• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Splatoon Worst Salmon Run Teams?

Here I am again. Tbh, I wasn't planning to take this current rotation seriously. Mystery rotation on Spawning Grounds and the recommended weapon is Grizzco Slosher? Seriously? While it is arguably the best Grizzco weapon due to its piercing abilities, I don't like the sight of having 3 to 4 GS on my team when playing Freelance. Even if it's just two, I could not tell if we have an advantage lol. Also, it's on Spawning Grounds. The worst or maybe, second worst (next to Marooner's) to have GS as a recommended weapon due to the place not being "cramped" to get a lot of kills. I prefer SS, Ark Polaris, or even Lost Outpost. But hey, I like the hightide on SG though, at least when I'm in a competitive team. Oh yeah, I've won a match with 4 of us carrying them and it was a joy to play (and watch). GG whoever you are! You're one of the best randoms that I've played with. Oh well, anyway. I knew this would be a grind. Early on, I was seeing a lot of chargers/heavy/hydra and GS combinations. It was unfair omg. I wanted to give up. Grizzco is trolling us. Took me a lot of time to go from 625/655 to 700. I was just going back and forth. Felt like I would stop once I got to 700 then abandon my mission lol. After several attempts, I finally got to 700+ then, well, I continued because I was able to string a couple of wins after, not straight, but maybe lost a few times and it was not enough to de-rank me. Okay, so I went up all the way to 905. I didn't expect I'm gonna get the ultimate test. Initially, I was like "Hey, I'm almost there. Five more wins". I took a quick break then resume. It was low tide on wave 1 and we were able to reached the quota early. It's supposed to be "survival" time right? Things were quite messy so I went to the back trying to run the time but then I got greedy when I saw that I could put a few more eggs. Ugh, what a mistake! As two of my teammates died, I was about to back near the basket but got cornered by Cohocks ugh. "That's a wrap!" Just when you thought you were safe. Things happened so fast. So yeah, wave 1 defeat. So the next game, I got teamed up with dumb players and it also ended on wave 1. Then another wave 2 after. I went on a bad streak and all the way down to 835/855. FFFff!!! I was literally shouting out loud and cursing at the screen. It was extremely discouraging. I was like "It wasn't easy. I worked really hard to get to 900. Now, I just lost 50+ points in a matter of minutes". I wanted to stop playing. Grrrr. Okay, I treated the next few matches as like "Whatever. I'd play a few more but once I go down to 780, I'm done". Like I said, it wasn't easy, but I slowly got back up to 850, then 870, lost a few in between but only wave 2/3s then finally got to 905 (again). I've gotten another chance at 900+, so I better take care of it. From then, I started to rank up slowly but surely. Lost a couple of wave3s around 925 to 945 but ended the shift winning two straight to get to 999. It was less of a problem ranking up this time. I was like "I'm super proud of this. Didn't take 50 jobs or something, but still I'm proud that I accomplished this in full/pure Freelance. Well, I guess getting 999 on 41 out of 53 weapons worked out well for me playing this mystery rotation. It's all random so you may or may not get lucky with weapons and your teammates, assuming you actually play with random people, not using ST or intentionally inviting/joining experienced players. Also, the game likes to spam the Grizzco Slosher every time. 99% of the time I always see one person (or more) carrying them on my team. I'm sooo freakin' tired of you GS. Go away! Haha and oh, this is my 20th time getting 999 on Freelance! Yayyy awesome! I should probably take a long break :) PS. I'm not too happy with my deaths though haha "career-high" oops. Still, I was able to keep my revives around 4+ and have gotten 20 eggs on average despite having so many losses than usual.

inJVha2.jpg

bISNL5V.jpg

UoBaS0c.jpg

I didn't know how I was able to survive this and reach my teammates lol. Well, you can guess what happens next.

Last edited:
What can I say? Honestly, I wasn't that motivated to play this rotation due to me wanting to take a break after the hard mystery rotation on Spawning Grounds. Also, I already had several 999s on Polaris so I really don't need this. I looked at the weapon set and thought it was moderately easy so I might end up getting bored haha. But hey, it turned out to be the opposite. This wasn't supposed to be "hard" but those dumb randoms made it harder for me to finish it lol. Dapple Dualies? Oh yeah! Fast and powerful. My all-time favorite on Salmon Run. Splat Roller? I haven't 999'd this weapon yet lol (before this rotation). Glooga Dualies? I see some randoms having difficulty using this along with the E-Liter scope. But all in all, it's still doable, right? I love the combination of Dapple and Roller on Salmonid Rush! Same with Goldie-seeking if your teammates know what they're doing. It was a steady climb from 400 going to 600. I started to have problems around 750+. Had a lot of wave 3 (and maybe a few wave 2) losses due to people doing the same thing like ignoring the eggs and timer. You know? I could be a one-man show and could get you 30 to 40+ eggs, but still wouldn't guarantee a win if the next highest is below 10. This is still a team game after all. I noticed that I seem to encounter a "thrower" (having, maybe 5 to 9 eggs after wave 3, without Cohock charge) almost every game. I wouldn't want to call them that so I hope they weren't intentionally doing these type of antics. What really pissed me off was when I lost my first four HLMs. Some just happened to reach wave 3 and a couple were wave 1s. OMG. From my observation, it felt like I was playing with lower Profreshionals (14-15 quota). Dying at the start of the wave, too messy/chaotic when it comes to boss priorities and not paying attention on the number of eggs and the timer. I got stuck at 915 to 935, either losing wave 3 or winning one then lose another wave 1/2 after. I was there for 2 and a half hours?! If you lose a wave 1 HLM and your stats aren't decent (to pretty), you don't deserve to be there! Just go back to playing in a group or Profresh 40 please? I'm not joking. They're terrible, really. Good thing, I took a late lunch after so I could also get some rest. I went back and I was 915. From here on, I started to get a few more wins (a couple of losses but nothing too major) and most importantly, winning my last 3 HLM matches (from 975 to 999). Oh, and I also get to meet my favorite "social media" person (at 975) randomly joining my match ;) "Dude I know you're great in killing bosses but please don't act like you're in a group.". I just saw him trying to kill 2 Steelheads with a Roller from the far left-side on low tide, almost half-way mark of wave 1. At that time, we probably only had 6 eggs? Not even close to the quota yet. I had to spam "This way" near the basket to, hopefully, call his attention. Yeah, I know it's kind of insulting for us to get called out by teammates but I had to do that, or else, we might end up missing the quota if he kept on stalling the bosses (pretty sure, he was trying to pad his boss kills) instead of luring them near the basket. "I know it's possible to do that or half-lure when you're in a group of experience players (quad lance lol) but we're still playing Freelance so stop acting that you know better". It's not to belittle the capabilities of my other teammates. Like I said, it's Freelance so apart from him, I'm still playing with two randoms. There's this thing called "adjustment". Don't bring your "group attitude" on FL. That doesn't always work, more so, if you get paired up with 3 dumb players and your left to carry them and do everything lol. Good luck with that. Anyway, I'm glad that it resulted in a win and I'm also very glad to finally get to 999, after playing one more game (with different set of randoms) after! So, add Splat Roller to my 999s. All in all, the rotation didn't end up quick and easy, but I got my 21st Freelance 999. That's all that matters. I mean, it was all hardwork from start to finish, not like other people who will definitely try to do it like this: "Hey, can you please help/team up with me? I got stuck at 800/900+ playing with these s**** randoms. I don't want to lose anymore because I need to flaunt that I did everything on FL on a record-breaking (type your lowest number of jobs here) so please, I just need a push". No offense to anyone though. :)

