TBT Island Tours

I wasn't sure how the humour would land, honestly, hence keeping it minimal. I've always felt my voice is ill-suited for comedy. But I can certainly hold back less in future episodes!
Not everyone will find the same thing funny, it's just personal preference. I think your sense of humour reminds me of my fave britcoms (British comedies), it's a dry wit, deadpan kind of humour :)

There are so many island tour vids out there esp. on youtube that your funny commentary is what makes it unique and fun to watch, so I hope you'll feel more comfortable in the future episodes to do more of that.

Sorry I couldn't reply to each and every one, but I read all your comments and well wishes and my heart swells with joy, thank you for all the sweet remarks! 😭❤ I check this thread frequently and I can't tell you how happy each comment has made me. 🥺 Milkiss has a special place in my heart and I'm glad a lot of people got to enjoy the first island tour video!

I know it's a week away but I'm stoked for the second episode! 💖

You really shouldn't be. I didn't mention it in my feedback because I thought it would come off as weird or awkward, but I thought your voice/accent was fantastic! You have a great voice for narration or commentary in my opinion.
I have to agree with this. I think it’s very common to be critical of your voice over camera. It sounds differently than how we hear it coming from ourselves, but that’s really just how it sounds to other people. When we talk normally, it’s not something we think about on a regular basis. It only becomes clear to us when we hear it back over video. I do like your accent though, and I think it’s great for commentary.

I just got a chance to watch this and I think your island looks absolutely beautiful @skarmoury ! I can’t imagine how much time it took you to decorate and terraform; not to mention place all the paths down. I always loved the screeenshots you post in the screenshot thread. It was nice to finally see more of your island all at once. Everything flows together very well together.

Everyone's input has been taken into consideration and Episode 2 will launch July 15th. 🏝

You really shouldn't be. I didn't mention it in my feedback because I thought it would come off as weird or awkward, but I thought your voice/accent was fantastic! You have a great voice for narration or commentary in my opinion.
I have to agree with this. I think it’s very common to be critical of your voice over camera. It sounds differently than how we hear it coming from ourselves, but that’s really just how it sounds to other people. When we talk normally, it’s not something we think about on a regular basis. It only becomes clear to us when we hear it back over video. I do like your accent though, and I think it’s great for commentary.
I appreciate these comments, thank you! I moved countries when I was a teenager and was ridiculed for my accent at my new school. That's something that has always stuck with me.

Not everyone will find the same thing funny, it's just personal preference. I think your sense of humour reminds me of my fave britcoms (British comedies), it's a dry wit, deadpan kind of humour :)

There are so many island tour vids out there esp. on youtube that your funny commentary is what makes it unique and fun to watch, so I hope you'll feel more comfortable in the future episodes to do more of that.
It's probably unsurprising then that I'm British! Holding back the silliness was less fun anyhow, so there definitely will be more humour.

Superrrrrr late to this, but I just watched this and absolutely love it! Your island is A+++ @skarmoury ! I love all of the paths used, the buildings, and how each area ties in with areas you would normally see in slice-of-life high school anime shows! Not to mention the cherry blossom trees are the cherry on top. 😍 . It’s clear that you put a tremendous amount of work into this island, and I’m glad I was finally able to see what it all looked like as I was definitely curious about it before. :D

Also, the commentary by Vris is solid and really appreciated. As Croconaw mentioned, it really adds a lot to the video and the tour wouldn’t be the same without it. :)

I was finally able to watch the first episode and it was so cool.

@skarmoury has (had?) a precious island, Milkiss is lovable. The idea was executed perfectly, I enjoyed the island as a whole. My favorite parts are the great use of custom pathing for all the sidewalks (including the diagonal ones, those looked hard to achieve!), the "rural" area which was fantastic and brimming with creativity (as Vrisnem commented, shout-out to the puppies living their best life) and the excellent use of forced perspective (the city skiline with all the ads and everything was just so good!).

I also appreciated Vrisnem's commentary, in fact, I would like to see more comments on future tours. The commentary being a mix between jokes (liked the benchwarmer one), insight straight from the creator of the island narrated by you and your own opinions/thoughts makes for a very interesting and engaging video.

