• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will Luck Be on Your Side This Friday the 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has to do with how computers track time. They count how much time has passed since a certain point, and they have to start counting somewhere. For a lot of systems, midnight December 31, 1969 (or January 1st, 1970) is "time zero", and they'll keep count from there.

So probably, the only thing this means is that they either messed up the creation date and the database has it as "0" which is that time, or they did this intentionally to make sure they could keep these yellow candies separate from the ordinary ones. :D

I wouldn't go looking for a deeper meaning. :p

Seems like a lot of the older collectibles are from 1969, the only one's that seem to have the right date are the newest collectibles starting from the Summer Shell. They probably haven't input the data needed for the older ones since moving to 3.0. 🤔

That has to do with how computers track time. They count how much time has passed since a certain point, and they have to start counting somewhere. For a lot of systems, midnight December 31, 1969 (or January 1st, 1970) is "time zero", and they'll keep count from there.

So probably, the only thing this means is that they either messed up the creation date and the database has it as "0" which is that time, or they did this intentionally to make sure they could keep these yellow candies separate from the ordinary ones. :D

I wouldn't go looking for a deeper meaning. :p
69 funny number and the mods r children that’s why
enjoy

Seems like a lot of the older collectibles are from 1969, the only one's that seem to have the right date are the newest collectibles starting from the Summer Shell. They probably haven't input the data needed for the older ones since moving to 3.0. 🤔

That would make perfect sense! They're set to January 1st, 1970 for me, but that might be because the site does some sort of time zone conversion as well. :D

69 funny number and the mods r children that’s why

Nice.

I bow to your superior reasoning skills, I hereby formally drop my theory in favour of yours :LOL: <3

I’m sticking with ten candy’s I hope will get one at the end of this good luck to all of us

woow some of you bought over 50?? holy crud 😮 i'd say thats like at least guaranteed one candy but idk the probability of this. i've already come to terms with my three sweet children staying yellow and i will love them regardless

I'm stopped at 17 candies. I really should have stopped at 13 or 5. I expect none of them to change but that's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back