of8Yqn0.jpg

tTumb4S.jpg

yBWvPSq.jpg

Last edited:
Explosher and Heavy Splatling on Marooner's Bay? lol no way! Never in my wildest dream that I will end up playing this rotation for the longest time like how I did last night to just finishing it a few hours ago (played for 12 hours straight and more). I looked at this rotation a few days ago and thought, this is one of those times that I don't think it's doable to go for 999 on Freelance. I was like "Mehhh. The Carbon Roller and N-Zap are good but I don't trust randoms to be good with Heavy Splatling and more so, with the Explosher, and again, it's on Marooner's Bay. Well, it turned out the game "baited" or led me to believe that it is doable early on because I was able to go from 400 to 600 quicker than I expected. I had a few bumps going to 700. I've even ranked down to 640+ after touching 700 for the first time, but I was able to get it back up again to 700 after several matches. You know what's the big problem on Marooner's Bay? Making the quota. It's not that people are dying so often but for some reason, they like killing bosses right then and there as they appear. They do not know the concept of luring. The worst probably is killing Maws, Eels and Scrappers on the far side of the ship opposite the basket at the start of the wave. I could not count how many times I shook my head in frustration. Why is it so hard for these randoms to think that it would be easier to deliver the eggs to the basket if we lure the bosses. It's just common sense, to be honest. It's as if, probably in real-life, they prefer taking the long cut than taking the shortcut to their destination. I've expected this so that's why I've made "egg running" as my number one priority. Still that wasn't enough at times whenever I have teammates merely depositing 5 to 7 eggs after wave 3. Anyway, I didn't know exactly what I was thinking trying to go for 999 after getting to 700. I went on to play and was like "If I get to 800, I will try to go for it". It wasn't easy and it really took me time to get to 800. After that, it was just me going back and forth. It was a really slow climb from then on. A lot of it due to me to winning a match then losing wave 1 after, and on HLM. Omg. Because people doesn't know how to play. "You freaking dumb morons don't deserve to be in there, to be honest". I just wished the game stop pairing me with these people. A lot of them were Japanese usernames. They aren't "automatic" pro players lol more like trying to be, but they're getting exposed. I wasn't "safe" regardless. Getting to 900 is pure pain, I tell you. After several hours, I was able to make to as high as 950. I was like really close, right? A few more wins. Wrong. The game decided to troll me with bad teammates so I was down to 910 again. If you are a 999 FL player, this is really a big deal. Hard-earned wins only to be ruined by incompetent teammates. I was getting tired of playing honestly. But, okay, I was able to get it back up (again) after several attempts then stopped at 965 before deciding that I was hungry and needed to take my late lunch. So yeah, two more wins, right? Only two more. When I got back, the momentum totally disappeared and kind of regretted that I took a break as I ended up losing more than I should. Well, I just dropped down to 870. FFFFFFfff. After that, I said to myself that "I give up. I'm done". I was up playing for more than 12 hours. Pretty sure, if this happened to other players, they would just do the ST thing or try to team up playing twin/tri/quad lance with their friends and say they've done most on Freelance or lie that they did everything on FL. I mean, I'm sure they would do that as early as Profreshional 600 to 800, or the moment when they feel like they could not do it all alone lol. This rotation is impossible for those who aren't good enough and don't have a lot of patience. I So stop with that bull******* that you did it on full Freelance (if I see one that did it on this rotation and doesn't have enough evidences that they do). Anyway, I ended up sleeping after. I wanted to forget the shift. I wanted to forget that I wasted time, really lol.

After, maybe 6-7 hours of sleep, I woke up and thought about this rotation. Ugh 870. I was like almost there a while (965) before everything fell apart. I got curious and checked if the rotation is still going on. I kept having "What ifs" to be honest. So well, as much as I don't want to play again, I got back and tried to go for it again, for the "nth" time, but if I had a reservation that if I go down to 790 and below, it is over for me. Okay, so I started off wining the first two so I got my rank back to 900+ again. A few more wins and losses after (that frustrated me, tbh.), but in the end, I was finally back to 960+ and then 980. It wasn't easy because you really have to pray that you get competent teammates plus the game would be kind enough not to give you multiple "high-tide". Oh speaking of that, those high-tide waves scares/worries me a lot on this rotation, more so getting the Griller high-tide wave. Regardless, the normal "high-tide" with usual bosses is really, really tough without teamwork. Anyway, so you thought I'm gonna get that one win easily? Nope. Lose wave 2, then wave 3, wave 2, wave 3 and so on. Going back and forth. I went to 980/990/995 range a total of four times before finally getting that most important win. There was this particular match that I was literally shouting in front of the tv because I died while putting the eggs on low tide and it took a long time before my teammate revived me. We missed the quota by 1 egg on wave 3. WTH... I ended up getting 32+ eggs on that game, while the others were less than 20. Ugh. In the end, I was able to get over the hump, finally after winning the last HLM a few games after. So yeah, I did not plan for this. My stats aren't pretty. My games weren't mostly awesome especially at the end. I could have averaged 22-25 golden eggs, if not for those wave 1 and 2 losses and they're a lot, but still, I'm really, really proud that I was able to make it to 999 on my own on Freelance, without the help of anyone, or friends/people that I know, but rather, did it only with the help of good players that I randomly met. Yes, full/true Freelance on this almost impossible rotation. Also, this is my second time on Marooner's Bay and 22nd overall. :)

