• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Splatoon Worst Salmon Run Teams?

The common issue with people I meet on FL is they lack basic skills like inking the walls and attacking the bosses upfront once they start to appear instead of luring them near the basket (Stingers are an exception.. probably) but let's say on Lost Outpost/Spawning Grounds lowtide, there are like 3 narrow/thin strips of land there, then a Scrapper appears at the start of the wave or whenever. I'd mostly assume that they would immediately shoot to make them stop, not thinking that they wouldn't be able to go on their backs if they do that. Like how about, we wait and lure them until we have space to get on their backs or try to face their backs on your teammates. That's basic thinking. Also, how about we ink the walls so we could efficiently bring the eggs to the basket? And most importantly use them to make an escape if things get chaotic. That's only a few of my complaints. The rank system is unfair in a sense that it does not separate the ones who plays with friends and the ones who plays solo when you're actually playing freelance yourself. One could be 600 or even 999 but they don't deserve it because, well, they probably got carried and probably too busy spending time or asking the help of people they know to boost them so when they actually play FL, they get exposed that they could not carry random teammates or in a sense, play worse than what is expected of them. I met quite a few people who are like this. I mean, why do you play worse when you randomly get paired with me? lol do they get embarrassed after that? Sometimes, I show it to my daughter and she's like "What the" lol we couldn't stop laughing about it xD. "Like yeah sure. They're one of the best" xD. Not saying I'm good or my daughter is, but pretty sure, I did well compared to them based on how I post stuff here. She could've done better too as a teammate if she's in that place lol. If only, I could see each of their stat on Splatnet app, I could probably tell that they're spending too much time teaming up with friends so they could get carried. I wish I'd meet those so called "pros" with No loss/No death FL on their record while playing FL myself. Been playing a lot since ages but I could not see them. Maybe, they're always hanging out "With friends"? lol I mean, I could really use their awesome skill! Or they could probably end up playing worse again when they play with me? lol. Anyway, I play a lot of FL to say that one single death is quite a big difference on higher Professional, unless you have someone constantly reviving you. Everything is random so I don't think you get a teammate like that always so you have to be one to do that or be that person, and the better if you are good at being "egg runner". In the end, you have to balance both in order to survive.

Wish it was the same like with Ranked, if you want to play with groups, you can choose League Battle and it has the same ranking. Like if you play with friends, it wouldn't contribute to you ranking up when you finish a shift, as if you played FL. Also, I don't like it when I'm Profresh 800-900+ and I get paired with players who probably are in their lower Professional. Playing with randoms starting at 14 egg quota when you're Profresh 400 (for example) is not the same as playing with the same people when you're 800+. They almost always get easily overwhelmed. It's worse than playing HLM, tbh. It's like HLM but you actually aren't.

Yeah, I know those 999 players you are talking about. I saw them when you were playing!:D I was expecting a lot honestly but left feeling disappointed.:rolleyes: I could not count how many times the first one died using a shooter weapon. They were not even good at putting eggs lol. :ROFLMAO: Bad game happens but those kind of stats are not acceptable for a player of that caliber. It was unfortunate that you didn't finish the wave.:cry:

As for the second one, well I am glad that you guys finished it but they have like 2/2 (revive/death) and 15 eggs?o_O That's kind of ordinary considering their reputation. It doesn't help that they flaunt their "accomplishments" on social media so people expect a lot from them.:censored: It's kinda like they are pressuring themselves to do things that they cannot do. :LOL:

Yeah, I know those 999 players you are talking about. I saw them when you were playing!:D I was expecting a lot honestly but left feeling disappointed.:rolleyes: I could not count how many times the first one died using a shooter weapon. They were not even good at putting eggs lol. :ROFLMAO: Bad game happens but those kind of stats are not acceptable for a player of that caliber. It was unfortunate that you didn't finish the wave.:cry:

As for the second one, well I am glad that you guys finished it but they have like 2/2 (revive/death) and 15 eggs?o_O That's kind of ordinary considering their reputation. It doesn't help that they flaunt their "accomplishments" on social media so people expect a lot from them.:censored: It's kinda like they are pressuring themselves to do things that they cannot do. :LOL:

Comedy gold, tbh.

