojis for the like button, absolutely need one with a laughing face ! hahah. You guys are hilarious btw 😂

uhhh i don't think the whole white van thing is a great joke esp on a forum that welcomes kids

I think most (if not all) kids are taught about stranger danger and the white van trope by the age of 13 (I'm assuming TBT has the same rules as other sites where you have to be at least 13 to join), so I don't think there's too much harm in using it as a joke.

We are teaching them about stranger danger

Still slightly distasteful. Most people will get the joke, but some will feel uncomfortable towards it. It wouldn't matter as much if this forum was for older teen and adults, but I know for a fact there are a few kids on here as well as parents.

Still slightly distasteful. Most people will get the joke, but some will feel uncomfortable towards it. It wouldn't matter as much if this forum was for older teen and adults, but I know for a fact there are a few kids on here as well as parents.
Guys let’s ban all children

as @NefariousKing stated, there is an age limit in regards to members. at 13, i was joking about much worse things than a white van marked with free candy.

considering it's an in game design from NL (that was pointed out to me because i'm a newb), relates to the candy event, and even has the colours of the spray paint in the same format as the collectible itself, i personally don't see an issue with it. :unsure:

I think most (if not all) kids are taught about stranger danger and the white van trope by the age of 13 (I'm assuming TBT has the same rules as other sites where you have to be at least 13 to join), so I don't think there's too much harm in using it as a joke.

I get both opinions! and without trying to start a fire I also think that sometimes we all are oversensitive and i am not saying that it is an unimportant matter or it should be humored, not at all! But its still a halloween event and a white van or black van or a van as a matter of fact is like a kind off universal symbol of danger, as mothers worn their children to never get close to one. It is a symbol used in many horror movies and tv shows.

I do wish who ever feels bad or has mixed feeling about this, does not take the reference to the heart and knowns it is not meant to hurt anyone

I think it is just a joke, a well-known one at this point since the van and candy have been mocked and taught since the 90s. Made me snicker personally. We know it's based on this yellow candy possible scam from Jack the Halloween czar- well Friday the 13th czar. So there's not much danger for anything but your tbt here.

True, some could find it uncomfortable. To those that do find it distasteful, hope you are all doing ok. We only have about 8 hours left of this event, then the van will drive back into the woods.

as @NefariousKing stated, there is an age limit in regards to members. at 13, i was joking about much worse things than a white van marked with free candy.

considering it's an in game design from NL (that was pointed out to me because i'm a newb), relates to the candy event, and even has the colours of the spray paint in the same format as the collectible itself, i personally don't see an issue with it. :unsure:
there's a difference between crude jokes made by 13 year olds amongst each other and adults presenting crude jokes to 13 year olds, this is the latter and isn't very appropriate

like sorry guys but i don't think "just like a real life predator! tee hee!" is a good joke for an adult-run forum that's 13+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back