• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will Luck Be on Your Side This Friday the 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait hold up are people getting offended by the basement joke of our free candy van seriously? 😐

Unfortunately, this is not a unique joke and it has been around for a while. So maybe some people are allowed to feel like this joke is distasteful and the least we can do is listen to them as they listen to us.βœ¨πŸ’–

Unfortunately, this is not a unique joke and it has been around for a while. So maybe some people are allowed to feel like this joke is distasteful and the least we can do is listen to them as they listen to us.βœ¨πŸ’–
I'm not saying people aren't allowed to not like the joke and I am listening to you guys but this shouldn't be an argument. Everyone knows it's a joke so let's leave it at that βœ¨πŸ’•

I'm not saying people aren't allowed to not like the joke and I am listening to you guys but this shouldn't be an argument. Everyone knows it's a joke so let's leave it at that βœ¨πŸ’•
the discussion isn't about whether it's a joke or not it's about whether it's appropriate and/or in good taste, slapping sparkles and heart emojis on everything doesn't make it okay

@6iixx i feel i am getting the candy now, OMG, for real now such an altruistic act i feel blessed and if i dont win anything docent matter cause you warmed my heart today πŸ’› ✨

the discussion isn't about whether it's a joke or not it's about whether it's appropriate and/or in good taste, slapping sparkles and heart emojis on everything doesn't make it okay
The mods decided it was appropriate so therefore it is. Take it up to them if you don't find it appropriate and want it changed.

I just want to stop everything here and make an "official" statement about the van before things get too heated and this event loses its focus.

We understand that some of you don't find the banner image funny, and that's perfectly okay. However, we don't agree that it being there is in any way harmful to children, and if we thought for one second that there would be any risk to a child by putting Zipper's RV in the banner it wouldn't be there. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinions, but after a discussion within the staff we are going to keep the banner as it is until 12am EST. We hope that the majority of you understand our intent. :)

some people still see it as distasteful, not as a joke but whether or not putting the van there was appropriate given the nature of this site, and they are allowed to feel that way. it’s not hard to respect others opinions πŸ™‚

I just want to stop everything here and make an "official" statement about the van before things get too heated and this event loses its focus.

We understand that some of you don't find the banner image funny, and that's perfectly okay. However, we don't agree that it being there is in any way harmful to children, and if we thought for one second that there would be any risk to a child by putting Zipper's RV in the banner it wouldn't be there. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinions, but after a discussion within the staff we are going to keep the banner as it is until 12am EST. We hope that the majority of you understand our intent. :)
Pop off sis!!!

πŸ₯° not that you needed more look at all the feckin candy you got!

I know but im scared to that % to be honest, but i am having tons of fun too so its a great unlucky Friday the 13th if you ask me !

B8620DB7-3774-4030-A4D2-2C966E693FCB.jpeg
Eyyyy, the queen of tbt had spoken

Yes queen βœ¨πŸ’•

Well put! I myself have no problem with it, but there are other folks here with different comfort levels. We shouldn't invalidate their thoughts even if they don't line with our own.

No clue if staff will change it or not, but if there's any other idea that can be put there in place, 2-D's idea is rather funny as well. Especially if it's Wix managing the stand. lmao

Edit: Oh got sniped by Oblivia, nevermind. πŸ˜…

True, some could find it uncomfortable. To those that do find it distasteful, hope you are all doing ok. We only have about 8 hours left of this event, then the van will drive back into the woods.
I think people should stop being so sensitive about everything and learn to take a joke . I personally find it so annoying people get β€œtriggered” and offend over EVERYTHING now a days. Everything is about being politically correct etc.. when I was growing up we where taught to laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back