The second one wasn't that bad though. We finished the wave, but I feel like if I made a few mistakes, it might result in a wipeout especially on wave 3. They all seem fond of dying, but I'm cool with my other two teammates since I'm not sure if they're really good or just decent so it's fine if I needed to carry them. At least, they're both doing a great job being egg runners. The second one didn't help too much by just having 15 eggs and 2/2. I revived them in both instances and the funniest part was during wave 3. It was high tide on SS and I saw this person died (in a life jacket) on the other side near the moving platform. I felt like they were there almost the whole time, maybe killing bosses on the other side while going back and forth to the basket. It's not recommended though, unless you want to throw a bomb on the Flyfish or wanted to take care of the Stinger/s real quick. We already reached quota when I saw this "pro" player died on the other side. Normally, I would throw a bomb to revive but I was out of ink and things were still chaotic near the basket, so I decided to just go on that side (so I also could escape somehow), then literally "fetch" this person. I rode the platform they were in and move it to the side near the basket while reviving them. I was like "Hi. You should be here with us if you're just gonna end up dying". lol. I went back and stayed on the other side until time runs out to make sure everyone is alive. So after the game, I checked the splatnet app. This "pro" player had the lowest egg but didn't die too much compared to the other two. It's also good getting the highest boss kill (16). I wasn't far behind being the second highest (14). Still, I expected a lot more from someone who flaunts that they're getting 30+ eggs on average lol. "How does it feel like going on a shift without your friends?" lol I ended up getting 8-0 with 23 eggs. It wasn't exceptional but I did what I needed to do.

But my, oh my, the first one. HLM. I was around 900 that time. Heck, it could even qualify as my "worst salmon run" team. HLM. again. Please try not to die too much or else... It was really frustrating (but funny at the same time). The team had almost 20 deaths combined. I had a couple but this person had almost half of it (on wave 1 using an easy to use weapon) lol. Revive. Revive, But oh well. We weren't able to finish the wave as expected. I knew my other two teammates weren't good enough, but I thought we could still make it if this person played decently (as advertised). But no, they ended up being the worst player out of the four. Not even the egg count could save them. I had the highest egg but it isn't something to be proud of, either, so I'll leave it at that. I checked the splatnet app like usual. They didn't even kill a lot of bosses ahh so what did they do? lol funny thing is that I still see them posting/flaunting stuff about how they're surviving waves as if they don't get killed. Thank you for the tips lol! Also, stuff about strategies here and there. Hmm well, how about making your "skills" known when you play on actual freelance and most importantly, while I am your teammate? Can they do that? Or they needed help of other friends? (*cough* exposed *cough*)" lol. A bad game can happen to anyone but that's really the worst. I never had a game like that, ever. I mean, I would love to rank up, more so when the game decides to pair me up with these "pro" players on FL. They are making things harder.

Last edited:
Comedy gold, tbh.

The second one wasn't that bad though. We finished the wave, but I feel like if I made a few mistakes, it might result in a wipeout especially on wave 3. They all seem fond of dying, but I'm cool with my other two teammates since I'm not sure if they're really good or just decent so it's fine if I needed to carry them. At least, they're both doing a great job being egg runners. The second one didn't help too much by just having 15 eggs and 2/2. I revived them in both instances and the funniest part was during wave 3. It was high tide on SS and I saw this person died (in a life jacket) on the other side near the moving platform. I felt like they were there almost the whole time, maybe killing bosses on the other side while going back and forth to the basket. It's not recommended though, unless you want to throw a bomb on the Flyfish or wanted to take care of the Stinger/s real quick. We already reached quota when I saw this "pro" player died on the other side. Normally, I would throw a bomb to revive but I was out of ink and things were still chaotic near the basket, so I decided to just go on that side (so I also could escape somehow), then literally "fetch" this person. I rode the platform they were in and move it to the side near the basket while reviving them. I was like "Hi. You should be here with us if you're just gonna end up dying". lol. I went back and stayed on the other side until time runs out to make sure everyone is alive. So after the game, I checked the splatnet app. This "pro" player had the lowest egg but didn't die too much compared to the other two. It's also good getting the highest boss kill (16). I wasn't far behind being the second highest (14). Still, I expected a lot more from someone who flaunts that they're getting 30+ eggs on average lol. "How does it feel like going on a shift without your friends?" lol I ended up getting 8-0 with 23 eggs. It wasn't exceptional but I did what I needed to do.