Excited to follow the next videos, and will see if I can register for the opportunity to be showcased.

tbtislandtourslogo.png

Hi all and welcome to the second episode of The Bell Tree: Island Tours! In this episode we explore the enchanted forest island of Lunarium by @Rosetti! This gorgeous autumnal island is home to deer, gnomes, and mushroom galore. Grab your raincoat and an umbrella and come join the tour!

I tried to utilise the feedback from the first episode in this one, so I hope people enjoy the changes! I'd love to hear what you thought about the presentation in comparison to the first episode, in addition to hearing what you all thought of @Rosetti's island!

Another wonderful episode and another gorgeous island! I appreciated the changes made, specifically I like that the beginning introduction part of the video was shorter and the tour started quickly. I'm already looking forward to episode 3!

Ahh that terraforming! Woodsy/autumn-inspired islands are so charming - the different mush lamps scattered about look beautiful lit up during the night. I also love your little art/ceremony/beekeeping areas @Rosetti 🥰 Everything has a place nestled within the cliffs.

Great tour & enjoyed your observations/sprinkles of humor in your commentary, @Chris. Vivian isn’t going to appreciate the one-star cafe review! :eek:

aaa thank you so much for the feature!! I feel super honoured, especially considering my island is incomplete in quite a few places! the commentary was fab and smh Vivian for not being on the job LOL

Another awesome episode, love @Rosetti 's Lunarium's forest autumn vibe, very pretty! Autumn is my fave season irl and I enjoyed watching this. I also adore the gnomes and have the same painting (for my gnomes' summer art class lol) so I love seeing the gnomes' party scene!

And lol @Chris I love the cafe scene, I'm now mentally filing the episodes in my head as the following: Epi 1 The Benchwarmer, Epi 2 The Disgruntled Customer :p

Can't wait for the next one!

@Rosetti
Your island is gorgeous! I love the whimsical vibes, the gnome ceremony, and the poem you created for it. So much creativity!

@Chris
Loved this episode too! It was well put together and flowed nicely. Your commentary and sense of humor really are quite fun. Looking forward to the next one!

@Rosetti I really liked your island. It succeeds on presenting cozy but whimsical vibes. I appreciated how some items were surrounded by fairy rings, the custom designs are nice! I also want to mention how I love the way you incorporated so many items, some on "unusual" ways. Like, the use of wedding candles, dropped pumpkins/acorns and hyacinth lamps to capture that magical feeling? Awesome. The moon area was great.

@Chris The edit game was cool, liked the quick start. Maybe you didn't run into the tree three times, maybe it was enchanted and it was trying to attack (or hug?) you. Your commentary was a nice mix of insight, opinion and jokes- and also liked how you gave the overview of Rosetti on the artistic area.

Great episode!
@Chris I liked that you mentioned the log bench from the previous episode. I love your commentary! Please keep forever doing these episodes 😍

@Rosetti
What a lovely island, full of flowers and mushrooms. It has a very fairy-ish whimsical feel to it. I really enjoyed the tour!

Last edited:
I am really enjoying this Thread and looking forward to the upcoming episodes. The only thing i thought was a shame is that the houses where not showcased too, maybe in future episodes 🙂.

Really enjoying this official Island tours 🏝!

I've not had a lot of free time lately, but I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to leave comments about the video. I'm glad you all enjoyed seeing @Rosetti's island!

I would also like to retract my previous review of the café in Lunarium. I decided to give it a second chance and this time Rosetti took notice of me staring longingly at an empty plate then kindly came over and took my order. 5/5 stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

E7BBNpHVkAUwgf0.jpeg
E7BBNpKVUAIwU85.jpeg

tbtislandtourslogo.png

Unfortunately the third episode of TBT Island Tours has been delayed due to some very exciting things happening in my personal and professional life. When I have had the time to come onto the forum my primary focus has been working on preparations for our upcoming team-based event, Camp Bell Tree, that will run August 8th 2021 - August 29th 2021. (Not sure what that is? You can read about it here!)

The next island to be featured was chosen two weeks ago and it is breathtakingly beautiful! In order to do it justice I need a little more time to get the episode ready. In the meantime, I leave you with this wonderful outfit that @NefariousKing helped me to complete. Thanks man!

E7EWY4cXsAQZOeA (2).jpeg

Back