• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT's Earth Week 2024: The Natural World - Winners!

Congrats to all the winners!!!
im happy to see nine winners!!! I was expecting only one person!

Everyone's entry was so lovely and it was so nice to share photos! I'm actually surprised that some of the entries didn't get picked!! Some seriously stunning photos!
Anyways...
Everyone's a winner in my head... Collectibleless winners but still....

This was a fun event, would love to see it show up again. Congrats to the winners!

WOW, I can't believe my blurry beach shot was worthy -- tyty for the vote and I absolutely loved this event! It was really in the spirit of Animal Crossing to go appreciate nature. I looked up the creature from my photo and determined they are called "Goose Neck Barnacles". Neato! But also kinda creepy to think it may have bumped against my body as I was swimming...

1714787650060.png

The thread was closed by the time I had a chance to look at everything, but I wanted to say some things to the other entries.

@Jacob -- I was inspired by your beach shot, and so envy that you can run down and feel the waves any time. You're welcome to borrow the LOTV as partial credit. XD
@Nika -- that tulip is amazing!
@Aurita -- your neighbor really does have a lovely tree and it's so verdant there!
@Firesquids -- YASSSS this is the photo I was hoping someone would submit-- I love this sort of macrophotography.
@amemome -- I love your sky shot; and on those lovely hills. What a great view!
@DaCoSim -- you had my vote from the get-go. I just learned that Cannas can grow in my zone, so I will go hunting for one because I do not have a green thumb and would love a plant that can survive my blundering garden skills.
@Xara -- My dad told me as a little kid that every time a butterfly surprise lands on you, it's a loved one saying hello from the afterlife (that was meant to be comforting, not creepy). What luck!
@Drawdler -- that bird looks regal yet suspicious. Hold on to your belongings!
@digimon -- Mr./Mrs. Snail looks so pleased! What a great creature photo. I am suddenly craving pandan waffles...
@Chibi.Hoshi -- the colors in your photo are unrivaled... it's like a painting!
@calias -- while I did get the heebie-jeebies eyeing that spider, it's so fascinating! You have a great crop and lighting on it; you must be a pro!
@Aerith -- the flower and the moth are also great and I can't believe how close you got to the birb.
@skarmoury -- you triggered me because it looks like one of the mirrors from a past event XD
@Airysuit -- what an amazing shot-- I've never considered that flying over the north pole would be efficient, wow! Hope your family is okay.
@Sheando -- were you ever tempted to climb that tree?
@mogyay -- I want to visit you and all the other tbt-folk in Scotland! I've never been so close to a little lamb (it's all bovines where I'm from).
@Aquilla -- I hope the lil bee made it, ;_; And dannnng girl, that pink-purple sky is totally our aesthetic ;D
@Flyffel -- how does wild asparagus taste compared to the store-bought kind? Is it less or more fibrous? I must know!

TYSM for hosting this event, staff, and I hope the new "Entry" marker on the submitted photos was useful.
I am so not ready for TBTWC...

Congrats to all the winners! We had such a diverse pool of photos to choose from and they were all spectacular! From flora to fauna, beaches to forests and even the North Pole, you gave us so many impressive photos!🌳🐦‍⬛🌿🐌🌺🦋

You should all be proud and I hope you enjoyed this event as much as we did!

WOW, I can't believe my blurry beach shot was worthy -- tyty for the vote and I absolutely loved this event! It was really in the spirit of Animal Crossing to go appreciate nature. I looked up the creature from my photo and determined they are called "Goose Neck Barnacles". Neato! But also kinda creepy to think it may have bumped against my body as I was swimming...

View attachment 558610

The thread was closed by the time I had a chance to look at everything, but I wanted to say some things to the other entries.

@Jacob -- I was inspired by your beach shot, and so envy that you can run down and feel the waves any time. You're welcome to borrow the LOTV as partial credit. XD
@Aurita -- your neighbor really does have a lovely tree and it's so verdant there!
@Firesquids -- YASSSS this is the photo I was hoping someone would submit-- I love this sort of macrophotography.
@DaCoSim -- you had my vote from the get-go. I just learned that Cannas can grow in my zone, so I will go hunting for one because I do not have a green thumb and would love a plant that can survive my blundering garden skills.
@Xara -- My dad told me as a little kid that every time a butterfly surprise lands on you, it's a loved one saying hello from the afterlife (that was meant to be comforting, not creepy). What luck!
@digimon -- Mr./Mrs. Snail looks so pleased! What a great creature photo. I am suddenly craving pandan waffles...
@calias -- while I did get the heebie-jeebies eyeing that spider, it's so fascinating! You have a great crop and lighting on it; you must be a pro!
@Aerith -- the flower and the moth are also great and I can't believe how close you got to the birb.
@skarmoury -- you triggered me because it looks like one of the mirrors from a past event XD
@Airysuit -- what an amazing shot-- I've never considered that flying over the north pole would be efficient, wow! Hope your family is okay.
@mogyay -- I want to visit you and all the other tbt-folk in Scotland! I've never been so close to a little lamb (it's all bovines where I'm from).
@Aquilla -- I hope the lil bee made it, ;_; And dannnng girl, that pink-purple sky is totally our aesthetic ;D
@Flyffel -- how does wild asparagus taste compared to the store-bought kind? Is it less or more fibrous? I must know!