But my, oh my, the first one. HLM. I was around 900 that time. Heck, it could even qualify as my "worst salmon run" team. HLM. again. Please try not to die too much or else... It was really frustrating (but funny at the same time). The team had almost 20 deaths combined. I had a couple but this person had almost half of it (on wave 1 using an easy to use weapon) lol. Revive. Revive, But oh well. We weren't able to finish the wave as expected. I knew my other two teammates weren't good enough, but I thought we could still make it if this person played decently (as advertised). But no, they ended up being the worst player out of the four. Not even the egg count could save them. I had the highest egg but it isn't something to be proud of, either, so I'll leave it at that. I checked the splatnet app like usual. They didn't even kill a lot of bosses ahh so what did they do? lol funny thing is that I still see them posting/flaunting stuff about how they're surviving waves as if they don't get killed. Thank you for the tips lol! Also, stuff about strategies here and there. Hmm well, how about making your "skills" known when you play on actual freelance and most importantly, while I am your teammate? Can they do that? Or they needed help of other friends? (*cough* exposed *cough*)" lol. A bad game can happen to anyone but that's really the worst. I never had a game like that, ever. I mean, I would love to rank up, more so when the game decides to pair me up with these "pro" players on FL. They are making things harder.

Maybe they are really playing Freelance.:unsure: However, when they could not make it on top they would switch and ask friends to team up with them until they reach 999 and still consider it as Freelance. lol. :ROFLMAO:It is not the same! :sneaky:not the same experience when you are playing fully and purely freelance with random players rather than playing with the help of friends or someone you know. It's funny that they continuously flaunting and posting them on their social media accounts and seems like a huge achievement to them but in the end they are just lying to themselves. They could not back it up. lol :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Maybe they are really playing Freelance.:unsure: However, when they could not make it on top they would switch and ask friends to team up with them until they reach 999 and still consider it as Freelance. lol. :ROFLMAO:It is not the same! :sneaky:not the same experience when you are playing fully and purely freelance with random players rather than playing with the help of friends or someone you know. It's funny that they continuously flaunting and posting them on their social media accounts and seems like a huge achievement to them but in the end they are just lying to themselves. They could not back it up. lol :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

You mean like posers? lol that's what I suspected tbh. I hate them omg. I'm sure they would bail out every time the going gets tough, maybe when they reach 800-900 and when they could not carry a bunch of scrubs anymore. They would just try make it to 999 by asking the help of their friends or players on discord or anyone that could play decent and consider it as like they've done everything on FL. I'm on my 14,000 shift now. I've met different kind of players. I know how they work lol (most still suck, unfortunately). I worked really hard to get to 999. You have to earn it, not like something that could be "given" or automatic, but others like to cheat their way so that they could post something (only to get exposed when they play with me lol). I love meeting these kind of players though, and see how they perform lol. Oh, and speaking of which, I've seen the second one flaunting how they did it and averaged 24 eggs and only what, 6 losses?! haha come on. The last time we met, they only had 15 and 2/2. They didn't do anything extraordinary and were obviously "carried". I had to do almost everything to win. 23 eggs (24 was the highest), 14 boss kills (16 was the highest) and 8-0 revive/death (you guys were around 1-4, 2-2 range). Anyway, I played a lot of the shift today and noticed how people sucked. FL is literally turning into daycare, babysitting game lol or I must be playing a different game haha. Also, I'm not gonna believe you if you're averaging 2/3 revives to 2 deaths per game and still manage to get to the top with little difficulty. I mean, one death could really cost you especially on lower quotas (when you get paired with lower Profresh players). A lot of them do not know how to revive teammates so unless you're getting a "healer" every game you play, that's obviously not done on FL. I've been there done that, tbh. Sure, these people could get 22-25+ eggs on average, but the point is, that wouldn't happen if you're constantly getting wiped out. There were a lot of times I wasn't dying then kept reviving people as I try to deposit eggs then one mistake (death). Boom! No one was there to revive me. You know what happened next. Well, it happens a lot once I get to 800-900+ range. I have to play a perfect game. I usually try to average 20+ eggs during those times but once we reached the quota, I really play it safe to look after my teammates, instead of trying to go for a high egg count because typically, it doesn't end well if my teammates aren't good of keeping themselves alive. So if you're averaging 20+ eggs from the start and keep it until the end, congrats for having constant healers on your team (if you aren't playing this role) which rarely happens on FL. Our daughter is an amazing "egg runner". But even then, she needed to keep around 4/5 revives to offset her 1.7-1.9 average "deaths". Regardless, she made it to the top even if it wasn't that easy. It isn't supposed to be easy, right?

