• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will you be resetting for the update?

Like many others, I'm not going to reset. Animal Crossing has always been a "work in progress" kind of game for me. I enjoy taking it slow, making small changes here and there and working my way towards the ideas that I have. Plus I'm way too attached to my villagers. I feel like I was quite lucky to get them all through random islands. Then there's my fabulous green airport that I love so much and, of course, the catalog and the DIY recipes. Last but not least my custom designs. They aren't many, but I wouldn't want to lose those either. :blush:

No. The only thing I have to make room for right now are for the new vegetables. I don't plan to use the extra two bridges and inclines at this moment.

I finally completed my museum last month (the art section was the last one to finish). Don't want to redo that over again. I got Audie in August after spending a year looking for her. I've gotten all of the DIYs and cataloged all the items. Not to mention Nook Miles achievements. Plus, I have over 20 million bells saved up.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to reset for a long time, but hadn't yet because I didn't have much of a reason to play anymore. I told myself that if we ever got a big update I would finally reset.

As soon as I read the the direct was going to be 20 minutes long I reset my island in anticipation. 20 minutes sounded like enough time to fit A LOT of new content. I'm super happy I restarted. I'm having fun playing through the tutorial while I wait for the new content!

Just note one thing: if you do restart, a lot of the new content may be locked for quite some time if you are not a time traveler. So if you want to experience the new content straight away, it may be unwise to restart.
You do have a point there, but I do time travel but I get it, your point still stands.

Immediately after the direct I was pretty tempted to reset, as I’d barely touched my island since January, and a fresh start seemed less daunting that trying to reconnect to my island. Since then I’ve been slowly terraforming some spaces and planning some changes and I’m now feeling more warmth towards Gont again, so I’m probably going to stick with my current island and just keep slowly trying out ideas.

Witbout the ability to keep my DIY and Catalog its way to much effort to reset. I'm happy with my current island and I can't wait to get my hands on the new items to spruce it up further.

Resetting will slow you down a bit.

• The Roost will likely require x-amount of donations to the Museum, and require the art gallery.
  • Kapp'n may need to be unlocked. It's unknown whether he is there from the start or if he is unlocked through development.
  • Kapp'n will use some of your Nook Miles, and Nook Miles are hard to come by in the beginning because you're using them to unlock other things
  • The shops on Harv's islands will probably require millions of bells to build.
  • Extra house storage will require you to pay off your home, and cost millions.

It might be better to experience the update and reset later if needed. Who knows, maybe we'll get a New Game+

No, but I've already began flattening and clearing out areas that I'm not 100% happy with.
I was already wanting to do this, so the update is exactly the push I needed.

No lmao
Too much time and never finished my island so the new items added made me so happy because I can now add a lot of them and finish it C:
I've only ever rested an AC town once in New Leaf but I really don't see the point of doing that in this one since terraforming is a thing

No, it's too much work. Also I have some villagers I adore that I don't have Amiibo cards for such as Audie, Beau, Colton, and Fauna.

I wouldn't if I still had mine. The DIYS are a process itself. And if you wanted to terraform your new island (most end up wanting too) that is also another thing to work through. I think I would probably just remodel some areas of the current island. Or pick out new villagers to get.
If you want a fresh start as something to work on for the time being because you are bored or just want something different, I would pull out an older ac game to do that with that you haven't touched for a while and save your island for the update drop.

I’m going to! I’m planning on starting in a few days so I can do a bit of the beginning stuff before the update. I’ve never really had a theme in the past, so I’ll probably not have one now, I’m just too indecisive to stick with one 😅 I plan on going slowly as well though and probably staying off of the internet so I’m not spoilered accidentally! Good luck with resetting! c:

I'm having a dilemma about that. I bought an OLED......my island is on the old switch that I will give to my son but he's young so I don't want to stick him with a new island.......but I can't make him Island rep.......plus while I mostly love my island, transferring seems like a big production and there are a few things I would have changed if I had known when starting (I hate where my RS is).......it looks like the original island is staying in one form or another, I just can't decide if I should start new on the OLED......and also, if I can change the older switch to be linked to my son without messing up the island.

no I won’t be starting over (as much as I wish I could change my island name) it would seem like a huge waste with all the time I currently have in the game. plus my island was never completed (and probably never will be lol) anyways so I have plenty of space to add new things without having to destroy everything or start fresh. I don’t ever see myself resetting.

I doubt it. I reset twice this year already (once because my old Switch broke and I lost all my data, another because I was bored) and I don't have the time or energy to do that again lol I will probably just redesign my island to make space for new things.

nope, im in the middle of figuring out a theme for my island and completing my museum.

Heck No; I'm NOT resetting;

I'm quite happy with my island; and am NOT undoing all the Progress I've made for more than a year at this point in time. . .

Back