YWOumrU.jpg

xWJ5f0S.jpg

Final game that ranked me up to 999 (finally).
RJsDIcb.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be honest. I was very exhausted playing the last rotation on Marooner's Bay so I wanted to take a break from Salmon Run (and from babysitting randoms lol jk). But yeah. Seriously, I really need a break. Besides, I usually ignore the rotation (or maybe, just play a little) if it has Tenta Brella on it. I don't expect random players to handle/use this weapon efficiently. Personally, I wouldn't say I'm comfortable with it either. I'd rather have the Hydra Splatling lol. It's a very good defensive weapon though, if anything else. It's hilarious to see Cohocks being pushed backwards with it haha. Well, I could say it's a pretty average rotation, if not tough due to the presence of the Tenta and not all players could use the Squiffer properly (not a fan of the range but it's decent and easy to use for me). .52 gal is okay but lacks range and probably not the easiest to use as a shooter weapon. Tri-Slosher is a fan favorite so no complaints there. Still, I don't think this weapon set could handle the Stingers efficiently. Bottomline, this rotation isn't ideal on Freelance (with randoms). Oh, and also it's on Spawning Grounds so things get chaotic real quick if the bosses aren't properly managed. Anyway, so I played a little bit early on. Ranked up to 520. then called it a night (I slept). Or maybe, I was done playing the rotation entirely. Hmm... nope! I had lots of free time yesterday, so hey, why not play a little bit more? Up until 600? 700? Okay, sooo I got up to Profresh 700 with just a few minor bumps (oh no... it's a trap!). Well, I got stuck a bit going back and forth from 720-760. Randoms, randoms. I knew it! The game is starting to give me bad teammates. Ugh. I wanted to just stop and call it a day. I don't plan on going back to back doing tough rotations (and stressing too much about them). But that's what I love about playing Salmon Run on Freelance. The challenge that comes with it is making me play over and over again. Seriously, though. I should've stopped playing after that. At the back of my mind, I just wanted to see if I could reach 800, at the very least :p I was able to pull through and make it to 800. From then on, I got lucky and had little difficulty going to 930. Oh, and that's when the game started to give me flashback of Marooner's Bay rotation earlier. It was pretty much a copycat omg. I got stuck for a really loooong time at 900+ (even ranking down to 880 on one occasion). Hazard Level Max after Hazard Level Max. Randoms were a hit and miss on HLM. I felt like I was pulling these bunch of scrubs because of my 900 rank to HLM even if they aren't supposed to be there. Who knows? Like I always say, even getting randomly paired with Japanese teammates aren't guarantee. They're usually the one sucking, tbh. Yup, literally hit and miss. One game, you're in a good team then the next you're on a team that couldn't even survive wave 1. I could easily tell it at the start of the match based on how they lure the bosses or how they approach them. So as I was saying, I got freakin' stuck for hours, many hours. I thought luck will be on my side when I reached 970. Like you know, just two wins away from 999? Nope! It was frustrating and I was starting to get tired. I've counted and reached 960/975 4-5 times after ranking down to 935, 920, 900, 880, 900, 920, 940 and so on, just like what happened on Marooner's omg. For the final time, I lost one more wave 1 on 975 and it went down to 955. Luckily, I finally got the push and won 3 straight games after that to go to 999. Whew. Big sigh of relief. Oh yeah. That was a lot of jobs haha (I'm not too happy with my deaths. Had 1+ on average again due to my egg running). Still, this is Freelance. This is what I play for. Every rotation isn't a guaranteed 999. No ST shenanigans (ST=sucking time. I suck at Freelance so I badly need ST to raise my chances on getting pro teammates lol). No twin/tri/quad "lance". I like having no "friends" on SR when I'm trying to rank up lol. I don't like the feeling of being carried to 999, tbh. Again, like I said, that's boring. Anyway, now I can add Tenta Brella to my list of 999 weapons and oh, it's my 23rd Freelance 999 :)

EJb8VpZ.jpg

WBhYTdn.jpg

This is my final game with those awesome randoms! (GG whoever you are. Lucky to randomly get paired with you guys!)
ph5jOcg.jpg

1UJeCCi.jpg

HCJuyQs.jpg

PkxVrSe.jpg

What can I say? I'm back on my favorite map. The weapon set are pretty much on the easy side for me (I love the Ballpoint!). But of course, I could see randoms having difficulty with chargers especially the ones with scope (Splatterscope). Same could be said with Blasters, as well as them not maximizing the potential of Ballpoint Splatling. So yeah. You will me randoms that are going to suck no matter what. I've decided to play just because it's my favorite map on SR. Honestly though, I wasn't as motivated to go for 999 this time compared to the previous rotation on MB and SG. I already did it 9 times previously on this map. I love the Splatterscope and Ballpoint though, to ignore the rotation haha. I think I was just playing it casually until 600. I couldn't remember having a hard time ranking up until the 620-650+ due to me getting bad teammates. When I finally got 700, it was mostly a breeze up to 900. I didn't had a long winning streak but I barely lost and if anything, they were on wave 3. And then, here we go. Like I said, it was supposed to be easy but once I reached 920+, I started to get brain-dead teammates/randoms and HLM wasn't an exception. The game was telling me "Oh, you thought you're safe just because it is your favorite map.". I really hate people dying at the start of the wave due to Maws and Flyfish at higher ranks, or maybe a chum killed them lol. Seriously though. If you want a game that doesn't involve dying and has no time limit (you know, to make the quota), play ACNH. Stop playing Salmon Run. I mean, you should be ashamed of yourselves, really. If you're really fond of being "carried", then go join a group on discord or twitter or wherever. Stop ruining the game for us playing Freelance. Anyway, so yeah. I was able to get my rank up to 985 like I only need one, single win. Yay. Nope. The game decides to troll me again. I was mostly getting the highest egg on my team while having less deaths so I don't think I was the problem. Oh yes, I went on a losing streak (well, I won once or, maybe twice in between) to fell to 915. Ahhhh why is it always happening to me lately?! At least the last 3 rotation. I actually wanted to stop just because I don't think it's worth the stress of going to 999 again on the same map. It felt a bit insulting on my end though, if I won't be able to, since I was able do it on a harder rotations (like the previous two). Ugh. Okay, so I breathe in, breathe out. Tried to relax. I went back and slowly but surely I was able to get it back up to around 965. I got a stroke of luck when it comes to randoms at the end (which I didn't expect because they're usernames were kind of weird/funny) lol don't judge I guess. Still. I even got paired with this random player I hate seeing on FL (it almost always result in a loss) on my final game. I won't say the username, but yeah, you redeemed yourself and good job for playing your best! So anyway, it wasn't easier or quicker than expected but I'll take it. It was still sweet getting my 24th Freelance 999 :)

JzzpYwB.jpg

fmboLA4.jpg

0CejHIG.jpg
[/center]

Well, this rotation is probably one of the easiest I've played in weeks. Still, if you play Freelance (like I always do), you'll inevitably meet players that will suck no matter what haha. I bet the Goo Tuber would be the primary reason especially on high/low tides. I'd say, I love that 3 weapons (Squeezer, Brella and GT) have decent range, then there is the Sploosh which is obviously a close range weapon that wrecks everything lol. I'm sure not a lot of randoms knows how to use the Squeezer properly though. You know? Tap tap tap ZR = win. It can be a good support weapon for killing Steelheads at a certain range if the charger couldn't handle them. Luckily, my game was mostly steady. Had 10-game streak around early/mid 400s up to 620 or something, then 16-2 in that span of 18 games until 730. I honestly didn't pay too much attention in-game because the streak happened way too early. It sure helped me a lot though, regardless! For the most part, my losses usually came from not making the quota because of improper luring or other teammates having less than 10 eggs. More than half of them came from wave 3 defeat. Oh, the Salmonid Rush rounds are tough if you are careless or teammates being stubborn trying to stay on different spots. There is no roller so the Sploosh is the best weapon in those rounds while the Goo Tuber handles the Goldie as they get close (not too close though). High tide Griller is always 50/50 with randoms though so I was lucky I didn't have a lot. Goodluck getting good randoms during Goldie-seeking haha. The normal high-tide with usual bosses can be hard if people are dying at the start, more so if the Sploosh user constantly dies (lol) as you can easily get overwhelmed. (Specials ftw! Also, use the rail for survival and throw those bombs. Okay?). All in all, it was mostly smooth going from 900 to 999. Think, I lost 2 to 3 times while on there but not something I would really get mad about except for that 990 HLM round because of incompetent teammates. I hate meeting those kind of players especially on HLM. Whew. Freelance is freelance. It's always unpredictable. For better or worse. That's what makes everything fun, I guess. Shame on you if you still try this rotation with a friend or group lol. I kid. I kid. Well, I'm just happy to get my 25th Freelance 999 and be done with it earlier than usual. :)

hcMOmcR.jpg

3OL1XC2.jpg

3bhps47.jpg

Last game that ranked me up to 999. Yay!

ybllTfx.jpg
Okay, this game. I understood that one Japanese teammate wanted to kill those bosses (probably vying for the highest kills). We were both high tide on wave 2 and 3 but how come they only managed to deposit 4 eggs? This isn't a "quad/group". Stop playing the "knight" role. Tbh, we kind of got overwhelmed in both of those rounds. I didn't feel they're killing too much, until they thought it was enough and finally decided to use the Inkjet/Splashdown. It took time to reach the quota on wave 3 though and also, same exact thing happened in both waves. All 3 died and I had to put the remaining eggs, then ride the rails, threw a bomb right after the other to revive to secure the win. At least, the "4th" random did their best registering 27 eggs and reviving 5 times. Still, good game to them. It resulted in a win.