Anyway, I'm hoping I'd meet these "awesome" players again, if they happen to hangout on Freelance and also hoping that I won't have to babysit them. I mean, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against people who choose to play "With friends". It's more fun playing with people you know and communicate with, right? Or random people you meet online who actually knows how to play. But to flaunt it and say that you accomplished everything on FL, well, that's an entirely different thing. You are insulting those people who plays legit and try to rank up no matter how hard it is trying to carry other players. We're not gullible lol. Your Grizzco card (and splatnet app) says it all. You didn't do anything special. It also did not help when these same people kept on dying and probably did worse overall when I finally got to play with them, which is kind of odd since I play SR on different times and I rarely see their names come up there lol oops.

I'm also noticing a trend of some players not putting the eggs like there's a couple of people having 3-5 eggs after viewing the results (assuming we finish the wave). This one probably takes the cake:

I saw two eggs near the basket but my teammates beat me to them. One deposited the egg, while the other... well. They were doing that for the last 10 seconds. It's either they're trolling or just there being the most stupid person ever.

Also, learn to use your special. Don't use it when we only have 5 seconds left and still far from the quota like a last resort, as if they're gonna make a difference. How about using them when your teammates could not kill these d*** bosses near the basket while we still have time so we could safely deposit the egg? One thing. Inkjet is the best special. Learn how to snipe bosses with it and you'll go far.

Oops, now I failed using my last inkjet and so were my other teammates (thanks to the Splashdown though). We're screwed and gotten overwhelmed. I was the only one left alive...

I don't average 4/5 revives per game for nothing ;)

Last edited:
You mean like posers? lol that's what I suspected tbh. I hate them omg. I'm sure they would bail out every time the going gets tough, maybe when they reach 800-900 and when they could not carry a bunch of scrubs anymore. They would just try make it to 999 by asking the help of their friends or players on discord or anyone that could play decent and consider it as like they've done everything on FL. I'm on my 14,000 shift now. I've met different kind of players. I know how they work lol (most still suck, unfortunately). I worked really hard to get to 999. You have to earn it, not like something that could be "given" or automatic, but others like to cheat their way so that they could post something (only to get exposed when they play with me lol). I love meeting these kind of players though, and see how they perform lol. Oh, and speaking of which, I've seen the second one flaunting how they did it and averaged 24 eggs and only what, 6 losses?! haha come on. The last time we met, they only had 15 and 2/2. They didn't do anything extraordinary and were obviously "carried". I had to do almost everything to win. 23 eggs (24 was the highest), 14 boss kills (16 was the highest) and 8-0 revive/death (you guys were around 1-4, 2-2 range). Anyway, I played a lot of the shift today and noticed how people sucked. FL is literally turning into daycare, babysitting game lol or I must be playing a different game haha. Also, I'm not gonna believe you if you're averaging 2/3 revives to 2 deaths per game and still manage to get to the top with little difficulty. I mean, one death could really cost you especially on lower quotas (when you get paired with lower Profresh players). A lot of them do not know how to revive teammates so unless you're getting a "healer" every game you play, that's obviously not done on FL. I've been there done that, tbh. Sure, these people could get 22-25+ eggs on average, but the point is, that wouldn't happen if you're constantly getting wiped out. There were a lot of times I wasn't dying then kept reviving people as I try to deposit eggs then one mistake (death). Boom! No one was there to revive me. You know what happened next. Well, it happens a lot once I get to 800-900+ range. I have to play a perfect game. I usually try to average 20+ eggs during those times but once we reached the quota, I really play it safe to look after my teammates, instead of trying to go for a high egg count because typically, it doesn't end well if my teammates aren't good of keeping themselves alive. So if you're averaging 20+ eggs from the start and keep it until the end, congrats for having constant healers on your team (if you aren't playing this role) which rarely happens on FL. Our daughter is an amazing "egg runner". But even then, she needed to keep around 4/5 revives to offset her 1.7-1.9 average "deaths". Regardless, she made it to the top even if it wasn't that easy. It isn't supposed to be easy, right?

Anyway, I'm hoping I'd meet these "awesome" players again, if they happen to hangout on Freelance and also hoping that I won't have to babysit them. I mean, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against people who choose to play "With friends". It's more fun playing with people you know and communicate with, right? Or random people you meet online who actually knows how to play. But to flaunt it and say that you accomplished everything on FL, well, that's an entirely different thing. You are insulting those people who plays legit and try to rank up no matter how hard it is trying to carry other players. We're not gullible lol. Your Grizzco card (and splatnet app) says it all. You didn't do anything special. It also did not help when these same people kept on dying and probably did worse overall when I finally got to play with them, which is kind of odd since I play SR on different times and I rarely see their names come up there lol oops.

