• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Personal Preference Kit (Crews 3 & 4)

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Tansan
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
1689901066444.png

"Congratulations! You have been selected as one of the lucky space cadets of this year's Space Camp! You will soon board a rocket and blast off to the final frontier. But before you go, you need to pack your Personal Preference Kit." You and your fellow cadets stare blankly at a line in the welcome manual. The belongings you put your heart into packing seem pointless now that Captain Gulliver has vanished and you are drifting aimlessly in the vastness of space. I guess while we wait for more information we can have a metaphorical campfire and share the stories behind our personal picks. 🌟

🧸Task

What is a Personal Preference Kit?

A Personal Preference Kit does not have to be solely suited for space survival. More often than not, these can be mementos and personal items you hold dear to help you through your time away from home. Because we're allowing quite a big luggage limit per person, you are allowed to bring larger sized items. Just make sure they are realistically portable! (No, you can't bring the Stonehenge to space even if it is your comfort rock)

• Using Harvey's Photo Studio, create an outfit for your island rep/character that suits your idea of a space explorer (or even your chill outfit to hang out in your cabin!)
  • Next to your character, place 5 items that you would pack with you for your journey into space. Wall hangings are also allowed but no ceiling hangings or carpets/rugs. Shoes, accessories and clothes that are placed can also be considered part of your 5 items.
  • Included in your post, explain your outfit and item choices in a few sentences. You can explain the practicality of the item or why it is important to you.
    • You do not need to give the name of the item in-game. Just make sure you explain why you brought this item.

Submission Deadline
Please post your submission in this thread before Tuesday August 8th, 6:59PM EDT

🧼 Rules
  • Your screenshot/photo should be unedited. This includes in-game filters.
  • You do not need to create a full scene for this photo shoot - your submission will be accepted as long as we can clearly see your outfit and what 5 items you would bring (save your creativity for the designing event!)
  • Do not edit your entry after you have submitted it unless otherwise asked by the event host.

📷 Voting

The Quarters favourites are entirely community-decided. To vote, simply leave a reaction on the post of any entry. You can use either the (y) Like or :love: Love reaction, they will be added together. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time!

🎻 Prizes

• 15 Observation Tokens for participation & accepted entry
  • 15 Points for your team for participation & accepted entry
  • 8 Mission Tokens for top votes in community voting
  • Rainbow Crescent Moon collectible for top votes in community voting

Submission Checklist
Ready to submit your entry? Check for the following before you hit enter!

☑ Your post shows your island rep in costume and your 5 items.
☑ You wrote a short description explaining your outfit and items.
☑ Your entry is posted before the due date.

FAQ

Question
: Can we use Custom Designs for clothes? Or is it strictly game provided clothes.
Answer: Yes, you can use Custom Designs.

Question: Do we need to add our username to the entry?
Answer: These are done in Harvey's Photo Studio so no, you don't need to add your username! Just make sure your photos has the criteria above!

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

IMG_2464.jpeg

for my outfit, i didn’t want to wear anything too heavy or restricting— i’ve got a long journey ahead of me, so i felt it was important to wear something light and comfy, just like i do back home! i consulted my favourite space expert celeste, and she suggested some starry overalls, a matching hat, comfy slip-on loafers, and some glasses to accessorize! she even painted some pretty moons and stars on my face before i left 🌙🌟🤍

as for what i decided to pack…
  • celeste warned me that there’s been a few spaceship, uh, malfunctions lately, so she let me borrow hers… just in case. it’s a mini one, so i’m sure it won’t weigh us down!
  • a tent and my comfiest pillows! i know we have beds somewhere on board, but camping and sleeping on a planet is on my bucket list, and i am determined to cross it off!
  • a whistloid bong, because i personally think getting high in space is going to be a life-changing experience 😌
  • a laptop, because being in space isn’t going to stop me from being on tbt! if i’m going to space, we’re all going to space— it wouldn’t be right to not bring my forum homies along for the ride!
  • and lastly, a photo of my late kitty, zeva. her lazy butt would have 0 interest in going to space, but it wouldn’t be the same without her 🤍
i hope i didn’t write too much 🫣 i am not a summarizing girly

image0.jpg

Looks like we're going places! I gotta put on the trusty suit, I don't want my casualwear getting space dirt on them. I still have to at least wear my crown. Who knows? Maybe I'll be dubbed the new Queen of a planet. Besides, how else am I supposed to be differentiated among the crew members?