Last edited:
It's always fun to play a rotation with random weapon/s, but when I said "fun", I meant that it's nice to have a chance to play with different weapons. Of course, it depends if you get that "?" (slot) randomly. I was quite skeptical about this rotation though, just because of the map. Yeah. Lost Outpost. I don't trust randoms (maybe second to Marooner's Bay) to play smart here. Not all, but yeah, some random players. It gives me anxiety every time I see enemies spawn in front of the outpost, at the start of the match (the "grill" or fishnet part/area). I just don't like it because some people are impatient and would focus killing everything there without delivering enough eggs, or worse, get splatted. If that happens, there's always a big chance that we'd end up missing the quota. Also, this rotation can be a hit and miss. There's already a Splat Charger as "fixed" weapon so I could imagine another charger weapon appearing as a random so there'd be instances that we might have 2 chargers on a single wave. Good luck with that haha. Well, it happened to me a couple of times earlier and a few resulted in a loss. Oh and it's usually me who gets these weapons, Chargers and another, Heavy Splatling. I remember getting them on a few HLM matches. I meant, it's fine with me. I like getting the much harder weapons and my teammates get those shooter weapons and rollers (I got the Grizzco Blaster only 3 times the whole shift lol). Problem is, they're usually the ones who frequently dies and not doing the objective (putting the eggs). What am I gonna do? It's annoying (and embarrassing) to lose a wave 1 HLM just because these morons played like s****** and didn't deserve to be in there. You see? I had to worry about the "random weapon" that Grizzco will give us (say, if it would go well with the other three weapons) and also had to worry about the skill of my teammates, like I'm literally crossing my fingers hoping that I'd get randoms that really have the skill to finish the wave lol. Well, thankfully. I've been to several competent "teams" like how it was in the last rotation (on Polaris). It was steady climb except for when I got stuck around 800-830. I've been to 830 like 3 times, but after that I won my next 4 to get to 910. Lost another wave 2, but I stayed at 900 then won a few more to get to 960+. From there, I lost a freakin' wave 1 on HLM (again) ugh, being with brain-dead teammates as usual. Still, I was lucky I only had a few losses around 900s and that it didn't take long for me to finally get to 999. By the way, shoutout to those Japanese players/randoms who could only manage to get 4 to 7 eggs until wave 3. You're the best! Oh well.... Hey, this is like my 26th Freelance 999 now. I also got 999 in all 5 maps on consecutive shifts (see above posts) and most importantly, all were done in Freelance. F-R-E-E-L-A-N-C-E. :)

71ILDuE.jpg

v14DSD8.jpg

I felt anxious towards the end when we had the Goldie-seeking normal tide lol (I hate GS on Lost Outpost even if there's a Roller). Luckily, we were able to pull through and this win finally got me to 999.
gPOhFCb.jpg

Bonus video:
Well, this happened when I was 970+. I was pretty close of getting wrecked by a Scrapper or maybe, the Steel Eel lol.

Last edited:
Ahh.. No Chargers. No Splatlings, No Blasters. No Dynamo or Tenta. It's mostly just shooter weapons. I could see this being extremely easy for squads or even ST groups that are competitive. 30-40+ jobs? Yep. It's very doable. Not on mine though. "Freelance with actual randoms" and Marooner's Bay doesn't always go well together (trust me I already had 2 previous 999's on this map). To be fair, I was doing well from 400 (when I started) until I reached 800 for the first time. I only had like 5 to maybe, 7 loss? Most were wave 3 and a single wave 2. But yeah, I know it wouldn't go on like that and I was right. That's when I started to get really dumb/brain-dead teammates, one game after the other. You see? Luring is really crucial on MB. It's pretty to tell at the start of the wave. If you see a Scrapper and Steel Eel especially on the far, opposite side of the basket. What are you gonna do? Of course, if you're dumb, you're gonna position yourself on the middle platform on the tail end of the ship and try to kill them right then and there. Did you even get eggs after killing them? Nope. Oh, I see you ended up getting splatted. Arghh. WTH. I mean, I don't think it's hard to try to lure them near the basket, right? Oh, you see a Stinger that appears at the start so you cannot help it? How about going over there real quick and kill them (you can choose to bomb them or use the Jet Squelcher's range), then if you see Scrappers/Eels/Steel Heads approaching, don't go out of your way to get an egg (or kill them), but instead swim right away in the direction of the basket so they will follow you. That's not too hard to do, right? I honestly don't mind babysitting these idiots but please I just wish they'd use their brains a little. Ugh. Oh yeah, as I was saying. It was smooth sailing until I got stuck going back and forth around 800. 820, 810, 830, 815, 795, 775, 795, 815 and so on. Okay, so after being with this predicament for 2 hours, I was finally able to strung a few more wins to get to 910. Whew. I mean, finally. I had a few bumps around 900+ and they're most HLM matches. Oh, here we go again. I just want to say this. My teammates on HLM mostly did worse than those who were on non-HLM (18/19/20 quotas). OMG. It's pretty easy to get to 600 due to the weapons, eh? HLM matches weren't a plenty though (and that's odd having this kind of weapon set). I actually did this rotation as some kind of a test. MB is a killer. Arguably, it is the hardest map to go for 999's on Freelance. Maybe it's the weapon set? It always sucks on the Bay nowadays. Right now though, the weapons are really good. But with randoms? I'd say "People find a way to suck no matter what". In the end, I just wanted to end the rotation and finally be done with it. But yeah, GG to those randoms who played really well! I appreciate you, whoever /wherever you are. Thank you! I'm glad that I finally got my 27th Freelance 999. This is also my 3rd FL 999 on Marooner's Bay. :) Ahh, I wanted to take a break from SR real soon. Oh well, nothing beats that feeling of accomplishment of doing it all on Freelance (teaming up with these "unpredictable" randoms), no matter how many times I get mad or really frustrated to the point I want to throw my pro controller oops, but yeah like I said, it's a fantasic feeling than just getting an "automatic 999" with the help of friends/discord/ST "gang" lol.

