• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Would you play Animal crossing on mobile?

I think a lot of people (including people who say they won't) will download it purely out of curiosity xD

I probably would if the app was available to all smart phones not just Apple. It would be great to have more player to player interactions, maybe more mini games, better ways to trade, I could check on my villagers all day no matter where I am. The mobile field is large and Nintendo should use it well and not include in app purchases because everyone is sick and tired of those kinds of games :p

I probably would if the app was available to all smart phones not just Apple. It would be great to have more player to player interactions, maybe more mini games, better ways to trade, I could check on my villagers all day no matter where I am. The mobile field is large and Nintendo should use it well and not include in app purchases because everyone is sick and tired of those kinds of games :p

It'll be all smartphones. :D

I would and will! And honestly even if the game sucked I would play it cause I'm such a animal crossing trash lol

If it was a pay up front game (like minecraft PE) and you just played like normal without in app purchases I'd consider it but if it was like The Sims Freeplay or the Kardashian apps i wouldn't play because that would kinda ruin the experience IMO

I'll only pay it if it wasn't expensive. In app purchases are the absolute worst.

I have a stash of over $90 in the App Store now, so I'd really have no problem with spending so much for the game. What I'm really worried about is bad touch screen controls.

I'd totally get it if it were the type of thing where...
• You could design your own house/avatar and share it to a HHN kind of thing
• You still lived in a town and could interact with villagers and whatnot without having to walk around (i.e. having there be a map and you could tap on a villager's house to go to it) unless it were more of a simple 8-bit engine
• There were holidays/events that you could participate in to get items
• You had a job at Nook's shop and could get money by working there rather than needing in-app purchases

OR if it were a Tiny Tower-type thing in which you'd have to make your apt building/neighborhood/town as cool as possible to get villagers to move in.

Last edited:
I probably wouldn't play any new mobile Animal Crossing games. I've tried Pocket Camp so many times and I can't stand it :'0 Though if it's more like a mainstream Animal Crossing game, I would try it out. I don't see myself enjoying it honestly. I would rather play a mainstream AC game on a bigger screen and I just feel like a mobile game wouldn't live up to the quality of New Horizons or New Leaf :]

If the Nintendo "NX" is capable of connecting to mobile devices would you download a animal crossing game onto your mobile device and play it? (A Rumor)

I can see where Nintendo is going with their mobile market, they want to bring there casual games closer to casual gamers on mobile. and Animal crossing is a casual game that appeals to all age groups, both male and female gamers, Impressive isn't it?

Now im not saying a animal crossing game on a mobile platform will be the same as the traditional games we play on the Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii, We could get something entirely new and not expected like Animal crossing amiibo festival.

What type of game would you think it would be, It would probably have to be something that would utilize the animal crossing cards so my personal thoughts is that If Nintendo does bring animal crossing onto the mobile platform i can see it being a social / card game almost like Miitomo but at the same time nothing like it.

Heck yeah I would, animal crossing without plugging my switch in every 10 minutes? Absolutely.

i think it’d be fine but controls on mobile games are never really any good, it’s probably gonna be a hassle to move around nonetheless try to do basically anything at all. i mean im not the biggest fan of the idea but if it were to happen i would download and try it (and probably not even end up deleting it as i still have pocket camp for some reason even though im like never on it)

i know this is old and that pocket camp has since been released lmao but i’d be down for a mainline mobile ac game! pocket camp was alright but i usually get bored of it after a week aha but i definitely wouldn’t be opposed to a non-spinoff mobile game one day!

I think I would but I'm already playing other games on there. I guess it depends on the quality of the game too since I really like playing it on the switch cause of the graphics and the overall experience. Idk if they're able to accommodate everything as closely as the console versions, but I would definitely give it a try.

I'd probably look into it first. Mobile touchscreen controls aren't a dealbreaker for me, but I'd be feeling uncertain over a main series game being a mobile app for fear that they might start to lean on microtransactions. As long as they weren't taking the series in that direction, I'd probably give it a try at least! Another worry of mine is that I might not stick to it, though—I much prefer playing on handheld consoles over my phone whenever possible. I feel like I'd be limited in my game-time because I'd be trying to juggle Animal Crossing with all the other stuff I use my phone for.

Funny seeing this thread with hindsight lol! I don't mind Pocket Camp, the items are gorgeous and I love the simple customisation options plus the fun of visiting each other's campsites/cabins, etc. My main issue with it is the fortune cookie system (pure rng) and the micro-transactions which I am generally against. I really want to get back into Pocket Camp when I get more time again so that I can share flowers in events with people and screenshots of my designs!

I once played Pocket Camp for a while and I really enjoyed it.
The only thing I didn’t like was the time it takes to create an item, you have to wait HOURS just to get a nice cute bed.
I kinda missed the old feeling and went back to acnh xD

Back