TYSM for hosting this event, staff, and I hope the new "Entry" marker on the submitted photos was useful.
Awe! Thank u so much Renn!!! Duuuuude, if u lived close to me, I could give u TONS!!!! I actually dug out 3 babies for my buddy today since she’s finally ready to plant them (super crazy weather here the last few days!!!) I’m telling u, if I can keep these things alive, then anyone can!!!! Here’s her set that I’m bringing to her tomorrow. U can see in the pic just how much that little middle piece has grown since my original entry pic!
IMG_3327.jpeg

Ah, just logged on today

Congratulations to all the winners and everyone who participated! It was very inspiring to see the variety of photos submitted. Everyone really showed off their unique perspectives on their environments!

And thank you so much for the staff pick, it's an honor! I know I had to sort some things out, so thank you for being patient with me and my submission!

oh um not sure whether to take this as a compliment, but thank you i guess ? 😅 sorry if it was kinda eye-straining hehe!! i definitely strained my eyes a bit trying to take pictures of the patterned canopy, also the sun was so absolutely bright and hot at 2 PM lol my ice cream melted right away ;;

here’s a nicer picture !! idk i love seeing the canopy of trees, they bring me warmth and comfort 💕 i currently live in a bustling city so i really only get to appreciate these kinds of nature-esque views once in a while (or when I’m in my hometown, which is rare). im glad this event allowed me and many others to appreciate nature even just a bit more!! wahhh i pray one day i see the same sceneries others have, they’re absolutely breathtaking. 🌿🍃

hope we can preserve these kinds of sceneries (including everyone’s nature pictures!!) for years to come!! 🥹🌳💖

E5C1C89F-993D-4730-90AE-B4223D7D542A.jpeg

oh um not sure whether to take this as a compliment, but thank you i guess ? 😅 sorry if it was kinda eye-straining hehe!! i definitely strained my eyes a bit trying to take pictures of the patterned canopy, also the sun was so absolutely bright and hot at 2 PM lol my ice cream melted right away ;;

here’s a nicer picture !! idk i love seeing the canopy of trees, they bring me warmth and comfort 💕 i currently live in a bustling city so i really only get to appreciate these kinds of nature-esque views once in a while (or when I’m in my hometown, which is rare). im glad this event allowed me and many others to appreciate nature even just a bit more!! wahhh i pray one day i see the same sceneries others have, they’re absolutely breathtaking. 🌿🍃

hope we can preserve these kinds of sceneries (including everyone’s nature pictures!!) for years to come!! 🥹🌳💖

View attachment 558625
Oh 100% I meant to say that it was a beautiful shot and I totally forgot. My street doesn't have trees that tall and so there's not as much shade cover as I would like, so I usually have to visit an official park to get this kind of view. I would love for this view to be accessible to me at any time. :)

congrats, everyone!! i finally got to look at all the entries and they were all soo breath-taking! great job!

Congrats to the winners! I loved how diverse everyone's photos were. I couldn't find the time to make an entry, but it was still nice to peek in the thread occasionally to see what other members were posting. ^^

The Lily of the Valley collectibles have now been distributed to each of our winners. They're set to hidden by default but you can change this via your inventory page.

Absolutely stunning work by everyone! I was blown away by the overall quality of entries here and went back and forth for days before I finally chose my favorite. I don't think I realized that 95% of the community were professional photographers but here we are. 😮

View attachment 558610

Didn’t get a tag notification for whatever reason—I would love to be able to climb my front yard tree, but alas, my partner and I are in a rental house and the agency has ensured that the lowest branches stay trimmed to cut down on yard debris. As a child I definitely climbed the (obviously different) tree in my front yard all the time. I’ve always preferred to be up off the ground whenever possible.

It was sweet of you to comment on all the photos! I loved your beach shot—wish I lived anywhere even remotely near a beach. So relaxing!

Wow, great entries! Seems we have some fantastic eyes for detail.

Congratulations on the winners! I honestly thought these were professionally shot. I wouldn’t be surprised to see these in a nature magazine. 🌲🗻🌹🌼

Back