• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will you abandon New Leaf when New Horizons releases?

I go back and forth. I haven't played NL in months. When I do play I don't play for very long, but I wouldn't abandon it completely...not yet anyway.
I can't wait for NH to come out and will probably be all consumed with it (unless I really don't like it) As far as all the Animal Crossing games I think I just get bored of it once I accomplish everything I want in the game, then I want to start from scratch again. I think I just go too fast and play too much and burn out.
I am going to TRY and play NH at a slower pace and see if that helps. Animal Crossing is my favorite franchise and I have played all of them except City Folk as I didn't have a wii. But every other version I had multiple cartridges and played them constantly (until the boredom set in, which usually happened once I got things decorated how I wanted and completed the catalogue etc.)

Above was my original response, but I played my NL this week for the first time in like 8 months and I was pretty bored of it in about 15 minutes. I went around looking at all the houses I made and decorated, and the rooms I made at the museum and meh, there just isn't anything else about it that made me want to play. I was actually thinking I may sell my DS because all the games I play on it I am kind of bored with. I know that I do like going back to them here or there like I did with NL just to look around, but that is just it, why keep a system and all these games just to spend 15 minutes looking around?!

Last edited:
I bet I'll abandon my towns when NH comes out, but I'm sure ill keep coming back at least every year to check up on it and get back in to it, like what happened last month.

NOO!! YOU DON'T YOU MUST NOT!!

I know I'll be the last one in the NL section and would be posting something like

I want someone to visit me.
I haven't seen you anyone for so long..
I'm lonely

Well now I can't leave! The two of us will be left together. We will be queens of the New Leaf board.

I most likely will not abdon Animal Crossing New Leaf. I will most likely split my time amoung Animal Crosssing New Leaf, Animal Crossing New Horizons and Animal Crossing Happy Homes Deisginer with somthing like this:

60% Animal Crossinf New Horizons
20% Animal Crossing New Leaf
20% Animal Crossing Happy Homes Designer

I will a 100 percent. I haven't played new leaf for ages now and I've already played it to death.

I love the visuals of the new animal crossing, it looks really whimsical and fresh. :)

Yea for the most part,,,
I wont completely drop NL though, I'll play it occasionally for nostalgia or somethin', but NH will be the main game I play

Thats a hard call to make before the game comes out to be honest, I have some concerns and queries about the game and I don't actually have a switch yet (too expensive) but with the release of the lite, it looks like I can afford it now. Point being I'm not sure if I will prefer handheld playing or not. I will probably play new leaf less but I won't abandon it, I like my handhelds too much and I don't feel anywhere near done with new leaf. Had it for a couple of years (but only played it for some amount of months since ya know, I go through my gaming phases and animal crossing phases) but have the tendency to reset before completing a town because I honestly find getting a new town more exciting. With two copies I now have a reset town and a make "perfect" town. Once that is finally complete then maybe I will abandon it? Who knows. I have never played any games for more than a few consecutive months (Again I go through phases) so it will be interesting to see...

I am going to abandon my NL town. cuz imma put my heart and soul into NH baby.
No doubt about it.

I've already been on and off on NL anyways. (mostly off)

nop, i love New Leaf. And i'm super excited for NH but i doubt it will have the same feel as NL, i think they will be very different, and thus i think i'll enjoy playing both at the same time without getting bored

On March 19th, I'm going to do one last "hurrah" for my New Leaf town. First, I'll drop a bone (fossil) for Isabelle in front of town hall, because she is a good dog. Then I'll go and experience everything that New Leaf had to offer: nightclub, dream suite, minigames, etc. I might do more, but I haven't decided yet. In any case though, I'll end the day by sitting under the town tree one last time, maybe have a good cry, and go to bed.

A few years later I might come back to my New Leaf town just to see how run down it has become. It's dark, I know, but it would be interesting to see, like those pictures of people going back to there Gamecube towns.

i'd most likely say so- the graphics in new horizons already looks very promising, and given that most of us are waiting around for it to come out, i figure new leaf will be fairly deserted on its release. i don't know if i can handle playing new leaf and new horizons at the same time - i'd never get out of the house otherwise!

Most likely yes, as I’ve burned myself out by having too many towns (and all those hours of plot resetting before the 2016 really take the fun out of it) so what I’m doing now ATM is making my towns look better (only have 3 towns now, one being my main, and the other 2 being a theme) via save editing so I don’t spend hours and it gives my actual ds a break

Then again, I don’t know if I’ll be playing NH either...I’ll see if I like it once 2020 comes and the last bit of info comes out before March 20th, and even then if that doesn’t satisfy, I’ll look at a LP of it...it’s usually how I decide if I want a game or not.

Oh absolutely. To be quite honest I already kind of have even though I've never stopped loving it - I just kinda got burnt out, especially when my friends who played stopped playing. Right now I'm trying to just restart my entire town and maybe play it until New Horizons releases, because I've never really had a town I'm 100% satisfied with, and every time we get new info I just... really wanna play Animal Crossing, and Pocket Camp isn't ever enough for me. Lmao. If only I'd stop being picky about the layout haha.

The thing about New Horizons is that already I can tell there are SO MANY new features and little quality of life changes that just makes me realistically believe it'll be impossible / kind of pointless for me to personally go back. However, that won't change the amount of love New Leaf has in my heart. Seriously, few games make me as sentimental.

Back