I'm also noticing a trend of some players not putting the eggs like there's a couple of people having 3-5 eggs after viewing the results (assuming we finish the wave). This one probably takes the cake:

I saw two eggs near the basket but my teammates beat me to them. One deposited the egg, while the other... well. They were doing that for the last 10 seconds. It's either they're trolling or just there being the most stupid person ever.

Also, learn to use your special. Don't use it when we only have 5 seconds left and still far from the quota like a last resort, as if they're gonna make a difference. How about using them when your teammates could not kill these d*** bosses near the basket while we still have time so we could safely deposit the egg? One thing. Inkjet is the best special. Learn how to snipe bosses with it and you'll go far.

Oops, now I failed using my last inkjet and so were my other teammates (thanks to the Splashdown though). We're screwed and gotten overwhelmed. I was the only one left alive...

I don't average 4/5 revives per game for nothing ;)

I hope you could match or play with them again ;):p. I love to see them playing!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I hope you could match or play with them again ;):p. I love to see them playing!:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Yes! I'd love to have them on my team if that means I'm gonna get a win. If not, stay away please lol

Hey, guess what? The RNG Gods were kind to me today when it comes to getting randoms. I also felt that I have "it" when I started playing earlier, so why not try to play more and rank up as high as I can? Well, it turned out that I was true. So yeah, this is probably my shortest journey to 999 on a normal shift and on Freelance (where else would I be playing?). I mean, I wouldn't call Salmonid Smokeyard my favorite place for nothing haha. Have you noticed? I've averaged 20+ eggs and kept my revives around 4-point something range, like usual. Also, did you see how many times I got splatted? You can tell that my character hates spending time being inside those "life rings" or lifesaver. Whatever you call them lol. Anyway, I hope I've done a decent job and you were impressed (but PLC never gets impressed no matter what lol). ;)

tHs2zFa.jpg

Kpn1k2m.jpg

999 on SS again.

fJJTwSc.jpg

G6jLJox.jpg

My last game to 999

Gts8yb6.jpg

My highest egg count on HLM Freelance (no Cohock charge or Griller).

pmwxmsP.jpg

One of those shifts when I needed to look out for my teammates.​

Last edited:
Hey Loriii! I took your advice you gave me a few pages back - I finally managed to beat HLM on freelance on a not-special-grizzo-weapons mode!
Screenshot_20200927-194907_Nintendo Switch Online.jpg

Maybe I'll see you on freelance someday! :D I'll continue to try to get better.
Hopefully I won't end up on one of your vids, haha

Hey windfall! Awesome! Congrats! I remember you saying a while back about 400-500ish. That's 755! What a jump :p Yes, yes I'll take note of your name and hope, I will see you sometime on Freelance. My vids are mostly random stuff just for fun. Oh, and when that happens, and if we win, I'll make sure to post them here haha. Keep it up! You're doing great and also, thank you.

Thanks! This time, the weapon and map rotation was pretty good so it helped to break past the 700 mark! Usually I'm able to hit 500-600 now!

See you on the salmon hunting fields soon! 💪💪💪 Just out of curiosity, what time zone are you in? :eek:

I agree.. well. At first, I thought it'd be iffy having the "stock" Slosher or Rapid Blaster instead of a charger (not bamboozler) or Heavy/Hydra to deal with Steelheads but the weapon combination turned out great, plus yeah, it was SS so we only had to deal with the lack of power/range during low tide, but we could just use the inkjet and splashdown as last resort . Most of the them could conveniently deal with Stingers, so it was alright.

Anyway, I'm on GMT+8, but I play on different times. There is no set time haha but if I like the weapon/map rotation, I'd usually play half of the time it is on or maybe more if I'm trying to rank up (that sometimes ends in frustration hehe). I'm sure, I'd run into you eventually. Hopefully!

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by how well the two sloshers performed! It was definitely one of the better weapon rotations for me. I'm not that great with a brush, so I need some practice for this rotation lol.

And okay! GMT+8 is only 4 hours ahead of me (I'm in EST) - hope to see you around! :D

It was cool seeing 2 sloshers during Salmonid rush assuming the team knows what to do (hanging around the walls when targeted so teammates could put eggs).

