Flickering Fiends [Closed!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20231015_152158_(1280_x_1280_pixel).jpg

Here's my spooky cube

The unholy trinity of tbt:
Vask, Wix and Pierrot

IMG_9545.jpeg

Inspired by the ongoing fanfic in one of the tents that’s keeping me on the edge of my seat.

IMG_9538.jpeg
IMG_9542.jpeg

IMG_9541.jpeg

IMG_9543.jpeg

FlickeringFiends.jpg

..crickety-clack-crickety-clack..
An odd, creaky sound can be heard in the distance beyond the dark forest. You squint your eyes and peer through the dense trees, to see a slow-moving wagon with blue orbs floating about. Oh, is that Wisp? But something feels wrong. His eyes are hazy and red.
..crickety-clack-crickety-clack..
Maybe it's best to stay within the fair grounds and better yet, find an item to ward off evil spirits.​

👻Your Task

Create a spooky digital or traditional design on the Paper Cube Light Template show below. Then print it out, fold, glue/tape it and present your submission photo by Sunday, October 22, at 11:59 PM EDT.

Don't have access to a printer?
You may assemble your cube, square by square with these measurements below. Then either glue or tape them together.

👻Rules

• Only one entry per person. No collaborations.
  • Your entry is final once posted.
  • At least two sides/faces of the cube must be shown in your submission photo!
  • Your design must be Halloween-inspired or spooky themed.
  • Both traditional and digital mediums are acceptable.
  • Include a physical nametag of your Username in your photo.
  • Design within the cube template only. Do not add extra appendages or decorations to the cube.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your submission. If we feel your entry lacks effort or has been submitted as a joke, it will not be accepted.
  • Your design must be suitable for a PG-13 audience and abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
  • Your design must be entirely your own work (e.g.: no pre-existing renders, AI-generated art, stickers, or tracing others' work)
👻Example Submission

👻Prizes

• Participation: 13 Carnival Coins + 2 Sideshow Tickets.
  • Staff Favorites: Sinister Lantern collectible + 3 Carnival Coins
👻FAQ

Q: Can all sides/faces of the cube be different?
A: Yes, that's fine!
Q: Can I cut out designs into my cube?
A: No. This event will focus only on drawn designs (digitally or traditionally).
Q: Can I digitally draw a design for my cube and then traditionally color it?
A: Yes!
Question!!! Can I use black paper??? I have an idea to use with my metallic pens.

I'm just a person with a mouse, MS Paint, and a dream.
No real artistic aptitude or tools at my disposal, but I had a nifty idea, and saw it through to its realization!
I proudly to invite you to gaze into the future with:

Kikotoot's 3D Crystal Ball
IMG_0521.jpg

Getting all the perspectives planned out was one thing, getting them to actually work and testing them out was another. Am super happy with the end-result though: it looks like a crystal ball in a topless box with two glass sides!

You could almost reach down into it and pick it up!

Approx 7 and a half hours of planning, sketching, doing, and redoing 🥹
IMG_0525.jpg

No real artistic aptitude or tools at my disposal, but I had a nifty idea, and saw it through to its realization!

View attachment 516835

Getting all the perspectives planned out was one thing, getting them to actually work and testing them out was another. Am super happy with the end-result though: it looks like a crystal ball in a topless box with two glass sides!

OMG this is so cool!!!! the 3D perspective looks perfect!

View attachment 516835

i see a staff favourite win in your future fr, this is incredible!! 😍

i see a staff favourite win in your future fr, this is incredible!! 😍
that would be too incredible 😭 and a nice redemption for (and the staff have heard me complain about this all too much already) my only other staff favourite in 8 years being for the one halloween without an associated collectible 😅

edit: also, I love how your phrasing ties into the design ❤️

Screenshot_20231017_154032_Gallery.jpg

My favorite part about Halloween is definitely the candy 🍬, so here's my boxy pumpkin pail filled with yummy goodies & treats.

Screenshot_20231017_153628_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231017_153643_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231017_153650_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231017_153230_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231017_153230_Gallery.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back