Wuthering Waves

I'm currently trying to update the game to version 1.1!

It may take a while to load the update but I'm so excited! 🥳

LRsYJZB.jpg

Managed to win the 50/50 for Jinhsi! My first 50/50 win in this game!! 🥳 🥳 🥳

My build for her is already coming along well and she's fun to use in battle with Yinlin and Verina. :blush:

P6RDwhU.jpg

OOO, I got a second Jinhsi on 50/50, this time at early pity! At around 17 pity to be exact. The best part is I wasn't expecting it at all, I was just trying to get some more currency to exchange for shell credits. 😭

Though I've been, occupied with other,.. stuff, I'm still playing this game. It's been the only game I've been playing... I'm still playing through the story stuff from this update, and enjoying it. I'm only on for like an hour or two a day rn. I haven't got to try out the new characters yet, but I look forward to it. I plan to pull for Changli when she shows up, if like her which I think I will. I still need to do the last ascension quest thingy, so I'll probably hit that after I get the update stuff done. I just recently been able to get 5 star echos to drop and since I still need to get a 5 start weapon, any, I'll probably play around with echos and see if that helps me out on beating that quest. I'm glad the map glitch was fixed. I'll have to remember to visit that one place for rewards since I have some areas showing 100% now.

Been playing this game the past few days, honestly it's been really fun! Might admit I like WuWa more than Genshin now, the animations are more fluid and you can skip most of the dialogue which is huge. Also feels like you can press through the convo quicker, which is a big plus for me since I read way faster than the text/animation (and having to sit through the long dialogue I already read bores me 😭). The skip button really got me to read the story more surprisingly, because I can save my energy for more important dialogue compared to small talk. Plus the parry & dodge mechanics are really fun! Games with parry/dodge mechanics aren't really my thing so I'm glad this game got me into it. The bosses feel more difficult, and this game doesn't really give you many options for shielding so you really do have to learn to counter. I especially enjoyed the fight with the first Threnodian, really great boss battle for a gacha game.

One downside is the massive loredump at the beginning, though I kind of understand since worldbuilding is hard at the start. I kind of just trust that I'll understand all the stuff sooner or later, but I picked up enough info to understand the first Act 😅 I also wasn't a fan of the voice acting at the start, I muted the voices but kinda regret it now since I've muted all of the dialogues of the new characters I met lol.

Anyway, my pulls went super great today!! I really wanted Jinhsi, she's my favorite so far, I love her, her story, and her design a lot 😭 I sadly lost 50/50 to Verina (which is kinda not a big loss since she's the one standard character I really wanted), but after doing 2 more pulls I got gold again and???

1000014299.jpg

like oh my goodness say it aint so 😭💖😭💖😭💖

1000014300.jpg

(sorry for the quality i was shaking when i took these pics and forgot i could screenshot LMAO)

Been playing this game the past few days, honestly it's been really fun! Might admit I like WuWa more than Genshin now, the animations are more fluid and you can skip most of the dialogue which is huge. Also feels like you can press through the convo quicker, which is a big plus for me since I read way faster than the text/animation (and having to sit through the long dialogue I already read bores me 😭). The skip button really got me to read the story more surprisingly, because I can save my energy for more important dialogue compared to small talk. Plus the parry & dodge mechanics are really fun! Games with parry/dodge mechanics aren't really my thing so I'm glad this game got me into it. The bosses feel more difficult, and this game doesn't really give you many options for shielding so you really do have to learn to counter. I especially enjoyed the fight with the first Threnodian, really great boss battle for a gacha game.

One downside is the massive loredump at the beginning, though I kind of understand since worldbuilding is hard at the start. I kind of just trust that I'll understand all the stuff sooner or later, but I picked up enough info to understand the first Act 😅 I also wasn't a fan of the voice acting at the start, I muted the voices but kinda regret it now since I've muted all of the dialogues of the new characters I met lol.

Anyway, my pulls went super great today!! I really wanted Jinhsi, she's my favorite so far, I love her, her story, and her design a lot 😭 I sadly lost 50/50 to Verina (which is kinda not a big loss since she's the one standard character I really wanted), but after doing 2 more pulls I got gold again and???

