• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Splatoon Worst Salmon Run Teams?

I used to join a discord to play with better salmon run team members, but lately I feel that, since the game has been out for so long and there unfortunately haven't been any new maps, the people that play salmon run now really know what is going on more, so it's a lot more fun!

I still don't trust anyone on Freelance especially when I get paired with people and we end up having to start at 14 or 15 egg quota. I try not to die in this kind of situation, or else, one mistake and you will be wiped out . No one is smart or fast enough to revive you.

Survival is the key :)

Last edited:
I still don't trust anyone on Freelance especially when I get paired with people and we end up having to start at 14 or 15 egg quota. I try not to die in this kind of situation, or else, one mistake and you will be wiped out . No one is smart or fast enough to revive you.

Wow this is really impressive! Coming from a true 999 player on Freelance (playing solo not with friends to pick them up lol) with actual stats to back it up. Averaging 5 revives over almost 0 death! .. And for that I'll give you a geniune Ancient Statue. How many do u want? :p

No friends. No discord chats. No pretensions. Just freelance.

p9VhfFl.jpg

Last edited:
There are so many morons in Salmon Run and that morons are pissing me off
Ugh they can't even survive in 5 seconds
They always kill the bosses far away from the egg basket
They don't even put some eggs for Mr.Grizz
They always care about the "Power Eggs" thingy than the golden egg
Power Eggs are way useless
Plus I play Salmon Run by "Freelance"
I play it by myself
Being alone is good than with friends because your skills!
How if your friends are offline and you wanna play Salmon Run?
The Salmon Run Life is Gonna Be Chaos If You Play Freelance
Sometimes I hate being with friends because I want to test my skills all by myself
That's my tech in Salmon Run :p
I don't play with friends

Last edited:
I play it by myself
Sometimes I hate being with friends because I want to test my skills all by myself

Haha this is funny.

By the way, I wasn't supposed to go for it again but I've enjoyed the shift too much and kept winning towards the end so I've gotten another 999 in less than 9 hours yesterday on Freelance, like the usual (y)

7CCZoxP.jpg

O1YvkNH.jpg

Last edited:
Haha this is funny.

By the way, I wasn't supposed to go for it again but I've enjoyed the shift too much and kept winning towards the end so I've gotten another 999 in less than 9 hours yesterday on Freelance, like the usual (y)

How about this? I just got my first 999 a while ago and I had 58 golden eggs on my last match and this is "freelance" ✨✨✨

I play it by myself

I know what you mean LOL. I remember discussing SR freelance with Loriii a while ago and being super frustrated by it, but now it’s addictive to me 😂 I’m still improving and I’ve only gotten 9s 5 times so far in full freelance but it’s a lot more satisfying to me than doing it in a team (although teams are way more fun for overfishing and doing things like princess). For randoms who die at the other end of the map at the very beginning of the wave, I usually dont revive them right away so they don’t keep boss aggro. They can crawl over in a lifeboat for that and think about their actions 😂

One thing that I’ve been seeing lately and that has been frustrating me a lot are players doing challenges in freelance. I saw one guy in the last rotation who collected zero eggs and only killed lessers or bosses (even so, not that much). They could obviously survive and knew what they were doing but unless you are in a skilled FL team, doing a challenge in freelance is more likely going to fail. I encountered the same person a few games later and we wiped on W1 because we didn’t make quota (with no help from them). I‘ve seen others who do trilance and force the rando to be the only one to collect eggs which is kinda sad because they will probably be confused about what’s going on if it’s not written in the trilance’s IGN (eg. rando, collect, eggs! or something). I think these types of challenges are better suited in a quad where it doesn’t affect anyone who didn’t expect it.

EgsD29jU4AAMPv_

How about this? I just got my first 999 a while ago and I had 58 golden eggs on my last match and this is "freelance" ✨✨✨

You finally did it! I'm super proud. To think you've done it on FL without friends/group is really something. Also, we hate playing against or with each other, huh?! lol FINE. You own the eggs. I'm not the one to die easily though. :p

PS. "Axel". What a name. You always change your username. I always get confused, plus you're using a male octoling. WTH. lol

Last edited:
Based on a true story:

Me: "Alright, time to take this floating platform back to base before the huge swarm of Salmonids gets us."
Teammate: "No I like it here." Keeps shooting the pinwheel

We were then all devoured by Salmonids.

Those teams where the first wave already feels like the third.

Other unpleasant experiences:
- egg hoarders
- people running off during glowflies
- people ignoring a Stinger
- people ignoring THREE Stingers
- my personal pet peeve: people who don't tell the team they're dead or expect others to come to them to revive them (bonus points for both)
- you know things are bad when you're forced to play your charger like a normal weapon

I'm by no means a great player, but please. Have SOME common sense.