See you when I see you haha. The brush is definitely the weakest now but you can score eggs and can revive pretty fast using them. I actually love the combination of Flingza and Heavy Splatling for big bosses but not all knows how to use these weapons properly.

Maybe we could play sometime just for fun, no serious ranking up, if you want! Just in case, my fc is SW-1548-6275-3601 or like whatever. Feel free to add me!

I had a video a few pages back when I was using Flingza with the Scrappers and Steelhead. Now, it looks like they've gotten their revenge...

Nope! haha :p

Last edited:
I'm actually not good with splatlings either so I might end up going down this round :X

I didnt know you could climb so high!

I added you! Hope future rotations are better, but it's all good. The ranking system in salmon is much more forgiving than the actual ranked modes lol

That's fine! It's probably kind of intimidating at first if you aren't used to the weapon yet. I treat Splatlings (Hydra, Heavy and even Ballpoint) as big boss killers or like charger replacements but they're better equipped to deal with lesser salmonids when you're surrounded. In the case of Hydra/Heavy, you really don't have to fully charge to kill them and you only need half to maybe, one circle charge of Hydra to kill Steelheads and Eels. As for Heavy, I think it needs one full and another half, but in my case, I just try to fully charge them or almost, to kill those bosses. The Ballpoint is different. It acts like a normal shooter weapon with shorter range. It's easier to handle in general, but the last couple of shots after charging and firing it has a range that could rival the Hydra. Well, I guess it's better if you experience it haha I'm sure in time you'll eventually get used to them.

As long as you can ink the wall, you can climb on them haha and hey, that's the exact location where you could stay a little bit (yes, that wall) if you're being targeted on Rush, so your teammates could safely put the eggs without being attacked.

Thank you! Yes, hopefully. The ranking system is forgiving but the matchmaking is unfair haha like once you get really high, you could still get paired with people who doesn't know what they're doing (sure, you've encountered this). It's like you are in a room with S+ or X but you still have C- teammate/s. At times, you can only "carry" so much.

I need to get used to the charge time for splatlings, I'm too impatient, I mained the orange n-zap when I used to play ranked so I'm used to the fast firing weapons lol. Just gotta play a bunch more rounds to get the hang of the splatlings!

Yeah, sometimes I play with people and I see theyre ranked like... B or C. And then I'm like... well, that explains why we lost haha.

Also, I saw you online! Hopefully we'll run into each other one of these days.

Well, it's been a while since I played PvP (Turf/Ranked) like maybe more than a year. I play Splatoon exclusively for SR now haha. I used to be a brush user, Dapple and N-zap too on some occasions. I almost never use Splatlings and Chargers on PvP but they're one of my favorites on SR, so I think as you play more often, you'll soon feel comfortable using them.

Haha I try not judge their performance based on how they're doing on Ranked. I've met several S+, X rank players that kind of suck on SR and level 4-10 players or even unranked that really do well. So I guess, it comes down to how often you play the mode.

Yes, I think I saw you playing Pokemon? earlier hehe. Looking forward to that and I probably need to play my very best when that happens. No room for mistakes or it'd be embarrassing haha we'll see.

Anyway, I finally got my non-Grizzco weapon 999 on Lost Outpost. It took ages and thought I wouldn't make it but I really wanted one for the Flingza Roller, which is one of my SR favorite weapons. I hovered around 900 to 940/955 for the longest time omg. For every hard-earned win (usually HLM), I kept getting paired with randoms who couldn't even last a few seconds to live and doesn't lure and know how to kill bosses. The game kept trolling me. It was like one moment I'm in a good team (GG to them!) then after winning, I immediately get the worst teammates ugh. It was automatic. The game trolled me hard. There is no in-between. Oh well, that's how freelance works.

Still, I was able to make it, finally. I'm proud and everything was done in full freelance with randoms (you know, people you aren't really familiar with). Thanks to everyone, who I probably could not remember lol. Still thanks! I got curious and actually play a bit more after 999 to see what will happen, but I lost, so I had to put it back up again lol never mind. It was already stressful getting there to begin with.