Items I brought along with me include:
  • Axe : My trusty tool. It can be used for chopping trees, cutting things, and maybe even used against hostiles!
  • Fishing Rod : I'm expecting a planet with water, sooner or later. I want to discover alien fish in my travels.
  • Camera : I want to have tangible memories! I also need proof that I've been in space once I'm back home. Maybe even a photo of an alien, too!
  • Hamster : If we can't have them in Hawaii, I'll be bringing one to space. The state laws don't apply there! I'd love a little rodent friend so I don't go crazy being alone in my room.
  • Mug : In honor of being a moon bunny, I brought a white mug with a carrot decal.

F2fK2NNaAAA1SwJ

Winter is my favourite time of year, so I decided to bring winter to the ship! I decided to go with a cozy cardigan outfit with a casquette and slippers! It’s very important to stay as warm as possible so I wore these so I don’t get cold in the ship!

As for the items…

Log bed: I’ve always been in love with wood furniture and I’m on my bed 24/7 during the winter break, I need a comfy place to sleep on a space ship!

Stack of books: Reading in front of the fire place is always a great way to stay warm while doing what you love. Last winter I was reading through the hunger games again, which I do highly recommend by the way

Fireplace: It’s not winter without a lit fireplace for us Canadians! We would always turn ours on to stay warm, especially during Christmas time as temperatures can drop to around -20 degrees Celsius at least once a year

Floor Lamp: I CANNOT get up without light and an alarm due to my horrific sleep schedule, so I definitely need this in the ship so I’ll actually be present to see the galaxy ✨

Book shelf: I have over 50 books on a shelf of my own, they’re some of my most prized possessions and it would hurt me to not bring them along, I would be able to share with my other crew members as well!​

✦ ☾ ✦
555.jpg

Listen, I didn’t come to space to hole up in a spaceship, I am going to be going outside !! I got the basics like shelter, a food source, some way to tell time, and extra trash bags (because I am not trying to litter in outer space), so I feel like my survival rate is a solid 38%! Thank god I also packed extra clothes because while this astronaut fit is keeping me safe, I also feel like a sad and saggy marshmallow. Overall feeling super ready to befriend some extraterrestrials! Although I seem to have forgotten to bring a map with me, so you can call me MIA because I am probably not finding my way back! Tell Blink I love(d) her and am chilling with the aliens now ✦ ☾ ✦

IMG_3564.jpeg

Kay here's what I brought:

Sleeping bag: For camping under the stars (and several new moons?)
Switch: For more epic mk8 and splat battles with my crew while we travel to new galaxies
Berliner: Bringing some baked goods from my home country for everyone to try!
Speaker: So we can blast music and sing along off key together
Tablet: To draw all the crazy stuff this space expedition has required us to draw this far!

What I'm wearing:
Dreamy Dress: Yes, a dress, because I NEED full leg mobility
Paw slippers: Listen I hate stepping on crumbs and I'm sure there will be a lot of cookies consumed on board
Headphones: I can't function without music, simple as that

Personal Preference Kit.JPG

With my casual galaxy hoodie and cozy knit beanie, I'm ready to chill out and relax with my fellow Moon Bunnies as we enjoy the all gorgeous views of space The Observatory has to offer and try not to think about catastrophic asteroids too much. My sneakers are both comfortable as well as practical for running to escape pods on short notice, and my travel pouch keeps me covered if I'm in urgent need of my essentials, or a quick snack.