I hate it when I get paired with HLM teams that plays like they are early "Professional". Our margin of error is slim so it would really help if they don't die too much, more so if they're using a fast, easy to use weapon. I mean, I would love to be in there place so I can use that weapon to put eggs real quick, when I can and most importantly, revive people. It kind of gives me an impression that they were probably just "carried" (by friends/group) earlier and don't deserve to be there.

wow, these vids are incredible! i've been trying become a better freelancer but right now i'm only hitting around 450-500ish on average.
do you have any advice on what to focus on?

Never really thought I would have to post here, as I've been pretty lucky with freelance. However, today was an exception. I forgot how annoying it is when people spam "This Way!" 500 times whenever they're in surrounded with 2 other eggs. Come on, come help out the team! I'm aware that those are there, but meanwhile we're dying. I lost many shifts today due to this. I didn't think it was that annoying until now.

wow, these vids are incredible! i've been trying become a better freelancer but right now i'm only hitting around 450-500ish on average.
do you have any advice on what to focus on?
Thank you for appreciating them! Advice? I'm not good in putting it into words but I'd say "don't die"! haha easier said than done. But seriously, try to minimize it if you can. Go into the shift thinking "When I die, it's gonna be over". Try to have that mindset. Not a lot of people in FL knows how to revive teammates unless they're in close proximity. In this case, the splat bomb is your best friend. Try to master reviving people using them. Oh, it's a waste of ink you would say? "Like, I could just use my main weapon". Well, you could time it by throwing a bomb then quickly swim to replenish ink. In my case, I plan ahead on where I would go, so I almost always swim away after reviving a teammate unless I'm near the basket and I need to put eggs real quick, but still you could replenish ink by swimming around on a safer spot (use specials if you are overwhelmed). It also helps if you've memorized the stage/area so you know where to go.

Weapon knowledge is extremely important. Try to familiarize yourself with each weapon (power, reach, fire rate, etc.) . It would help you know your role or what bosses you need to prioritize. Rollers are good on Rush and Goldie-seeking. I'm sure you already know that. But for example, the Ballpoint Splatting looks inferior to the Heavy or Hydra but it is pretty fast and so you can treat it like a shooter weapon and at the same time, a boss killer. The last few shots after charging it could rival the power and reach of Hydra so it's possible to kill a Steelhead or Steel Eel with it from a distance. It would also help if you play a shift with weapons you aren't comfortable with, so in time, you will know how to use them. But of course, it's probably more convenient to play with weapons that you like if you want to seriously rank up. It's up to you.

In the end, just try to play smart. Lure bosses near the basket like other people would say, but at the same time, don't be overly-aggressive. Try to balance between killing the bosses, putting the eggs and looking out for your teammates. If you feel like they aren't good enough like they keep on dying, you should probably be very cautious. On higher ranks (700+ to 900+), you can still meet people who are probably in low Professional and have 14-16 starting quota, don't let your guard down. It's not the same as like having the same quota when you're at 400-500. You can get overwhelmed real quick by a few mistakes, more so later when you get the "Hazard Level Max" You get this when all are 600 or the team has reached 2400+ rank when combined. Also, don't feel discouraged if you cannot climb up.Think of it as a journey and you will improve.Try not to be tempted by trying to rank up by playing with friends. You will not learn how to adjust. It's very, very different from FL and in my case, less satisfying if you seriously want to accomplish something. I would not personally mind it if I'm playing casually though! Good luck.

Thank you very much for the write up and all the tips!

In the past, I tried to just play when I was familiar with the weapons, but now I'm trying to play every rotation to get a better sense of the strengths/weaknesses of every weapon. I've only played on HLM a few times but only managed to win once, so that's my new goal for now!

HLM with randoms were a nightmare today (Spawning Grounds 9/14-9/16). Most of them played like we're starting at 15 egg quota ugh. Nevertheless, I've gotten to 999 again. Started at 8:00 am and ended around 6:00 pm (with breaks, of course lol). It took me a little bit of time, but I'm still proud because as always... Freelance all the way! Yeahhh. I had to get multiple 8-0, 9-1, 7-1 towards the end (900+) to lift my team up :)

JrVZFvw.jpg

ieyp9ft.jpg

Okay, looong post.