View attachment 571304

like oh my goodness say it aint so 😭💖😭💖😭💖

View attachment 571299

(sorry for the quality i was shaking when i took these pics and forgot i could screenshot LMAO)
1000014544.jpg

oh my godddd!! didnt think it would happen but i got really lucky with early pity !! 😭 i was somewhere in the early 30s with pity when i got this weapon! c:

1000014545.jpg

jinhsi the woman that you are i would do anything for you.....

dhrorrm-df4c18ff-0214-4176-b147-555b5bf9d55e.png

girl is jinhsiyapper3000 when will she shut up
when i tell you i really like this game.... 🥹 💕 i'm prolly gonna slow down progress since i've finished the main quests so far, but ahh i love the animation and gameplay! the english dub needs more improvement imo but asides from that, it's been lotsa fun!

I hit union level 51 today. Mostly trying to upgrade my characters as much as I can to beat a high level enemy in the new area to complete the event in time. I already got one enemy knocked out an ascension ago but couldn't get this other one. I am tempted to farm materials for Changli though instead because I'm excited to pull for her as she would be my first banner event character to try for.

Just reached Union Level 59 today. I'm at around 61 pity so far and saving finishing the events and exploration for closer to when Changli debuts. I plan on going for her even though I already have Jiyan, Yinlin, and Jinhsi. Have a feeling I'm due for a 50/50 loss, but we'll see. : ' )

I don't think I mentioned that I haven't been lucky enough to have a 5 star weapon at all yet. lol. I did knock out all the red aura enemies on the maps except for two which is in the new area. Not quite strong enough yet for those. I wonder why some are part of rewards and some aren't.

I just today reached Union Level 60 and ranked up to Rank 7, meaning I can ascend my characters to max level now! And I decided that I'd ascend my favorite character in the game currently, Jinhsi, to max level first! 🥳

XVBNErT.jpg

I already posted this in Brewster's Cafe, but I won the 50/50 for Changli!! I'm super ecstatic about it considering how poorly my character RNG started for this game. That makes at least 3 50/50 wins in a row. I don't plan on going for the next patch characters or wavebands for Changli, so I'm content for now to just work on building her team. Currently I'm using her with Encore and Jianxin, although that's subject to change. :3

MvJeBPH.jpg

I told myself I was not going to pull for Changli and save for a limited 5 star healer since I think it would be really great to have another strong healer so I can build two teams with a healer. Well I lied and I pulled and got Changli! I don't think I will pull for her weapon though but I could change my mind about that as well due to the lack of good weapons in WuWa. I think after pulling Changli I will wait though until a healer is announced... unless I really like the design and the gameplay of the limited 5 star that is coming out. It's hard to pull for characters when there isn't as many exp materials given out that you need so you have to be super selective in who you level up.

I managed to get Changli and her weapon. I thought her story was pretty good and I think she is fun to use tbh. So glad I managed to get her. I wonder when I'll get the chance to get her wavebands though. Do you guys keep pulling for the banner character for wavebands or just wait it out?

(For those wondering about the next characters they do tease them ahead of time, just Google 💕)

I managed to get Changli and her weapon. I thought her story was pretty good and I think she is fun to use tbh. So glad I managed to get her. I wonder when I'll get the chance to get her wavebands though. Do you guys keep pulling for the banner character for wavebands or just wait it out?

(For those wondering about the next characters they do tease them ahead of time, just Google 💕)

I don't really go for wavebands on the 5 star characters in this game. The only character I went for extra wavebands on was Jiyan, which in hindsight was probably a mistake seeing as he's getting powercrept over time.

The only character I can say for sure I plan on getting extra wavebands for again is Phrolova (whenever she's made playable), because I love her design and personality, and she's currently my favorite non-playable character in the game. Otherwise if I go for a character I'll always just get their w0.

In case anyone hasn't seen, the trailer for the newest update set to arrive this coming week is out.

Personally I'm going to be skipping this next patch's characters as I'm not interested in the painter girl and the dude is a free character. Good luck to everyone who'll be pulling though!

Extremely late announcement but the 1.2 update for Wuthering Waves is live and you'll be able to download the update!

I never thought about looking for their trailer. I should start watching them. I usually just look as character art when they first tease them, then wait for the update and look through everything.
I wasn't planning on going for these characters, but I'll still make my final decision on that after trying them out as usual. I do like how they tried something different.. I mean the paint brush is an interesting choice for a weapon. Hopefully enough people like her to encourage them to go in odd directions like that sometimes. Or at least I find it odd but good.
I wonder what made them decide to have that guy be a free character. I'll collect him since he's free and he may come in handy for something later.
I did finally decide to go with Verina with my voucher but still holding off on cashing in. She just seems too useful not to pick.

Back