kTbhfBM.jpg

6B5kl3a.jpg

f1JPwYm.jpg

Last edited:
Any rotation with Bloblobber and Dapple Dualies is always a win. Add one more shooter in the form of the vanilla Splattershot, it's supposed to be easy, right? But like I said before, "People always find a way to suck no matter what". I could probably understand if they aren't good on handling the E-Liter (it's crucial on high tide though). Still. the weapon set as a whole is both powerful and easy to use. So yeah, I started off a bit slow lol but eventually got to 600 in no time. I was able to push it a little more to 700 before the RNG (incompetent teammates/randoms) started to ruin my night/day again. Yep, I got stuck at 700 (to 790) for 2 hours. Oh well. That's how true Freelance works, right? I shouldn't be surprised. I've been doing this for 20+ times now and right now, 7 times in a row. It would be like fool's gold if I somehow don't get paired with stupid randoms. They will always come. I'm pretty sure not a lot of people could relate or experience this, especially those who likes using ST or do half-half or 1/4 or whatever Freelance then the rest would do it in the company of their beloved friends (in silence). Oh yeah, I know they die a lot and could revive only a few (almost 2 deaths on FL, really? You expect me to believe you? Oh, you have this special ability like "being auto-revive by friends/ST players"? lol. Still remember your infamous 1-6? oops. I've been using it as a wallpaper of my laptop actually. Makes me feel better whenever I have a bad game. "This is my worst salmon run team" haha joke). As I was saying, it's never a problem with these people since they always have "others" back to pick them up. Am I right? Yes? How does it feel like being carried?! Liars go to hell. Liars go to hell. lol. Tbh, it's a big relief. I haven't seen this 999 player on FL for quite a while now, or else, we'll probably end up on wave 1 or 2 and then she'd ruin my "run" again. I'm pretty sure she thinks that she's better than me or anyone lol because that's how she is. She thinks that she's better in anything that she touches. (Btw, that's a lot of Freelance 999 though *sarcastic*. That's cute... I guess lol). So anyway on to the game. After a while, I was able to push it 815+. Finally. whew. You know the problem with this rotation? Scrappers. Scrappers. I'll try to shoot so they'd stop but people ignore them. Also, Drizzlers! You see? If you lure them (especially Scrappers) near the basket, you'll get easy golden eggs. Having a hard time dealing with them and you badly need eggs to reach the quota? Use your bomb special and of course, the Stingray if time is running out and they're near the basket. Also, kill the Drizzlers. Oh, you accidentally die because of the torpedo (Ink storm)? Just because you kept ignoring the Drizzler close to the basket! Another easy golden egg. But you feel like killing them isn't as cool as, say, killing a Steelhead or Steel Eel lol so you ignore them. So, I was able to push my rank a little more to 890 with little problems, but then here I thought, I'm finally gonna go to 900, I lost a couple to dropped to 865. Argh, but yeah, thankfully after two more games, I was finally at 900+. Oooh, I didn't have a lot of problems here apart from losing maybe 2 or 3 wave 3s and a single wave 1, but it was most early 900s and once I got to 960+, I was able to push it to 999 in no time. That final game though. Wave 3. We're missing 3 more eggs and it's almost time, around 10 seconds left. Three of my teammates died. Thankfully, I was in a good position (I was actually on that long wall under the basket so it's still risky climbing up) and using Dapple to revive two and then, they put the remaining eggs to finish the wave. Yay. GG to those randoms! You're the best. So now, it's 7 straight 999s for me. Oh, did I say Freelance? Yes, Freelance from 400 to 999 as usual! No ST. No "twin/tri/squad. No shortcut. No lying. No cheating. No posers allowed. lol lol. I'm just having fun. But... tbh, I really wanted to take a break. It's really exhausting and draining playing with randoms for 7 consecutive rotations. So yeah, I got my 28th Freelance 999! (Aww you got one too? "That's cute". Wish someone would catch up. Maybe, you can invite your "friends" to play? Or if you want, you could just put +1 everyday on your Freelance 999. No need to put screenshots or anything. Ahh I'm honestly getting bored now *yawn*) :) So right now, I have 10 on SS, 7 on Ark, 4 on LO, 4 on SG, 3 on MB. 1 full Grizzco, 3 full mystery rotation (SS, MB, SG), and 2 fixed weapon+mystery (LO, Ark). And yes, everything was done on Freelance. Awesome :)

EcRBXNO.jpg

SaV2vwO.jpg

UOKZWj9.jpg

Last edited:
Wait wait wait I had lost count already! Bravo and congrats on your 28th 999 Legit Freelance!

Great improvement in your eggs ahahhaa aside from your reviving skills. Ohhhh, just remembered about Stats/Average.. I saw again that trying hard poser who are rubbing it in her stats ahahah. Average revival is 2 and death is almost 2 ahahhaa really?! Is this one really thinking its like making people dumb in checking on Average, duh simple math.. And can't even tell the truth about joining groups and not pure freelance ahahahah...

Do you want me to post on here her stats?! And thank on here the people she had on squad/ST

Wait wait wait I had lost count already! Bravo and congrats on your 28th 999 Legit Freelance!

Great improvement in your eggs ahahhaa aside from your reviving skills. Ohhhh, just remembered about Stats/Average.. I saw again that trying hard poser who are rubbing it in her stats ahahah. Average revival is 2 and death is almost 2 ahahhaa really?! Is this one really thinking its like making people dumb in checking on Average, duh simple math.. And can't even tell the truth about joining groups and not pure freelance ahahahah...

Do you want me to post on here her stats?! And thank on here the people she had on squad/ST

Thank you! Well, they wouldn't be possible (especially those consecutive 999s) without you watching me play. Every person needs a lucky charm, I guess.

Yes! Exactly what I'm thinking. Based from her revive/death stat, the difference is about 0.5-0.7 but in the actual game, you always get whole numbers and not anything with decimals. So if you round them off, she's pretty much dying the same way as her reviving other teammates haha seriously? Getting a 2-2 ratio is nice. I actually seen stats similar to this on other players (or maybe around 2 revives/1 death), but they would say something like, they did it on ST, then, a mixed of twin/tri or squad with usernames I wouldn't mention (in short, they're playing with "friends"). At least, they're being honest for saying that they were being carried. This person have other ideas though. She keeps saying that she's done everything on Freelance. Yeah sure. Dude, the stats won't lie. I've played 16,000+ shifts and about 99% were FL. Yes, Freelance is my home lol. You cannot fool me. It doesn't help that you always play s***** whenever the game decides to troll me and be on the same team with you costing me a win. It didn't help that you chose to suck along with the other two randoms (really could qualify as my "Worst Salmon Run team"). So yeah, 2-2 on Freelance lol. Keep flexing. Never seen a 999 player die like that, tbh. What more on Freelance? It's hilarious lol. Guess, it's hard to be true to one's self.