I'm actually not a fan of an all Grizzco weapons shift. I mean, if I haven't gotten to 999 yet, on a normal or any shift, I wouldn't like my first to be on the shift with the yellow question marks lol maybe because weapons are OP so I'm sure a lot would get to 600 real quick (even the ones who couldn't reach 600 on a normal day). But now that I have several 999's including one on the shift with green question marks (random weapons), why not try the grizzco shift? lol just for fun!

It was smooth sailing from 400 to 600. No loss for the first time (My previous record was 2 loss). But then things started to get a little rough going from 600 to 700. Still, I managed to get to 920+ only having a few losses and in probably less than 6 hours. That's where things got challenging or shall I say annoying?! For the most part, people were dying less as compared to the normal shifts, so I got comfortable with them being good/decent. But then, omg, I felt like it took me hours to get to 999 when I was in the 900+ range. The game decided to pair me with the worst players ever who never use their brains or don't even know how to throw a single bomb to revive teammates near the basket with 10 seconds left, probably expecting me holding the slosher to do everything (ugh, worse time for me to ran out of ink and special to revive). You should stay on Go-Getter or somewhere lol. Even on my last match to 999, all of my teammates died late both on wave 2 and 3 and had to be revived in order for us to finish safely. Kudos to everyone though since we were able to reach the quota early. I just had to worry about them surviving. The Grizzco shift brings out the worst players. A lot of them probably don't deserve their Profresh 600 (HLM range) right now assuming they get there. I know who they are. I see them several times on FL lol but I won't mention names.

Still fun though, and of course, all were done in Freelance, as I've mentioned earlier!

This is definitely 10x easier if you are in a group who knows what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they get to max rank without a loss.

jhrlBBG.jpg

G3RJXhf.jpg

4F4S9G5.jpg

iGuv0Bu.jpg

z5LkGjQ.jpg

Last edited:
Most randoms I play with to be fair. It's like newbies jump on it whenever it's out without learning it or playing with someone who can teach them.

I think the rank/job system is pretty unfair due to this also but eh what can one do.

The common issue with people I meet on FL is they lack basic skills like inking the walls and attacking the bosses upfront once they start to appear instead of luring them near the basket (Stingers are an exception.. probably) but let's say on Lost Outpost/Spawning Grounds lowtide, there are like 3 narrow/thin strips of land there, then a Scrapper appears at the start of the wave or whenever. I'd mostly assume that they would immediately shoot to make them stop, not thinking that they wouldn't be able to go on their backs if they do that. Like how about, we wait and lure them until we have space to get on their backs or try to face their backs on your teammates. That's basic thinking. Also, how about we ink the walls so we could efficiently bring the eggs to the basket? And most importantly use them to make an escape if things get chaotic. That's only a few of my complaints. The rank system is unfair in a sense that it does not separate the ones who plays with friends and the ones who plays solo when you're actually playing freelance yourself. One could be 600 or even 999 but they don't deserve it because, well, they probably got carried and probably too busy spending time or asking the help of people they know to boost them so when they actually play FL, they get exposed that they could not carry random teammates or in a sense, play worse than what is expected of them. I met quite a few people who are like this. I mean, why do you play worse when you randomly get paired with me? lol do they get embarrassed after that? Sometimes, I show it to my daughter and she's like "What the" lol we couldn't stop laughing about it xD. "Like yeah sure. They're one of the best" xD. Not saying I'm good or my daughter is, but pretty sure, I did well compared to them based on how I post stuff here. She could've done better too as a teammate if she's in that place lol. If only, I could see each of their stat on Splatnet app, I could probably tell that they're spending too much time teaming up with friends so they could get carried. I wish I'd meet those so called "pros" with No loss/No death FL on their record while playing FL myself. Been playing a lot since ages but I could not see them. Maybe, they're always hanging out "With friends"? lol I mean, I could really use their awesome skill! Or they could probably end up playing worse again when they play with me? lol. Anyway, I play a lot of FL to say that one single death is quite a big difference on higher Professional, unless you have someone constantly reviving you. Everything is random so I don't think you get a teammate like that always so you have to be one to do that or be that person, and the better if you are good at being "egg runner". In the end, you have to balance both in order to survive.

Wish it was the same like with Ranked, if you want to play with groups, you can choose League Battle and it has the same ranking. Like if you play with friends, it wouldn't contribute to you ranking up when you finish a shift, as if you played FL. Also, I don't like it when I'm Profresh 800-900+ and I get paired with players who probably are in their lower Professional. Playing with randoms starting at 14 egg quota when you're Profresh 400 (for example) is not the same as playing with the same people when you're 800+. They almost always get easily overwhelmed. It's worse than playing HLM, tbh. It's like HLM but you actually aren't.

Last edited:
Back