• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Welcome to The Viles

Island/Town Name
Vylbrand
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Windflowers
The return of the notorious bush thief @Laudine from Lunatea! I thought they were getting on really well, so I took off and went to dig up old bones.

EW798RPWkAA49ZK

But after Laudine left I found this drawing on the bulletin board. 😂
She claims that he lied to her and coaxed her into buying shrubs that wouldn't bloom in her town right now. How rude!

EW798VcXsAMSNdu

One of my favourite things about this game is the amount of villager interaction there is. It feels like a community rather than just an assortment of characters that just happen to be peppered on the same landmass.

EW9czeNU0AAxC63

EW9ccoMVcAETxSK

EW9ccoJVcAEMtOy

EW9ccoHU0AIeXk0

EW9ccoPVAAE7C6H

I caught a betta! Now I need four more. One for my house and three for Flick. If not obvious, this one is for the museum!

EW_7gZIU8AAg6cT

Fun fact, I keep bettas and have done for years. I used to have up to seven tanks on the go at once, but when I decided to go back to university to do a second degree, and then later progressed into full-time work, the maintenance became too much to keep up with and I had to gradually lower the amount as they passed on.

Below is my current (and only!) betta: Axl - named for the Guns N' Roses frontman. 🐟

QZXJpMw.jpg

(breeders photo - the fish in the tank behind him isn't mine!)

I find lazy villagers so goddamn relatable. If I were a villager I would be the lazy type. To most people on here I probably appear to be the cranky type. I could never be the jock type - I utterly destroyed the muscles in my legs yesterday and now I can't walk properly. 😂

EXBBfMsVAAMuj4P

This little area I'm talking to Sherb in is my favourite part of my island right now. It's unfinished and imperfect but I'm proud of it all the same.

EXBBfNMUwAIwROQ

And this is why Pinky has got to go. It's 2020, I don't want your fax machine. Wolfgang and I already fill the role of the grouchy old people on the island, we don't need a third!

EXFNqe9U0AANqwT

Too late, Lopez. Your name is already used in the term Lopez-splain™. You cannot repair this damage. Your name will forever be associated with mansplaining. Deal with it.

EXF3WJNUMAACX8r

Also, I love how Pinky is constantly hanging out with Filbert and Lopez. It's as if they are aware that they are the top three names on my list of villagers to give the boot and have decided to band together.

If someone were to ask me my favourite type of villager, I wouldn't give a species or a personality. I'd say, "blue!"

EXGAW2EVAAAb2q-

Finally paid off my final house loan!

EXG2-qCU4AANg8F

Also decided to customise my house:

Before
EXG22LbUwAE4sU4

After
EXG22LiUwAAte0s

Reactions: Raz
It would be great if villagers I actually want to leave (Pinky, Lopez, Filbert) asked to move instead of those I plan to hold onto. Sherb and Wolfgang have both asked twice now! I'm starting to take offence.

EXLApRkU4AAgLBQ

EXLApRVU8AAf9PS

Dear Nintendo,

• Bettas and angelfish cannot be housed together. They are both aggressive species and will fight each other to the death.
  • Guppies should not be housed with bettas (especially males, like the model used in-game) - they're attracted to the bright colours and will nibble on their tails.
  • Goldfish and the above tropical fish cannot live together because they have different temperature requirements.

Sincerely,
some fish nerd on an Animal Crossing forum.

EXPzVltVAAYY_v4

I've said it before and I will say it again: I relate to lazy villagers most of all.

EXQ4CQNVcAA2mDc

EXQ4CQDUMAMXVBn

EXQ4CQDU4AEC7TY

Pinky confused poor Wolfgang by using young people words. I can relate, Wolfgang, I can't keep up with the lingo youngsters use either. Maybe I am more of a crank after all.

EXRkdoWU8AAK8hK

In other news three of my villagers are now calling me "butterbean" after Norma suggested it. It's better than "burrito" - ugh, Sherb, please catch onto the butterbean trend and let burrito die. I've never even eaten a burrito.

EXRvDy2UcAARp0n

Last minute landscape changes before bed. Goose, I love you but please get your feathery chicken butt out of my way.

EXRkdn8UYAAMMtX

Fingers crossed that Flick comes tomorrow. After paying off my final house loan I am B R O K E.

EXSHd6fVcAAUYZi

Lazy morning in Vylbrand. I love how alive the villagers make the island feel. They actually do things and interact, rather than aimlessly wandering about outside their own homes.

EXUfRN1UYAAPWmV

Norma hitting out with the real questions. It's too early for this. But damn it is sending my mind back to a previous time. Back before the eight years of university, no one wanted to hire me. My primary skill was writing prose.

EXUM6WvVAAAbffS

When I first started terraforming, the thing I hated most about my map was that it had an east-facing river exit. I created a waterfall to try and work with it, then I mostly ignored it for a week. Then a few days ago I decided it was time to do something with it. I planted some shrubs, built an incline, and moved my campsite to this spot. I'm really happy with how it is looking so far!

EXVpXfXVAAAn5bY

And inside the campsite is Soleil! She's not particularly popular, which I'm pretty pleased about, because it meant I managed to snag her amiibo card for £4 on eBay last week. She won't be able to move in until May 9th, despite the misleading image, but I'm still excited! My island has no snoots and I've never had a hamster villager before. This gives me a couple of days to figure out who I'm going to let go of: Pinky, Lopez or Filbert?

EXVpXfoUMAAuQHj

Answer this one carefully, Lopez. Your residency in Vylbrand is at stake.

EXVpXfjVcAAUXtV

Back