Btw, I like how you said, "trying hard poser" haha it's perfect. Maybe, I should approach this person and "twinlance" with her on a mystery rotation (bet she's scared of random weapons lol) then see if we could get 999 on 30-40 jobs or at least, 50 jobs. While we're at it, I think, I'd try to convince my daughter to join. I may need another "healer" in the group, like you know? Someone who's great at reviving, not to mention, a better "egg runner". ;)

Last edited:
Well, to be honest, I didn't like this rotation at first and I was supposed to take a break. Both Undercover Brella and Aerospray are easy to use but a weak combination. Blaster is okay, but I could see randoms having issues with it. Squiffer is an awesome charger though. But overall, the weapon set is either weak or they don't have enough range. I could imagine having a tough time with Salmonid Rush and Griller rounds using these set, more so during high tide. Oh, speaking of high tides. Good luck dealing with Steelheads (make sure they don't go too close to the basket or else, pray) and Eels if your charger user sucks lol. You can say that this rotation has many issues, and of course, I'm specifically talking about Freelance (With groups, everything is possible lol). So, what made me decide to go ahead and try this weapon set? Two weapons: Undercover Brella and Aerospray. Like I said, I don't like both weapons on SR. Aerospray is probably my least favorite out of all the shooters and the Brella is just weak (sometimes, it could lead you to your death if you aren't aware while shooting a Cohock or Scrapper/Drizzler lol. Yeah, you guessed it. I took it as a challenge if I can use both efficiently and if I could go for 999s. So yeah, I started off a bit fine going to 560+ with little to no issues. I lost maybe 3 or 4 times before getting to 600 though. It was fine after that but I kept getting stuck whenever I reach 680/780/880+, like every time I was about to rank up to 700/800/900+. I kept getting bad teammates after a successful wave. It goes something like this. Win wave 3, lost wave 1, win wave 3, lost wave 3, lost wave 3, win wave 3, lost wave 1. I've barely gotten wave 2 losses lol. I got my first HLM around 850/860+ I think, but after that, I was getting HLM matches at about 50/50. They're a hit and miss when it comes to teammates though. Guess it's easy to get to 600 (or maybe 400/500 for other players if I'm around 800/900). Problem was, I've seen lots that played like s****** as if they're starting at 13/14 quota). Not luring omg. HLM people weren't luring! What the hell. And they're mostly Japanese usernames (Yeah sure, Jap are expert when it comes to their games). Weak. Brainless. Stupid. At least the ones that I've played with. It's always like that for 8 consecutive rotations. The main problem on Polaris is luring, then second, not putting the eggs/not making the quota. Guess, they just like to kill bosses without being aware of the time. People die, yes, but not so much. I really hate it when they don't lure and kill bosses right away at the start of the wave then see them get splatted after while trying to get the eggs. I usually ignore and refuse to revive them even if I can. More so if there are eggs near the basket. Eggs first before revive for me lol. Anyway, if you see a Stinger at the start, try to kill them quickly if you can or throw bombs them from the top. If you see Scrappers/Steelheads/Eels coming after that, I'd say don't go out of your way to get eggs. You're probably getting targeted! It's not worth getting a single egg for that. Instead, wait for the other bosses to go up near the basket then attack lol. You get more eggs that way and at the same time, continue to lure other bosses. Well, anyway. As I was saying, it was a slow climb for me overall. Felt like I've barely gotten competent teammates and every game is anxiety-inducing lol. You can lose wave 1 unexpectedly or lose wave 3 even if you feel like you can win it. In the end, I'm glad I was able to finally reach it. Yeahhh. I did not expect to play but got to 999! Also, I can add the Undercover Brella and Aerospray to my list of 999 weapons. Yeahhh. 42 weapons now. This is why I love playing mystery rotations. I'm not scared to handle any weapon ;). PS. I think I had a game earlier with one of these "social media" people lol. I particularly remember that because it resulted in a wave 3 loss. Oh well. Details below on my screenshot lol. So yeah, I got my 29th Freelance 999! :)

XEBu32b.jpg

7shcKKx.jpg

Grizzco lobby​

Q3rQKlZ.jpg

FYg3xaC.jpg

High tide Rush on my final game. So exciting!​

VDkaDKx.jpg

Uh okay. Like I said, I remember this match particularly well because it was winnable. We were doing fine early until the last wave. It was high tide (with normal bosses). So yeah, I've recognized one 999 player here (not telling who he/she is haha). They played great the first two waves, but things started to fell apart on the third. I needed to use my Inkjet twice to kill the SH because the charger couldn't at one point as well those Steel Eels because two of my teammates died (including this person. Oops). While that was happening, I was trying to do revive and at the same time, trying my best to put the eggs quickly (quota was 23), until it reached 22/23. I could not get an opening. More eels came as time winds down. One of our teammates used the Stingray. It was 10 seconds and I thought one could sneak in and deposit an egg (two of my teammates were already carrying them and there's like 3 near the basket). Like I said, I wasn't in a good position as I was about to escape. I was trying to and see if I can get one near the basket and sneak it in. In honesty though, I was hoping someone would put that freakin last egg in, then if everyone died, I'd still be alive (I don't trust them to survive based from the circumstances). But, oh well, I was right. They all died without anyone trying around less than 2 seconds. Ugh. I had no choice but to risk it. I was able to sneak and put one in (there's only 1 second left or maybe less), but it did not register. I guess I had a lag or I was late for tenth of a second. Still, I could not believe we were one egg away for 10 seconds of high tide. I was using the Aerospray and "that person" was using a Brella. I mean, why they couldn't get that one egg in? Hate it because I had to hard carry the team and I was the one who deposited the last eggs to make it 22. Just because they suck? I was extremely disappointed (I was 870 Professional but it was non-HLM). So hi, another 999 player who loves playing in a group or ST (for the most part). How does it feel like being awesome when playing with your squad mates then suck on Freelance after? lol. Same old, same old, like the other 999 "FL" players that I have met. Babysitting 101.

Last edited:
We're back to Salmonid Smokeyard! But wait... Tenta Brella instead of charger? No way! I'd even take a Heavy or Hydra Splatling over this slow Brella anyday. It's an extremely good defensive weapon though. Use the shield on the lesser salmonids. Oh yeah, I know. I was able to reach 999 before on SG using the Brella. Still, the weapon set as a whole is kinda iffy. The only thing I'm fine with is the Splattershot Jr. (lol noob). Seriously though. I had no plans to even touch this rotation. I'm not kidding! I know! I know it's my favorite map. Okay, okay fine. I was tempted to play but I had no expectations or a plan to take this seriously. I was in "chill mode" the whole time. So, I was off to good start and lost probably once up to 600. The streak continued until 700. I wasn't winning every game but it was a nice surprise to be paired with competent randoms for several games so I lost only a few times. But yeah, I know it was a fool's gold. Sooner or later, I'm gonna get bad teammates and I did around 730. That's when I started to get stuck a bit. Most ended on wave 3 though so it wasn't that bad. Remember, like I said, it wasn't supposed to be a good rotation, right? Yeah, so I thought, it's time to stop? I honestly could not tell if I was just losing because of those stupid randoms (as usual) not really because it's a weak rotation. So I tried a little more and see if I could push it to 800. Fortunately, I began to string a few more wins again once I got to 800 so I got to 900 easily. 920, to be exact. I took a break. I was still in "chill mode" thinking this isn't supposed to happen lol. I mean, I was cool if I don't get to 999. But hey, it's 920, I'm almost there, right? So, yeah. Two consecutive wave 1 defeat after. I was still 900 though after that. Now isn't the time to chill, so I grinded it out and was able to get back to around 945 before taking another break. From there, I lost one more wave 3 and then won the next 2 to finally get to 999! I was grinning because I initially did not expect to go for 999 on this rotation (like I said previously), more so to finish it in less than 50 jobs. Minus the bad losses, I could've gotten it in the early 40s. Seriously though. I don't care about jobs as long as I get to 999 on Freelance exclusively (no matter how long it takes). It's just convenience for me. I mean, you never know what kind of players/randoms you're gonna get. I could see this being "doable/achievable" on ST and "friendlance" though lol and in a much lower jobs, so feel free to go for 999s. Don't forget to put FL999 after, no matter what (no one will find out anyway) haha oops. As for me, I'm done playing with these randoms, at least for now. I should really take a break from SR. I keep saying that, but yeah, I guess this is the last. I've been playing 9 consecutive rotations now. Yes! 9 straight FL999 and it's super exhausting. Anyway, I'm adding the Clash Blaster to my list of 999. It's 43 weapons (+4 Grizzco) now. Oh yeah, I need to end this. So, I'm happy to finally get my 30th Freelance 999. Whoa, 30th! :) PS. Good luck when you play Rush, especially on high tide lol! ;)

