Forest of the Lustrous - Ended!!!

My entry!
7110E813-5792-4037-B316-7974AE52D74D.jpg

🎇 August 27th - The Third Challenge 🎇

This week's line art was created by yours truly!

Recall yourself!

Startled, you looked into the man who called out to you.

Farley! You gasped, surprised you were able to recall his name.

Farley. You repeated his name again. That's right. You remember now. He is Farley, guardian of the forest.

It all came to you. Finally, finally! You laughed as a wave of relief washed over you.

And who are you?

You are Serena.

You are protector of the crystal pond. Together with Farley, you have guarded this forest for thousands of years.

This place, this very place, was your home. The flash of memories made sense now.

The lost knight and wizard; you showed their way back home. The mysterious creatures –the gyroids– they lived with you in this forest, their jingles and tunes never failed to amuse you.

It was an unfortunate accident. You upset the witch of the forest by bringing wrong ingredient for her potion, and as a result she casted a curse upon you. A curse that made you lost yourself. You were doomed to wander in the forest for all eternity, unable to recall who you were.

But you remember now thanks to Farley. He was more powerful than the witch, and therefore only him can free your caged memory.

You looked around. Ah, the crystal pond. It felt threatening and unfamiliar to you just a moment ago, but now the mere sight of the pond fills you with warmth.

"It has been so long, Farley," you wiped a stray tear from your right eye.

"Centuries, Serena. I've been looking for you. We've all missed you."

As if on cue, your familars, the spirit butterflies fly over to your side.

You gently stroked their wings. A soft smile formed on your lips. It has been so, so long. But now you're back home.

It feels good to be home again.

week3_forest_of_the_lustrous_transparent.png

The image above is the full size transparent lineart!

week3_forest_of_the_lustrous_white.png

The third challenge is due on Saturday, September 3rd at 6:59PM Fair Time. Happy coloring! 💖

By the way this is my first time making lineart on CSP instead of Photoshop and omg CSP is way faster and better 😭

friendship-ended-with-photoshop.png

Good lord that art…
(takes off hat and clutches it to chest, tears brimming)
It is so beautiful 😭🥲🥺

Oh my this is so beautiful……. 😍

I can’t wait to finish work and go home and colour this beautiful art😊

Omg Laudine!!!! This is spectacular!!!!

Aw I'm so glad you liked it!! 😭 I haven't made lineart in a year or so and getting really rusty, so thank you so much for the kind words 🥺 💖 I was afraid I'd botch the lineart haha!

ngl, this one reminds me a lot of your first tbt fair coloring event lineart
That really brings back memories, I can't believe it's been 6 years(!!!) 😱 Maybe I should remaster my first lineart sometimes...

wow laudine, are you saying the other weeks were just warm ups?

because I can kind of agree, with the amount of detail going on in this one

Whoops I know I was forgetting something! Writing that story was really distracting hahah. But I'm not going to say no to Fair extension, the longer the Fair goes the better 😌

Yes helloooo it's me! 😂 👋

The beauty of this masterpiece.
How dare I could possibly color this in? It will not do it justice.

Though the possibilities that some others could do with this, AMAZING.

Back