I've brought with me...
  • A framed photo of one of my fictional spouses—in hindsight maybe a photo of family would've been more appropriate, but not even a trip to outer space can distract me from my obsessions. Also, instant mood boost every time I see it.
  • A beloved plush from home, for the serotonin cute things provide me, and to have something soft to cuddle when I'm feeling anxious or homesick.
  • My Nintendo Switch (in its protective carrying case, of course), because even with all the missions and space exploration and red alerts, I still make time to decompress, and there's nothing better for that than a little time with my favorite video games!
  • A dumbbell, because who's scared of alien laser guns when you've got these guns? 💪
  • And my novelty yoga mat, so I can keep up with the rest of my usual workout and stay in tip-top shape to maximize my chances of survival in case of increasingly-likely emergencies. Also I pre-ordered this thing and it was stupidly expensive so I have to actually use it sometimes ok. (Yes, I actually did pre-order a yoga mat IRL. ...Don't make me explain why.)

IMG_8489.jpg

outfit is obvious, who wouldn't wanna be a sailor scout in space? plus what if the aliens like sailor moon or think i'm cute? it's comfortable both indoors and outdoors and the boots are practical - look at that traction!​

• i'm bringing a bunch of pillows 'cause with my sleep problems i gotta be as comfy as possible
  • some books for when i'm bored or need to pass the time, and to help me fall asleep on those comfy pillows
  • a cd player so i can listen to my favourite music and not go completely insane
  • a plushie that reminds me of my late dog, so she can be with me in space
  • a sword for defense in case the aliens do not like sailor moon or think i'm cute

IMG_1866.jpeg

My outfit is made up of my cyber suit with all of the latest in environment-sensing technology (ooo, ahh), my boots that thermoregulate the temperature of my feet based on the temperature around me, my back pack, my night vision goggles because well, space…and my cap.

I chose to bring with me:

💖 My bear, Nicholas Bear (fun fact: Nicholas and I both have this bear in real life, and we both sleep with our bears every night. I bought them specifically because his name was Nicholas. It’s adorable and from Hazel Village, if anyone wants to see it. :3 )

💖 A little book that I wrote my husband on how much I love him 🥰 (with empty pages in the back that I’ll use for journaling my space adventures :3 )

💖 My alarm clock that doubles as a light. Can never go wrong with that, right?

💖 A pipe! I mean…when I traverse the surfaces of moons and planets, how the hell else am I supposed to get back? Don’t worry, I have more in my pocket 😉

💖 And finally, my humble abode, my tent…it’s warm, it’s got windows, it’s mine.

IMG_0592.jpeg

For my Space Explorer outfit I am wearing the lovely Space Parka, matching dress slacks, Cyber shades, Pilots cap and steel toed boots and my outdoor backpack with capacity for snacks, drinks and specimen collecting.
It was hard to limit five main comfort items, but they had to include the following:
  1. Wall poster of LuLu (because she goes everywhere with me in spirit, even into the nether regions of deep space!)
  2. My Cold sleep Pod … (the beds may not be comfortable and I may need to dream of a mysterious uncharted space island - you never know!)
  3. Video camera to record my adventures and provide proof of Gulliver sightings
  4. My Laptop so I can keep in touch with home base and share data with fellow Moon Bunnies
  5. Super Star for a light source and also a possible power source

campinggear.jpg

I'm sailing into space in my orange seifuku, purple knit tights, and purple cat ear hat...with these purple accessories, I'll be easily recognizable to fellow Space Cetaceans! I'm also wearing a jet pack and space boots in case I need to venture outside of the ship. I have poor eyesight, so it was important to bring my glasses along for navigation purposes.

With me, I'm bringing...
  • A desktop computer... I can use this to make art and play games...two hobbies which keep me sane
  • A comfy pillow... to relax, and be reminded of home
  • Stack of books... mostly novels! Reading keeps my mind busy and helps me fall asleep
  • Glowy alarm clock... reminds me to complete camp tasks on time, also acts as a night light to warn me of potential space spiders and other spooky beings
  • Chocolate chip cookies... a favorite snack that tastes like home 💕

20230802_005117.jpg

For my outfit, I picked out the bunny ears. They represented the playful and curious spirit that fueled my desire to explore space. Next, I chose a flowing and elegant dress. I knew that exploring space would come with its fair share of obstacles, but this dress would serve as a constant reminder to stay composed and persevere.Then came the jet pack and space boots. They were my ticket to soaring among the stars, my means to defy gravity and explore the vastness of space.