u5prlec.jpg

OWBPga4.jpg

bnmzyfJ.jpg

Last edited:
This rotation on Lost Outpost is pure evil on Freelance. It doesn't help that it's arguably the worst or second worst map (second because MB is always the worst) to play with random players no matter what kind of weapons. Well, unless it's all Grizzco, of course. Oh, and speaking of weapon, I actually like the set (Splash, Squeezer, .96 gal, and Splatterscope). Did I say Splatterscope?! Ahh.. my number one favorite charger on SR! Tbh, I can't decide between this one or the one without scope. Either way, they're both my favorites. So, technically, we have three shooter weapons and one amazing charger. What could go wrong? Well, I guess both 96 gal and Squeezer aren't your typical shooters? (Splattershot, N-Zap, Dualies, etc). One is slow but has range and very powerful and the second can be use in two ways (the one where you tap ZR is so satisfying when you kill Steelheads a few distance away). I'm sure not a lot of randoms know how to use these weapons properly. Splatterscope is the biggest culprit though (at least, for them). "OMG. OMG. I'm being targeted by missiles and everything, I feel anxious whenever I zoom it in. Ahhh, I'm about to die.". Duh? Even you randoms are so fond of "dying" even you aren't using the charger. Will it make a difference? lol. Seriously though, I thought it was one of those rotations that's kind of "doable/manageable" to go for higher ranks. Overall, the weapons are easy to handle, at least for me. So, like I expected, I didn't have too much problems at the start going to 600 then 700, then around 830+. I only lost, maybe less than 10? I was around 30 jobs during that time. The rotation started at 8 am (time zone here) and I reached 800+ for the first time around 12 noon. So maybe, I would end around 50+ jobs max? More or less or probably the worst case scenario. So yeah, I took my lunch break. After an hour, I continued where I left off. This was the point where it started to feel like I'm playing a different rotation. Oh my freaking God. The hell had broken loose. Dumb teammates after dumb teammates. Yes, stupid, idiots, morons, everything. I got stuck at 800 to 860 for 3 hours. Argghh. And when I finally reached 900 (after 2 more hours), I went down to 855 in just a matter of minutes. Are you kidding me? After getting a hard-earned win, I would lose the next on wave 1. HLM matches weren't an exception. I'd say they're the worst because they play like lower Profreshionals and could not even bait a griller properly. I couldn't could how many times I cursed. WTF. I've been to many battle on Freelance but this was true pain. So yeah, I've put down my controller and have given up after going down to 855. I don't need this ffffff rotation. I already have 30 and have multiple 999s on Lost Outpost. I'm so done babysitting these idiots. It wasn't fun or even "challenging" anymore. I always give my 100% effort and they only usually give, like 10%. It was so unfair. Anyway, I went to bed after and had 6 hours of sleep. Part of me really don't want to go back. Like I'm so done. When I woke up, I thought, well, I'm still 855 and it's a different time (1 am here) so maybe, I could finally get competent randoms/teammates? Let's try. Ugh well. Luckily, I started off winning 3 consecutive games to get back to 900+ again. Oh yeah. Still skeptical though. It's just a matter of time, I'd be in the same room with those idiots/dumb SR players again..... And I was right. Wave 3 loss, wave 3 win, wave 1 loss, wave 3 loss, wave 3 loss, wave 3 loss, wave 3 win, wave 1 loss. Yeah, still the same. I barely gotten wave 2 loss, to be honest. It's not that I like to have one, but that's how evil this is. Nothing is safe. There is no middle ground. It's either you get really good teammates or the dumb of the dumbest. Good luck on that RNG. Also, if the enemies start to spawn on the center or in-front of the outpost, can you ffff try not to kill everything there? Think. Use your brain (if you have one). Kill Stingers but please, it doesn't take too much time to wait for the other bosses to come near the basket. I've failed a lot of wave because of that. It's not that just now but every time I play this map. Anyway, it was slow, painful climb but I grinded and finally was able to get to 999 after 4 more hours during the midnight/early morning. So.. this is like my 10th consecutive Freelance 999 now? I'm so done with Salmon Run. I'm sure not a lot or not even 90% of players could get a 10 in a span of 2-3 weeks. It started on Marooner's Bay with Explosher, then Spawning Grounds, Salmonid Smokeyard, The Ruins of Ark Polaris, and Lost Outpost (with a mystery weapon) then back to MB again, then SG, Polaris, SS and finally, Lost Outpost, right now. You can just see my previous posts lol. That's 10 straight rotations and I did 999 in all maps/every map twice (in that span) on Freelance! No ST trash. No twin/tri/squad trash. No mixed of both FL + "easy" modes. Only pure solo Freelance with random players. Can you do it? Not a lot of players could even get 10 (999) on Freelance or even if they did, I'm sure it took them a lot of months and years. So yeah, that's why I'm so done here. No use beating a dead horse. It's already been established that a poser is lurking around somewhere and still trying too hard to impress. Hmm, are you mad though? Oops... haha. Oh wow, I got my 5th on Lost Outpost (4th non-Grizzco) ;) Well, anyway, I'm just thankful to get my 31st Freelance 999 :)

Fj9YsMj.jpg

PSeCfeP.jpg

JutpaDy.jpg

Last edited:
I had good laugh playing this rotation on Marooner's Bay. I hate the Rapid Blaster Pro. I usually ignore the whole shift if it's included on the list of supplied weapons. But after taking a break from SR on the previous rotation, I felt an itch to play a little bit even though it's on Marooner's and the weapon set is iffy. I knew this isn't possible to take seriously with random players. So yeah, I thought maybe I'd just play until 600? Anyway, I started off on a positive note winning 5 straight games. "Fool's gold" haha because after that I started losing, and then a few more. I couldn't get to 520 for maybe an hour? I was just there going back and forth from 470-510. Normally, I would quit playing because this is usually the sign of a "horrible" rotation. I wasn't tired yet though (like sleepy), so I went on. So after getting to 500 for the third (or fourth time?), I got lucky with teammates who decided that they wanted to lure the bosses, so those games (at least most of them) resulted in wins. It didn't take me long to get to 700+. I was skeptical though. This wasn't supposed to be an easy rotation. It's surprising for me to see how awesome the Octobrush is, especially on Steelheads and even Stingers. It's really flexible, albeit you have to watch for your ink. The RB Pro is still the best to handle the Stingers. But you see? I've realized later on, that the weapon set is kind of decent. No Chargers or Splatlings to handle the big bosses, but as a whole, it gets the job done. Still, I couldn't believe I was able to rank up from 600 to 800+ in no time. Couldn't believe I've gotten this far haha. Okay, so I had minor bumps around 850-870. Wave 1 defeat with teams usually starting at 20 quota were the culprit. Lure. Lure. Lure. If you've gotten that far to start on almost HLM but you still didn't know how to lure, you're one of the worst players. Yes, I said it. After getting frustrated a few times, I finally got to 910...then lost another lol. Ugh. It was smooth sailing after that though. 920, 940, 960, 980, then 999. I won five straight to finally get the very unexpected Freelance 999. I still couldn't believe my eyes until now haha. So I should add Octobrush and Rapid Blaster Pro to my 999 weapons list. Now, I've gotten 49 out of 53 weapons to 999 on Freelance, and nowhere else. I'm so proud, especially getting one for the RB Pro lol. My most hated (not really that "hated" now lol) but now a legit 999. Also, this is my 4th time on Marooner's Bay, and my 32nd pure, full Freelance 999. Yeyyyyy :)

