• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Would you purchase an Amiibo Festival expansion? *Read first*

LokiBoy

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
6289-4033-7515
This is just an idea a wanted to throw out there, just for ****s and giggles.

So basically the idea is that you could take another flight with the Dodo's to a new Festival Island. The entire island is geared towards multiplayer experiences with your friends. The main feature would be being able to play a more updated version of Amiibo Festival, but over time you could expand the features to add other mini games that you can play with friends.

You could also find exclusive buildings and buildings that were not brought back from previous games. Mini games and competitions could rewards players with trophies and a wide variety of rewards. The festival island would not require amiibo cards/figures to play, but owners of these items would get exclusive features like the have done with HHP, the campsite, and Roosts cafe. Some of the features could be brought back to your island just like HHP. The festival island could also host a few new characters as well as old characters that never made it from past games.

I thought this would be a cute idea that would bring more features to the multiplayer aspects of the game. Just feels like multiplayer was never really fleshed out as much as it should have been. I also feel like Amiibo Festival was a great idea for a game, but it feels like it should be more of an expansion to the mainline games then a game of its own. Basically you fly to this new island, and you can prompted to either create a unique code for friends only access, or you can leave the gates open for random drop ins.

This expansion could also expand on the critterpedia by adding new features like a daily regional scoreboard for catchers. It would introduce new ways to compete in fishing and bugs catching like rare colours, size and weight. Also which would be factored into your score. Again, players would be rewarded with trophies and a wide variety of other rewards.

I just want to highlight, the island wouldn't just have the Amiibo festival game on it. It could also introduce so many other ideas for multiplayer games, tasks, etc. I also want to not that in cases of disconnection from players, those players characters could be switch to an automated bot that way the game doesn't end every time a person disconnects and all games can be played through. If the owner of the island disconnects, the owners can be switched to another random player or a bot.

I enjoyed Amiibo Festival, and I feel like if it had been marketed differently, it would have been more successful. I think it could totally work as an extension of New Horizons if it were done right. If the DLC were cheap, I would probably buy it. But I would hesitate if were more expensive, or if it required an active NSO account to play it, because I don't have one and don't want to pay for one.

Probably not, since I'm not big into Amiibo gimmick. They're a bit difficult to find in my area.

I never had a wiiu to play amiibo festival, but I loved playing the new leaf version of desert island escape! I thought being able to use your villagers as players was a nice compromise with the amiibo situation, as you really didn't need amiibo to play :) I'd buy some dlc along those lines, especially if it had a multiplayer focus

Probably not, since I'm not big into Amiibo gimmick. They're a bit difficult to find in my area.

Thats why I wouldn’t make having amiibo a requirement. I also think all expansion should work without online.

i wouldn't be opposed to it. god knows this game has as good as zero multiplayer functionality. obviously i would prefer an updated tortimer's island just for simplicity's sake, but i could be tempted by an expansion specifically designed around expanded/additional mini-games if the price was right and depending on how it would benefit the main game.

i probably wouldn’t. i’ve never played amiibo festival before, but it doesn’t really seem like something i’d enjoy. i also don’t play new horizons with other people all that often to begin with, so i don’t want to pay for something i likely wouldn’t use all that much. i would personally prefer, and be happier with, the minigames from new leaf as i’d be able to play those by myself, and i can’t really do that with something like amiibo festival.

this isn’t a bad idea at all, nor am i opposed to it whatsoever — it just doesn’t appeal to me. 😅

Last edited:
amiibo festival was so boring to me. I bought it extremely on sale (like 90% off) for the amiibo figures it came with but gave the game a shot. I don’t think I would buy it as dlc until a bunch of reviews told me it was worth it.

amiibo festival was so boring to me. I bought it extremely on sale (like 90% off) for the amiibo figures it came with but gave the game a shot. I don’t think I would buy it as dlc until a bunch of reviews told me it was worth it.

Yea, see they would absolutely need to make improvements taking into consideration what review complained about, but I mean concept was actually really good and if done right it could actually be a hit as a DLC. I doubt it would ever get off the ground as a standalone game though.

I would buy pretty much any dlc they put out.
But I don't want multiplayer to be dlc as then you can only play with those who have the dlc

I was hoping they would do this cause I never got to play amiibo festival, but the series 5 Amiibo cards don't have the dice number or rock/paper/scissors symbols & Nintendo confirmed to IGN that there would be no more paid dlc :(

I feel that nintendo really threw amiibo festival to the wolves as the wii u was not doing as good as expected. From your description it would sound like a good idea with the added features and id play that. But if it were the game itself with nothing added i wouldn't bother.

I wouldn't. I am not into multiplayer stuff at all.
Mostly because no one I know would play animal crossing or they would be too busy anyway if I somehow convinced to try out animal crossing. And... I am not really a fan of playing with strangers online from pc experience. Especially if it was a strategy game and they are in a hurry because they thought it was a good idea to start a game with other people to only have a time slot to play for 15 or 30 minutes.
Even if this multiplayer DLC thing had exclusive items or abilities you can take back with you to your main map, I would totally skip it right off the bat. (which it would be a shame if that was the only way you could get them).

I would absolutely purchase this. I missed doing island games with my partner in New Leaf. Having some type of DLC that introduced an Amiibo festival-like vibe with mini games that you could play with friends list or randoms would be amazing.

Can't say it'd be an auto-purchase for me. Ultimately, whether or not I'd buy a theoretical Amiibo Festival DLC depends on three factors: the price, the actual gameplay of it and whether or not I'd actually have anybody to play it with to justify buying it. Those factors make it seem unlikely I ever would tbh.

It wouldn't be an auto purchase for me. What would, however, would be DLC that makes NPC's available as villagers.

Need to be able to get amiibo cards first before purchasing a DLC like that hahahaha..... *sob*

I never played amiibo festival, but a multiplayer game island sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully open to everyone/random players because my friend list is sparse. 😅

Back