As for the bow, it's my trusty defense tool. You never know what might be out there in space, so it's essential to have a way to protect myself. Plus, it's lightweight and easy to carry.

The Nintendo Switch is a must-have because space can get lonely, and it's a great way to pass the time during long journeys. I'll have my favorite games and virtual friends to keep me company.

The tent is for setting up a cozy spot wherever I land, giving me a safe place to rest and recharge.

The telescope will help me marvel at the wonders of the cosmos, discovering new celestial bodies and exploring distant galaxies.

And of course, the map is essential for navigation. Space is vast and full of unknowns, so having a map will guide me on my cosmic adventures.

1690953536202.png

When I won the scholarship for The Lopez Young Ambassadors Program, I thought I hit the jackpot! It was important that I be as prepared as possible to thriving in the "cold, dark, silence" of space that the brochure warned about.

Attire:
  • Cozy jammies, made from a low-particulate fiber in vibrant colors for maximum comfort while still compliant with the cargo hold dormitory HVAC standards.
  • Noise-cancelling / language translating head bobbles: the peak of fashion meets function, these glowing orbs house high-speed super computers that can transmit and transform all incoming sounds for utility
Comfort Items:
  • 🍦 Rainbow soft serve lamp: a cheerful light source known to induce sweet dreams
  • 🪑 Patchwork seat: can be used in various orientations for a variety of lounging positions. Soft enough to not give me a concussion should the station lose gravity. Also sewn with multiple satchels of my favorite scents (lavender, etc.)
  • 🔥 Kotatsu table: I had to have several friends sneak the pieces on board piecemeal; the warmth of the built-in space heater (though contraband) is inviting and a great gathering place for the occasional card game or slumber party
  • 🎨 Tablet: my lifeline; access to all my drawing programs, reports, official mission communiqués, and memes
  • 🍞 Jar of sourdough starter: created before the 2019 Earthborn Pandemic... this is what I will use to start my space bakery... but don't tell anyone I have it

IMG_5640.jpeg

Okay, so - if I’m taking a trip to space, I’m going for the ultimate relaxation experience. And obviously I’m gonna camp out on the surface of a planet. For attire, I’m wearing slippers, comfy pjs, and a face mask cause skincare is important even in different atmospheres probably. As for personal items, I brought 1. A comfy bed to sleep on that’s easily packed away 2. A magazine for some light reading by starlight 3. A kettle to make coffee in, if by chance the surface of the planet is hot enough to heat it on 4. A mug to drink said coffee out of 5. A globe as a reminder of home

IMG_3492.jpeg

Okay here’s mine😊

I’m wearing a floaty dress and comfy shoes, tiara because my character is always giving queen energy (in space or not)

Firstly, I’m taking my camping chair, I’m a gal who DOES not enjoy standing around, so my camping chair is used in real life when I go to airsoft and things!
Secondly, I’m bringing a lantern, if it’s dark I need to be able to see.
Thirdly, a soft toy for comfort, if it was real life I’d show you all my groot that has the other half of my bed when my partner is working away🥹.
Fourth, potato chips because this gal loves to snack!
Fifth, cola because I’m sure it’s all I drink (apart from tea and coffee)🫠

rsz_image0_2.jpg

Time for take off, comfy clothes is the way to go! if i'm being in outer space i'm guessing its going to be.... cold, so i decided i was going to put on my softest comfy clothes so i am nice and snuggly, and my glasses so im able to see through my telescope

My items i've decided to bring with me:

1.Coco poster, i don't think anyone is surprised i have brought along a photo of coco as i wont be able to have a daily conversation with her while on my explorations.
2.Stuffed Dog Plush - one of my favourite items, teddybears! you can never have enough! and i thought nothing better to cuddle with while travelling through open space.
3.Cushion- sitting on the hard floor wouldn't sit right for my bottom, so i chose to bring a cushion to sit on so i can have a nice comfy bottom and a pain free back!
4.Telescope- probably the best thought idea as i will be travelling and seeing some of the best sites throughout the galaxy, a telescope is needed to bring me the greatest sites!
5. Altar- As a buddhist i would also bring my travelling altar with me so i'm able to have some sense of meditation and calming with my Altar, given i won't have any matches to light the candle......​

IMG_6419.jpeg

As a moon bunny, there's no better way to represent team pride than with bunny ears. For the special occasion, I also made sure to don my smartest clothes in the team colour.