D5HC9UM.jpg

UR8G4xC.jpg

9UCbGgh.jpg

I was talking about that wall earlier where you need to go during "Rush" on L.O and I laughed so hard about what I did to rescue my teammates :p

I retired from splatoon about a year ago after I hit X on all the ranked modes, but came back fairly recently to try my hand at playing HLM again, which was another old goal. I'm also exclusively playing SR these days (except for splatfest haha). I (mostly) enjoy trying different weapons in SR because I can't do that in the X ranks without dropping like a rock >>

Yeah, I was playing pokemon to collect some time-limited gifts! I have a backlog of games but always seem to come back to SR.

and wow, 999 again! so impressive! The game really does troll with teammates.
999 must take hours! I'm going to start inking that part of the wall now lolll

Thank you! Wow, X rank on ALL modes. That's super impressive! Congrats. I used to be an S+ player back then on S1 then tried to go for it again on the first year of S2 but it was really stressful for me. I could only manage to go as high as A+. I even deleted that file out of frustration. This is actually my second file now but it's like 90 percent SR and 10 percent Turf/Ranked. But lately, it's 101% Salmon Run! haha I'm also trying to teach and somehow challenge my daughter (she's 10) to go for X if she can. Been hovering around S/S+ for maybe a year now. She's fond of using different weapons on PvP so adjusting to SR was easier for her. She's also 999 but doesn't play a whole lot compared with me. Instead, she's always on Turf, Private battles and Ranked. Anyway, so yeah. In the end, I just gave up on PvP (my daughter could easily destroy me now lol) then later found my place on SR.

I'm usually on my Ps4/Xbox one a lot more than my Switch so playing it is kind of like my ice breaker. That one took me a day, not whole day, but after playing other games, I'd go back to it and say "Sooo I'm at 920 again.. let's give it a try once more" "And again, again ugh grrr why don't you all just play a single player game on easy mode and get out of here" lol.

So now that you've pretty much 100% everything on Ranked, I can see why you're turning your attention to SR as your next goal. You've also won a few HLM now as well! Be wary of the game trolling you once you want to go for 800 or higher. You'd be like "Nah, I could definitely hold my own and carry some around 400-700+ so if I get like 15/16 starting quota on higher rank it would be easy". That's usually the time the game will throw you different kinds of players that, maybe, you felt like you can carry on previous ranks. But omg, they're hopeless. I'm not the one to put the blame on people since I'd make a few mistakes sometimes, but there are times you'll feel like, you're doing everything and still could not make quota (looking at their stats after the game). Makes me curse so much haha it will really test your resolve. I'd be like "Hey, just give me HLM every match. At least there, I could have decent teammates". It's still not guaranteed though, so good luck. It will test your patience. I'm pretty sure you still have a lot more from playing Ranked haha

It was a good climb to X - I played alot during my breaks during school as stress relief lol. My switch is my main system so I spent alot of time playing ranked. I basically only used the orange n-zap so I got pretty proficient with it. I would also just not play on certain maps because they were annoying or because it didn't work well with my play style, so I don't think I'm a true all around player, but it was definitely fun splatting other people!

Building up pure gear to elevate my gameplay was a big draw for me (personally I throw a lot of bombs and I like using my special to force people to move, so I have a lot of gear with bomb ink saver and special charge up). Since you play alot of SR, i'm sure you have a ton of ability chunks for nice gear! That may help you out if you ever decide to head back into the PVP. Good luck to your daughter! S+ is fun - people tend to be competent and you have to be really aware of the map. Splatzones was the easiest to level up, and then I enjoyed rainmaker and TC. Clams was fun up until S. You can kind of carry the team from C to A for clams, but in the higher ranks it becomes extremely teammate dependent. The most frustrating ranked mode for sure - I think I just got to X, played a few rounds then promptly retired LOL.

I don't think I could stay in X in anything except splatzones now, though - I'm rusty. SR has a different skillset so it's nice to try different weapons with less penalty. My friend and I competed with each other to see who could get to X ranked in everything first so I think that's what motivated me to stick around. It was frustrating to be at like ...X+9 or be really close to the next number, but a few bad games could knock you down alot. Much like SR lol.

I have not reached 800+ other than during the special grizzo weapon rotation, but even then.... it was harder to climb the further I got. I'm more wary when the quota is 14-16 because the other players will likely not know how to lure, or would die at the edge of the map. I find the round goes more smoothly when the quota starts higher! People tend to know what they're doing! HLM is a special kind of adrenaline rush, reminds me of a really tight ranked mode match lol. And yeah you're right - ranked was definitely stressful at times but the 2 hour rotations were good because it meant if things were going poorly, I couldn't drop TOO much. Good memories, hehe

Back