jnjK9vd.jpg

FKnT4bX.jpg

fF7ALKV.jpg

Ugh. Grizzco rotation on Polaris. I'm bored. I'm bored. Tbh, I wasn't supposed to play. I'm not a fan of this kind of rotation. I thought getting one 999 was enough (got it previously on Lost Outpost). Still, I decided to play just for the heck of it. I mean, I was free the whole afternoon,, so why not? So yeah... okay. Randoms, randoms, randoms. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna say "People always find a way to suck" sometime while playing this shift. So yeah. Fast forward to 855+. lol. Honestly, it was smooth sailing from the start until I was around that rank. I lost, maybe 5 times? Guess, what happened next. Hmm, it kind of look like this: 875, 865, 885, 875. 4 straight loss. Main culprit? Luring. Yes, they abused the weapons, especially Slosher thinking it's better to kill everything below because, they could easily kill everything. But, you see? I like to stay near the basket to lure most enemies but how can I put more eggs if I don't see the bosses going up? In the end, it resulted in us missing the quota. Of course, HLM matches wasn't spared. I'm sure not a lot of the randoms deserve being at 400 to 600. Those players who are typically Profresh 100 to 300 can easily get 400+ on this rotation regardless of their skill. In short, if we couldn't even make it past wave 1 (because of you people not luring and at the same time, dying), you are one of the worst players. You are hopeless and the dumbest of all, so feel free to walk away from SR and play a game or do something that doesn't need require you to use your common sense. Ugh. Felt like I spent 10 games trying to go from 870 to 900. I got really annoyed, like seriously? I just wanted to end the rotation as quickly as I can. Thankfully, it was mostly fine from 915 until I've finally reached 999. Grizzco = easy mode. Sure, I could have done it on a much lesser jobs, but like I said, people always find a way to suck on Freelance. What's new? Anyway, so what's the count now? Ahh, this is my 33rd Freelance 999. I don't feel as accomplished, but I'll take it. It's just my 2nd Grizzco lol. I mean, it's not like other players who only have 10 or so (FL999) and 3 or 5 of them were done on easy mode. "Farming", at it's finest as I would say lol. Ahh well. I'm done here. :)

b6FihNh.jpg

BiG4vJ9.jpg

Final game to 999
APWFe2G.jpg

Nowadays, I mostly try to balance everything out between eggs and reviving teammates. It's been a while since I've gotten a "revive" like this and it happened on a Grizzco rotation lol. I probably could've lessen my deaths (they're kind of stupid deaths lol) but we won so that's okay, I guess
FywTr6h.jpg

This was kind of funny, but at least, I was able to fully maximized my special (on the first use).

Ahh.. the post-Grizzco rotation. I wasn't planning to go for 999 actually. I just wanted to play a little bit because of two things: SS and Hydra. The Hydra Splatling is one of those weapons that is difficult to handle, but once you get used to it, you feel that you can really hold your own against any kind of enemies. But yeah, I knew from the start that I'm gonna have problems with random players. Apart from them being on a rank that they obviously don't deserve (*cough* post-Grizzco), I'm sure not all would be able to handle the Hydra. I'm also not a fan of the Undercover Brella and N-Zap combo. They're kind of weak, I guess? I also don't like the "knockback effect" of the Brella. There were a few times when I accidentally fell to my death on high tide while trying to defend/shoot a Drizzler or even the lesser salmonids. What a noob haha. I used it quite a lot of time on the Polaris rotation sometime ago (with the Aerospray), but I still don't like the UB especially when compared to the Splat Brella. That thing is really awesome. So, anyway. I felt the effects of post-Grizzco as soon as I started to play lol. I probably could count on one hand how many times I've been with competent teammates. Still, it was mostly manageable and had only a handful of losses until 850 (felt like it was a copycat of the previous shift, really). Well, I couldn't say the same after that. Took me a while to get to 900 and even 900+ wasn't spared. Losses after losses. They're mostly wave 3 though. High tide was a nightmare. I also had lots of Rush/Glowflies round that were high tide. It was hard with the weapon set, more so if the Hydra user doesn't do it's job or your teammates doesn't know how to hang on the walls when they're being targeted. Arghh. I lost several times on it because of not making the quota. So every time I have the Inkjet as special, I would hang out near the basket so I could put the eggs (in advance) and just use my special once I get targeted. It was mostly effective. There were a lot of times when my teammates just stood there shooting the group of enemies and the goldies and not even putting the eggs so I had to take the risk of being the egg runner even if my character dies (hoping someone will revive) . Oh yeah, I wasn't too happy getting a 1.2 death average haha. I was extremely annoyed of losing, especially at the end. It didn't help that I was already feeling tired and sleepy. Oh, there was also one particular game around 960+. Wave 3 Mothership. Normal tide. HLM. You thought it was safe? Nope! That person with the Stingray had already exhausted their special on the previous high tide waves. I'm using the Brella. Ugh. But is it still possible to win it? Oh yeah! Two things: If you're the Hydra, shoot those chinooks on top of the Mothership as they come out to get more eggs the first time the ship goes to the basket. Then, after making quota, the Hydra user must prevent the ship to go near the basket. It's pretty simple. Fully-charged the weapon and shoot it. Ugh. But my teammate decided to be stupid. We were about 23/25 eggs on the last part but this Hydra user decided not to shoot the Mothership right away and it stole two of our eggs. We actually had 2 eggs in reserve so I guess we would've still made it if they weren't stolen. Ugh. Yes, it was HLM. You FFff@^*#^# Hydra user!!! HLM players that act stupid like that are hopeless. There, I said it! Anyway, I'm tired of ranting lol. It wasn't really a fun rotation for me all around but I eventually got my 999 playing with these idiots. It's also been a while since I got a 999 using the Hydra (it happened on my 2nd Freelance 999 last year). For now, I got my 34th Freelance 999. :)

2oNvHzd.jpg

Mn2teDR.jpg

WZz8Fla.jpg
[/center]

Wow! I've played SR for a while now, but have never gotten 999. I think the highest I've gotten is 775. In fact last night I was so frustrated that after losing 5 matches in a row I reset my rank to 40. >.< What are your top three tips? Looking at my stats, I seem to collect a lot less eggs (average of 10.7)...

Back