As for the items, it can get pretty chilly up in space, so I couldn't go without a kotatsu. It also makes the perfect spot to nap and laze around when we're not busy navigating the galaxy and other such important things.

As you can see, the most vital belonging here is a laptop. Gotta keep posting on TBT. Not to mention, if I'm disconnected from the internet for more than a day then I'll turn to space dust. It's tragic but can't be helped.

Next, on a similar note, my trusty Nintendo Switch. It has a variety of games, but most importantly it has Animal Crossing. This one's a no-brainer if you ask me.

Space rations are okay I guess, but for some home comfort I brought some dessert with me. Carrot cake, of course. Nothing beats gazing at the stars while indulging in a tasty treat.

Last but definitely not least, some art supplies. This one's more personal, but art is my favourite pastime and there's a whole universe of inspiration out there that it would surely be a shame to waste.

With the Camp Bell Tree activities and the items in my cabin, this expedition is bound to be out of this world!

2023080214374900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Since this camp is involving the space and the stars, I decided to go out in a dream-like fashion.
For my outfit: I wear the blue dreamy dress with ribboned-straw hat, horizontal striped tights, bear backpack, and blue shiny bow platform shoes. Can't go out to space without looking fashionable and dreamy.

As for the items I'll bring, I brought in:
  • A Laptop to communicate with others afar from me and work on art in an art program/application. Possibly storing pictures.
  • A dreamy rabbit toy because I needed something to sleep with.
  • A Nintendo switch to play games in whenever I'm bored.
  • A nova light to provide a source of light when navigating through places or serve as a night light.
  • A Zen cushion to provide comfort for both sitting and sleeping. A perfect substitute for the sleeping bag.

Here's mine:

rsz_f2inlpxagaatyzn.jpg

As I am proud to be apart of the International Space Cetacean Crew, I wanted some smart and snug purple clothing. This is the type of clothing I would love to own in reali life, and I know I would feel comfortable as well as being able to get around and explore easier and I got a handy tool bag as well, ready for any problem!

For the items I have brought along with me:

Pocket Radio - I can work well and relax well when I have music, or anything else to listen to. I'm sure, if I can tune it correctly, I might be able to pick up some crazy radio frequencies!

Pile of Books - When my work is done for the day, a good book always helps, and having a varity gives me a space of mind. Plus, imagine how fun it'll be to read in my cabin; overlooking the stars and planets we may never have touched down on!

Camera - Speaking of the beautiful view and the new experiences, taking a camera to take pictures of all the great experiences we will have! As a photographer in my own time, I never leave home without one. Lets take some amazing photos to show our villagers once we're back!

Bullentin Board - I think it was wise to bring a board where I can make notes and schedule my day and tasks so I won't forget. It's the best tool for anyone who may accidentally forget something important for the trip!

Toolbox - I try my best to be handy, and I felt as a proceder just in case, and it's always best to pack just to be sure!

My character is wearing the orihime outfit because it is very warm and comfy, while still giving me enough room to move about. I am also wearing starlights on my head that brightens up my day, while also still wearing the star shades in case it is too bright out.

thumbnail_IMG_3245.jpg

For my items I am bringing:
- Cans of food - Good way to have vegetables in case there aren't any in space
- Bread snacks - I love bread and I can eat it with my canned vegetables (anyone bring butter?)
- Laptop - To keep myself entertained
- Camping fire - To provide light, heat, and to cook my canned foods (and toast my bread)
- My dreamy rabbit plush - That is reminiscent of my own bunny to cuddle with

thumbnail_IMG_3247.jpg

Back