• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Working at The Roost?

I'm sure it won't be an average hourly-wage job. It'll probably be like what you did for Tom Nook. Just run a couple errands (serve a couple cups of coffee) and you're done.

If it's something like that I'm sure it'll be enjoyable. I thought it was pretty fun working for Nook at the start of each game.

Though I hope it's not TOO simple. Maybe you get to choose what to mix into the coffee to fill a customer's order? Like they give a brief description of what they want, and then you try and make it.

Wait wait wait... so I'm guessing it's like working part-time??? This will be AWESOME!!! Only because I run out of things to do to earn money/run out of trees to pick fruit from!! That would be amazing!! .....But scarily realistic to my actual job XDD hahaha

Perhaps we would be able to choose when we would want to work, instead of having "shifts". Maybe we would just walk in, get behind the counter, Brewster would say something like, "Are you here to work today?", and we would select either a yes or no option. Likewise, we'd be able to choose when we would want to stop working. I can't see being behind the counter for more than twenty minutes at a time. That just seems dragged out.

Also, I'm thinking a neighbor would come in every few minutes or so, we serve them coffee, talk for a bit, and then they leave. Maybe we'd make a few deliveries, as well. All just speculation here.

Oh, and the special furniture may be similar to how we collect special furniture for holidays and whatnot. A "Brewster" or "caf?" collection, maybe. Perhaps we'd get a new piece whenever we get a step closer to making friends with Brewster, or when we've served a set amount of coffee. *shrugs*

Perhaps we would be able to choose when we would want to work, instead of having "shifts". Maybe we would just walk in, get behind the counter, Brewster would say something like, "Are you here to work today?", and we would select either a yes or no option. Likewise, we'd be able to choose when we would want to stop working. I can't see being behind the counter for more than twenty minutes at a time. That just seems dragged out.

Also, I'm thinking a neighbor would come in every few minutes or so, we serve them coffee, talk for a bit, and then they leave. Maybe we'd make a few deliveries, as well. All just speculation here.

Oh, and the special furniture may be similar to how we collect special furniture for holidays and whatnot. A "Brewster" or "caf?" collection, maybe. Perhaps we'd get a new piece whenever we get a step closer to making friends with Brewster, or when we've served a set amount of coffee. *shrugs*
Your speculations match mine. I doubt we would have to commit shifts. Or at least I really hope we don't. Wild World was annoying enough with animals wanting to come and see my house and I would have to wait for 45 minutes just to let them. I don't want to be committed to the Roost.

Your speculations match mine. I doubt we would have to commit shifts. Or at least I really hope we don't. Wild World was annoying enough with animals wanting to come and see my house and I would have to wait for 45 minutes just to let them. I don't want to be committed to the Roost.

I hope not, either. I hated having to let animals come over my house, especially when the same animal wants to come over every other day. -__- Having to wait 45 minutes just made it worse, because I'd either be done playing the game for the day by then, or I'd forget and then the animal gets mad/sad.

This is great! I was wondering why the cafe got to be one of the few shops in town. :p I agree, I think you go to the counter, say: 'I want to work!' to work, every so minutes someone will come in (and wasn't Shizue one of the people the player served in one of the photos on the twitter account? If so, then we can give coffee to shop owners/other characters - yay!) and ask for some coffee, do some coffee deliveries and then just say 'I want to stop!'. The bells you get at the end/furniture depends on how long you worked. Can someone show me where they say that you get furniture though? Also, I wonder (since it's called a cafe) if they sell other foods like the ice cream we saw?

Maybe you get to choose what to mix into the coffee to fill a customer's order? Like they give a brief description of what they want, and then you try and make it.

that sounds likely. Also, maybe Brewster gets phone calls or something and you have to deliver to people's houses?

Well there will always be all kinds of ways to get bells for yourself (like fishing, which has always been my source of income in-game), this is just a more interesting and exciting way for others to earn some money and apparently some special furniture for the house!

someone on tumblr is translating the animal crossing webpage! this is the roost article

tumblr_mc53lrkGcx1ril62uo1_1280.jpg

looks pretty neat! i'm so excited, brewster is my favourite npc and i'm a barista in real life, so i can't wait for this feature !!

someone on tumblr is translating the animal crossing webpage! this is the roost article

tumblr_mc53lrkGcx1ril62uo1_1280.jpg

looks pretty neat! i'm so excited, brewster is my favourite npc and i'm a barista in real life, so i can't wait for this feature !!

That looks good! i am going to have so much fun doing this! :D

I thinks working at the Roost is also the way we can get Brewsters pic (since a few non-villager NPCs in WW could give you their pics it's likely that in this game all of them will be able to do so)

Ok just wondering I don't search this stuff so I wouldn't know I just thought maybe :p but it will be pretty awesome to work in brewsters

Ah so it is for take out. That makes the most sense anyway. Go into the shop, Brewster tells you which animals have ordered, and you go bring the coffee to said animal(s).

Ah so it is for take out. That makes the most sense anyway. Go into the shop, Brewster tells you which animals have ordered, and you go bring the coffee to said animal(s).

That's what I was hoping for. I didn't feel like just standing in a cafe and waiting on customers.

Also, I really like the worker's eyes.

Back